Iba, D2 Season 67 Topic

I like Limestone in the Midwest;  San Francisco St. in the East; U. of the Sciences in the South; and Coker in the West. 

I have Limestone winning back-to-back titles by defeating U. Science in the championship
10/22/2013 12:22 PM
gulp.  not sure that will happen green, but I'd take it!

worried about tonight's game in a big way.  I hate re-matches in the NT.  Somehow I always come up short in the second game.

GL to everyone left.   I was bummed and stunned to see a few CVAC conference mates go down (Lees-McRae and Pfeiffer) in round 2.

10/22/2013 6:58 PM (edited)
I like Limestone, Pittsburg, St Eds and St Marys. Pittsburgh St looks very good this year, and im kind of intimidated by recursion given they just beat Pfieffer, who beat me pretty handily earlier this season
10/22/2013 4:08 PM
Super tough matchup for us tonight. University of the Sciences is one hell of a 6 seed!
10/22/2013 5:00 PM
muskies, I think our game should be a good game.  I think we match up decently against each other.  As far as how things go on paper, could be the game of the night. 
10/22/2013 9:27 PM
In a desperate attempt to reverse any potential jinx, I am picking Bellarmine to win it all in an overwhelming fashion.  At the very least, Limestone stands no chance to get past them in tonight's match-up.
10/23/2013 9:34 AM
Goodluck tonight Duncan. I swear it seems you are in the elite 8 every single season! You guys look very strong. I think this will be your year
To breakthrough!
10/23/2013 12:56 PM
Thanks muskies.  GL to you too.  This is somehow our 6th consecutive trip to the Elite 8 and I sure would love for one of them to finally end with a national title!
10/23/2013 3:50 PM
Great final 4! Glad to see 2 CVAC teams involved. St. Mary's is always a challenge, and that Pittsburgh St. squad is the real deal! (they kind of remind me of last NCAA season's Wichita St. Shockers)
10/24/2013 12:12 PM
I'm going to have to get past another CVAC team if I want to reach the Championship game again.  GL to warshot and Coker tonight!  I think the St. Mary's fan base is getting a little sick of getting this close and never winning it all, so maybe we can finally pull it off.
10/24/2013 2:59 PM

mduncan has to face another CVAC team in the finals....

I have plenty of bulletin board material with my 1-5 record vs. coach mduncan, and being tagged the underdog by 4 points per 'Vegas' - despite being ranked the higher team.

based on our results versus common opponents, I think this game will be very even.

10/25/2013 9:45 AM
GL brian.  I agree that this game looks very, very even on paper.
10/25/2013 10:02 AM
Get it done mduncan.  Get it done.  Bring another title to San Antonio.
10/25/2013 5:54 PM
In the 67 or so seasons of Iba DII basketball, my conference mate brianxavier won the first back-to-back titles in Iba's DII history. Congrats to Brian for a great coaching job.
10/27/2013 10:48 AM
brianxavier has done a fantastic job at Limestone.  That was one nearly impossible team to gameplan against.  When Murphy fouled out in a lovely 8 minutes of playing time our chances went to 0%, but they weren't overly high to start with against a team as strong as the one he built there.  In a D2 world as tough as Iba, back-to-back titles is next to impossible.  Awesome job.
10/27/2013 7:07 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Iba, D2 Season 67 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.