Ok.It's time for Wis to eliminate most GD worlds ! Topic

Since the majority of teams are now AI coached,  It looks pathetic and is so much less challenging for the humans to be scattered the way we are.
        There is only one solution. Forcibly(with notice) close down majority of the worlds . That will bring human much more vs human games and will look a lot better to prospective newbies.
        I know many of you will moan about how you built up your team but we will get over it.

9/16/2013 12:45 AM
Posted by mojolad on 9/16/2013 12:45:00 AM (view original):
  Since the majority of teams are now AI coached,  It looks pathetic and is so much less challenging for the humans to be scattered the way we are.
        There is only one solution. Forcibly(with notice) close down majority of the worlds . That will bring human much more vs human games and will look a lot better to prospective newbies.
        I know many of you will moan about how you built up your team but we will get over it.

Easier to do if you are at DIII / DII; much more difficult to contemplate for those at D1AA / D1A. Particularly for those who have reached elite status. 
9/16/2013 1:31 AM
Posted by mojolad on 9/16/2013 12:45:00 AM (view original):

Agreed. Just pick the ones that are least full so you **** off the least amount of people. And for the ones that only have teams in that world, give a couple free seasons to them to build up a team in another world.
9/16/2013 8:58 AM
I would suggest a free season for each level.

I-A = 4
I-AA = 3
II = 2
III = 1
9/16/2013 9:01 AM
Posted by stingray002 on 9/16/2013 9:01:00 AM (view original):
I would suggest a free season for each level.

I-A = 4
I-AA = 3
II = 2
III = 1
I would consider moving IF they (never will) go for giving that. IF WIS ever does a consolidation they will do it and those who have to move will get very little if any compensation. I have lost faith in WIS customer service/support for GD. Only one of my teams would be tough for me to leave because it is DIA and my alma mater but I'm willing to even move then to make this game better than it is. It is so hard for me to get on every day to gameplan and what not. Not because of a job or life, just don't care much. I care enough that I want to do well but not enough to go above and beyond. I used to look forward to recruiting, CCs, playoffs/bowls. Now I only get excited about recruiting once in a while, post season is eh... as long as I maintain job status. I keep thinking about picking up a team in a diff world to get in an active and very competitive lower level conference but I am SO close to dropping all my teams (may be at my last season with them all) that I figure, what's the point.
9/16/2013 9:29 AM
I am on board with this idea.  I would hate to lose either of my teams, but it is much better to play with more humans vs less.  I would suggest that they keep the worlds "available", but "closed/inoperative", so that any of us who would lose our team could at least go there from time to time and remember the "good ole days" and "past glory".

I would also give first pick of teams (at any level...meaning a D1A guy could go directly to D1A) to those coaches with the most seasons in the world that closed.  
9/16/2013 12:28 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 9/16/2013 12:28:00 PM (view original):
I am on board with this idea.  I would hate to lose either of my teams, but it is much better to play with more humans vs less.  I would suggest that they keep the worlds "available", but "closed/inoperative", so that any of us who would lose our team could at least go there from time to time and remember the "good ole days" and "past glory".

I would also give first pick of teams (at any level...meaning a D1A guy could go directly to D1A) to those coaches with the most seasons in the world that closed.  
If consolidation would occur, allowing coaches to transfer level to level would help ease the transition.

The downward spiral of activity seemed to occur after the transition from 1.0 to 2.0. Before that time, when we had more coaches, there was much more activity in the "Coaches Corners" as well as "Site Mail". Now there are many coaches who no longer bother to participate, or even check on those sites. That is too bad, because many of us old timers developed friendships through this game, and enjoyed the camaraderie. Some of us from those times still have phone conversations.

I guess Thomas Wolfe was right!

9/16/2013 1:24 PM
Look guys, if you think the worlds are 2/3 empty now, just wait until v3 is installed. If the last 7 months of beta testing, and what has been done to fix this disaster, is any indication close to the final product, WIS will be a wasteland. If some of you have been around as long as I have, if you remember, everybody disliked v1 and the job Joe Conte and Tarek Kamil were doing. But, the worlds were full, and it was difficult to move up to the next level. I remember when N. Carolina was the first human team taken in Rockne. The world forums were full of chatter, with great competition, and the game was fun. Then Joe and Tarek left for a new venture,  v2 came in with all of it's many changes and  WIS started its downward spiral. Sure there have been a few spurts of interest, but not because of anything WIS has done. A couple of years ago there was an attempt to fill up Heisman, and it was filling up for a while. There was even a cardboard trophy that was mailed around the country and Canada, to the D-1 Champ. Currently in the 3 worlds that I belong there are 563 humans coaching 1836 teams, that's 30.6 %. I took a D-III team last month to generate some interest for myself, and I didn't play another human until the playoff semi finals. When beta testing started in Feb, by the time I found out about it, some of the new worlds were actually full. There was an interest in v3. I wanted a team so I wouldn't miss out on anything. But now coaches have dropped out of that, and some don't even recruit. But I got a team, and after 7 months, haven't learned a thing. Nothing has been accomplished with the game, only window dressing.
I say bring back v1 ( they say that can't be done), or fix the things that are wrong with v2. But I'm afraid that v3 will finally make the scene (2015??), and there will be 562 humans, I'll most likely be gone. But I can say that in the last 8 years that I have made some great friends, and we speak, or e-mail each other, and I'm thankful to WIS for that. But it's funny, none of those friends were made in the last couple of years. WIS has really changed, and not for the better. In my opinion, consolidating the worlds will only aggravate more coaches, and force them to leave. If anyone takes away my Okla team after 72 seasons, they can have all of my teams. R.I.P. What If Sports. 
9/16/2013 9:35 PM
I don't believe WiS will eliminate any GD worlds unless it will mean more income. Do you think they'll get more paying customers with fewer worlds?
9/16/2013 10:06 PM
I'm OK with closing worlds, but if they do it they need to get rid of "elite" status at the same time. It's too hard to get an elite now; if we eliminate worlds we'll end up with elites never turning over at all.

IMHO, v1 wasn't that much superior to v2. I think the main reason so many people left is because of the change to the rewards system. A lot of people were not only playing for free; they were turning a profit on Amazon gift cards. Once they had to actually pay, they cleared out in a hurry.

9/17/2013 11:42 AM
Well if wis really wants to fill the worlds  they need to reduce the prices, that would fix all of it and bring more customers to their site which in return will make them way more money in the long haul considering a lot of those people will buy other products they have to offer
9/17/2013 11:57 AM
The real solution here isn't closing worlds or reducing prices, but rather improving the product.  Supposedly progress is being made in this direction, but I just haven't seen enough evidence of that to justify keeping even one team. It wouldn't matter if I were playing against more humans or paying 50% less--without a better product, I won't do more than pop into these forums from time to time to view the carnage. 
9/17/2013 1:47 PM
The sugesttion to close worlds has been out there for several years now. They won't. No matter what world you play in. No matter how many play the game. They will make their money.
9/17/2013 2:28 PM
IMHO, v1 wasn't that much superior to v2. I think the main reason so many people left is because of the change to the rewards system. A lot of people were not only playing for free; they were turning a profit on Amazon gift cards. Once they had to actually pay, they cleared out in a hurry.

I whole-heartedly disagree.  The game went from a fun strategy game to a crapshoot the second V2.0 was rolled out.  And trust me, THAT'S the reason everybody bolted.  To have absolutely no control over who wins and who loses was f-ing ridiculous.

I do agree with Charlie though, if V1.0 could be brought back, you'd see a rise in all the worlds again.  And a more fun game, IMO.

9/17/2013 4:33 PM
Posted by bhouska on 9/17/2013 4:33:00 PM (view original):

I whole-heartedly disagree.  The game went from a fun strategy game to a crapshoot the second V2.0 was rolled out.  And trust me, THAT'S the reason everybody bolted.  To have absolutely no control over who wins and who loses was f-ing ridiculous.

I do agree with Charlie though, if V1.0 could be brought back, you'd see a rise in all the worlds again.  And a more fun game, IMO.

+1,000,000

My last team is on its last games now. Too many losses to teams it has no business losing to. Including today.
9/17/2013 4:51 PM
123456 Next ▸
Ok.It's time for Wis to eliminate most GD worlds ! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.