"Great world!  Only need 14 to get started!  Password is Mookie Wilson!  Join now!"
10/8/2013 6:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2013 6:21:00 PM (view original):
One of the better solutions would be if the worlds with 10-12 openings looked at themselves, asked "Why do we have 10-12 openings?", made an actual attempt to find out way and then made an attempt to resolve those problems instead of saying "This is a good world."

Because, you know, worlds with 10-12 openings aren't good worlds.   It's not WifS' fault either.
Especially focusing on your very last sentence.

You wouldn't believe the amount of owners blaming WIS. Actual posts from various worlds:

Bad customer service on part of WIS....of course, they are not too worried, they already have our money

Inattentiveness by WIS to serve needs of their customers . What other business model tells their customers "You'll wait and there's nothing you can do about it."

We can't expect WiS to do much about it, they seem to want worlds to shrivel and die, which may be the best solution actually.

...WIS has let things get out of hand with all the openings.

There are 14 worlds that rolled before September. Meanwhile 17 worlds have filled in the last week alone. Clearly the fault lies with WIS.

Also amazing how many owners clamor to go public. IF their world had any merit at all left, they are willing to toss it for a quicker fill. Although in most cases it doesn't help at all, in fact many lose good owners who see the writing on the wall.

"When are we going public? We need to get this thing going" Like it's a magical pill.

10/9/2013 8:32 AM (edited)
Actually, I would believe the amount of owners who blame WifS for their world's failure. 
10/9/2013 8:46 AM
All of the worlds can't be above average.

When I stared playing, I thought Fox/WIS would market HBD and improve the game to keep it interesting.

They released one small patch that improved a few things (like D replacements), but that's been it. Good job on that, but far from enough.

I frequent sports and gaming sites and I've don't think I've seen and HBD ad or article for years.

When only the few "good" worlds are left, I wonder if Fox will bother keeping the site live?
10/9/2013 12:51 PM
All worlds don't have to be above average(as it's obviously impossible per my mad math skilz).   But some plain ******* suck.   If you're in that ******* sucks, move on.
10/9/2013 7:46 PM
Three choices:

1. Reduce the number of private worlds. Start a campaign to have 3 worlds merge to 2. I know of one instance where this is already being discussed.
2. WIS put out a new release of HBD with big exciting upgrades to generate new interest!!
3. See 1. 
10/9/2013 11:38 PM
There's a fourth.  Do nothing.   Worlds have always filled.
10/10/2013 7:10 AM
5 more filled and starting in the last 24 hours.
10/10/2013 8:46 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.