Ok.It's time for Wis to eliminate most GD worlds ! Topic

I'm with jibe, bhouska, and cebrake (Charlie) on this all the way! Yes, there were problems with 1.0,. The biggest was probably that there was too much emphasis on the running game, BUT but the worlds had more humans, and the competition was great! You knew what it took to win, and you knew why you lost. It was NOT filled with the unbelievable play results that constantly occur in 2.0!!!!! People actually used the "Coaches Corner" , "Site Mail", and telephone to communicate with other players.  You could even call WIS and talk with Tarek Kamil, and Joe Conte about the game. The players actually felt like they were part of something, AND it was more FUN!!!!! 

I have asked these questions before: "Why did we not just keep what was working, and correct what was not?"
                                                            "Why do we always seem to change just about everything?" 

and here is the big one:......................." Are we better off now than we were with 1.0, and is it MORE FUN?"
9/17/2013 7:03 PM
If they cut down to more worlds I would play again.
9/17/2013 7:09 PM
How about closing all worlds and opening just one from scratch and let everyone battle it out from there. So I can show you all what's up ain't that right Babcick?
9/18/2013 3:30 AM
Posted by jfootball88 on 9/18/2013 3:30:00 AM (view original):
How about closing all worlds and opening just one from scratch and let everyone battle it out from there. So I can show you all what's up ain't that right Babcick?
I don't think this would be popular - but I like it !
9/18/2013 3:45 AM
   I am thinking of reducing the worlds Extremely for 2 reasons. One , is it would be more fun for the coaches.
                       But 2 and the much more important one since it "would"(in my opinion) make Wis more money is Marketing. I don't think many people will sign up(newbys) if the worlds are empty. If the existing players don't like it why would they ?  But if they find full worlds that are 1-more fun and 2-looks like it's more fun since it's jam packed then they can get enthusiastic and join.

9/18/2013 8:50 AM
Posted by mojolad on 9/18/2013 3:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jfootball88 on 9/18/2013 3:30:00 AM (view original):
I don't think this would be popular - but I like it !
I like jfootball88's enthusiasm!!
9/18/2013 9:10 AM
after 100 seasons --- retire the entire world
9/18/2013 11:19 AM
also -- run separate formats --- original / current / v3
9/18/2013 11:19 AM
Close the worlds in the reverse order that they were opened. Yost goes first...
9/19/2013 5:15 AM
Am I the only one that basically likes version 2.0? Though it seems to me that is does have some problems. Passing efficiency needs to be dropped by 10 to 15% or so.
Turnovers need to be decreased by 20 to 25%. But after that it seems like a fun game. Yes, you win some games you probably shouldn't and also lose some games to teams you shouldn't but that seems like football to me.

I never played version 1.0 but it seems like a ridiculous and totally unrealistic game to me. From what I have read--you could win by running 100% of the time and never throwing. Coaches who found that method of recruiting great running backs, offensive lines, and defensive lines and running all the time won all the time. That is supposed to be a great game? So you build up a team like that with great prestige and you can't be beat and that us supposed to be good? How unrealistic can you get?
This won't be a popular statement--but it seems like a bunch of whiners who figured out how to beat an unrealistic game to me. Then they change to version 2.0 where passing actually matters and a lot of people could not adjust and went back to their mommy's couch and pouted.
It does though seem like they went overboard and made passing a little too dominant of a feature.

I just started in the Beta world for version 3.0 and it scares me. The one thing about 2.0 is it does take a lot of time and effort to set up and run a team. Version 3.0 is going to take a lot longer and is a LOT more involved. If the game is better--I would still play and invest the time but would probably cut back from 3 teams to 2. I am afraid though--that a newbie coach would be overwhelmed with how complicated it is. They could set their team to the basic mode--but would get killed by coaches who take the time to put in the advanced mode coaching.

I certainly don't have all the answers to the GD woes but it just seems to me like a few simple tweaks to the 2.0 would be better than trying to re-invent the wheel.
I for one--enjoy the version 2.0.

9/19/2013 8:04 PM
tooslim,

I never played 1.0 either, and I do enjoy 2.0.  But, I don't think those guys were whiners.  Over my time coaching in 2.0 and reading some of the posts from the guys who played 1.0, I began to understand what they were complaining about.  Again, I never played 1.0, so I might be off the mark a bit...but here is the scenario.  I don't want the sim to randomly pick a runner when I run my wishbone.  I want to use and abuse the #1 guy.   When I want to throw the ball, I do not want to throw to my single WR.  I want him to go deep, clear out the area underneath and go to my stud TE 90% of the time.  On defense I want my #1 LB on the field all the time, but I want him as MLB when I'm in 4-3 and I want him at OLB when I'm in Nickel or Dime.

The complaints were really about "control" of the game...vs the random choices that get made for us in 2.0.   Truthfully, I still don't understand the aggressiveness levels on defense.  I have no idea what effect that setting really has.  It also appears that Dime, Always Pass vs the Shotgun is an invitation to let the opposing QB have a career passing day.

I think those are some of the things that most coaches really have complaints about.  3.0 is/was supposed to solve those, but certainly appears to have gone way overboard with complexity.    Lastly, no matter what engine, having more humans in the conferences/worlds would be better than facing 10-12 sims every season.

9/19/2013 9:03 PM
In 3.0 outside of the initial investment of time (that I believe is fun) it has not been necessary to spend any more time then I have spent on my 2.0 team at the same time. Seriously. I don't get this "3.0 is so complicated" meme. Its got problems, but that ain't one of them. 2.0 is too simple to create any immersion. I'm not playing football in 2.0 I'm just recruiting and letting them go. 
9/20/2013 9:43 AM
I suggest: For a larger fee per team season, maybe $1000 per, we could recruit and control Real Humans.  Maybe the next best players that aren't drafted by the NFL.
       Then we would be able to run any offense or defense, any style of play , and have it streamed to us complete with Blood , Guts and Concussions   .

9/20/2013 10:27 AM
Posted by noah23 on 9/20/2013 9:43:00 AM (view original):
In 3.0 outside of the initial investment of time (that I believe is fun) it has not been necessary to spend any more time then I have spent on my 2.0 team at the same time. Seriously. I don't get this "3.0 is so complicated" meme. Its got problems, but that ain't one of them. 2.0 is too simple to create any immersion. I'm not playing football in 2.0 I'm just recruiting and letting them go. 
I don't think the setup is terribly complicated. The complexity, to me, will be in game-planning. Breaking down tendencies will be more difficult, and there will be many, many potential adjustments necessary for each human opponent. That process will be time-consuming, which may lead many to reevaluate their participation in GD.
9/20/2013 10:53 AM
               I have tried the Beta(3) . I did not like it. Too many things to think about.  Yet I do like the current game(2).  I would be happy if they just left it at 2. Put their effort into Selling it again . Yes, you will lose more current member that were looking forward to the changes. But the new ones that stick will be here because they like what it is.
               See, they can Never make all of us happy. Each of us has differing opinions on what we want .
                So the more they try to tweak the game the more people they will tick off.
Wis's best bet for themselves is to make a version(or stick with the current one) and sell the hell out of that and leave it in place for a long while if they do get more players.

9/21/2013 9:39 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Ok.It's time for Wis to eliminate most GD worlds ! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.