The HATE Theme....full Topic

Posted by gt02 on 9/30/2013 10:37:00 PM (view original):
Are we still going with a $50M cap?
Yep....
10/1/2013 6:28 AM
There are no players in the database that played less than 20 games.
10/1/2013 9:29 AM

I know.

What I'm referring to, is that when we play our league....ALL 23 players on your team must play AT least 20 games during the season.   If you don't acheive this, no playoffs for you.   

The reason behind is to make sure all players get used during our season and prevent owners just drafting a cheap version of player..that player will never play a game for them.  Eg...Rob Ray.  An owner will simply draft/pick a $165,000 version and he'll never put him on his 20 man game roster (always in the press box for our entire 82 game season).

This means you'll need to draft a guy that is very capable of playing at least 20 games for you.  If you draft a version of a player with a very low GP%...there is a decent chance of him being injured for the WHOLE season!!!  Therefore never able to play 20 games for you..... that is no excuse and you be out of the post season.   

So it be a good idea to draft skaters (non goalies) with close to (if not over) a GP% of 75.  And goalies with a decent GP%

10/1/2013 9:53 AM
Posted by aginor on 10/1/2013 9:53:00 AM (view original):

I know.

What I'm referring to, is that when we play our league....ALL 23 players on your team must play AT least 20 games during the season.   If you don't acheive this, no playoffs for you.   

The reason behind is to make sure all players get used during our season and prevent owners just drafting a cheap version of player..that player will never play a game for them.  Eg...Rob Ray.  An owner will simply draft/pick a $165,000 version and he'll never put him on his 20 man game roster (always in the press box for our entire 82 game season).

This means you'll need to draft a guy that is very capable of playing at least 20 games for you.  If you draft a version of a player with a very low GP%...there is a decent chance of him being injured for the WHOLE season!!!  Therefore never able to play 20 games for you..... that is no excuse and you be out of the post season.   

So it be a good idea to draft skaters (non goalies) with close to (if not over) a GP% of 75.  And goalies with a decent GP%

If that's the case can I pull my team out. Sorry, but I did not know that was one of the rules. Thanks!
10/1/2013 10:28 AM

It is a suggestion...I've not actually put it in place yet.    If enough owners don't think it's a good idea, I will not put it in.   I realize doing it will mean more work in handling the team because you'll have go in change line ups from time to time. 

Like I said...I've suggested it....

10/1/2013 10:33 AM
I like it - makes it more of a Hate theme!
10/1/2013 2:07 PM
It's different. I'll play that way if everybody else wants. Make me use those hated players.
10/1/2013 8:00 PM
Yea...not happy about having to play, Ray, Avery, McSorley, Neill etc at least in 20 games but like said..owner choose them I should be forced to us them..  IMO

Oh...clarify the rule...so long as the the system gives the player (skater or goalie) credit for a GP..that's all that matters.  No minimum, minutes played, even strength time, goalie win/lose decisions etc.   Just given credit for a GP 20 times by the system during the regular season...
10/1/2013 9:08 PM
i am in, but I am surprised that brashear, carcillo and domi is not on a list yet, but since we need D I choose Daneyko from NJD
10/3/2013 7:50 AM

welcome aboard... 

Looking over the list so far ...and a 50 mill cap...going to be fun and a challenge to put a team together...

10/3/2013 9:40 AM
League # yet?
10/3/2013 12:50 PM
I'll be setting one tonight or tomorrow...
10/3/2013 1:18 PM
I've set up the league with a number ....until we get full, it will not do anyone any good.  BUT will send it out
10/5/2013 4:20 PM
Well there never was a bigger swine on the ice than Derek Sanderson, although they say after he beat the booze he was a changed man. I think he drank he forget how hated he was...

So I am in and I give you all the gift of the Turk, who did have a couple of good seasons.

10/6/2013 8:21 AM
Welcome aboard...SAK will not mind having him!!  8-)
10/6/2013 12:00 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
The HATE Theme....full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.