UNO ! 2 - League # MLB107133 Topic

The Burghers have 14 players, but I didn't look to see if any of them have already been picked, which also comes into play as to whether they would be eligible. If there are enough, then I guess, according to the commish's ruling, that would be Bastan's selection with his reverse. Bastan is 12th, which means he needs 13 eligible players. He has wiggle room for one that has already been drafted, provided there are no players with partial/combined seasons who show up twice on the list.
10/17/2013 12:53 PM (edited)
First, let me be perfectly clear; I believe the commish is doing, and has done a GREAT job running this league/draft...

That does not preclude me from disagreeing w/ a ruling he has made...STILL think you shouldn't change rules in the midst of a draft...STILL think he is doing a great job...

Secondly, I believe that terry00's 'compromise' is the perfect solution to this issue...

GL to everyone...

DBP

10/17/2013 12:53 PM
Just glanced at the Burghers and didn't see any partial/combined seasons among the 14. Also, I didn't look real closely, but I didn't see any players who had previously been selected.
10/17/2013 12:59 PM
Solons Tim O'Rourke end of bench
10/17/2013 12:59 PM
Posted by SpotSell on 10/17/2013 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Next seasons rule could be like - "no team can be selected to start a round or used as a reverse unless there are enough players to complete that round" pretty simple and straightforward common sense.
Yes- what you & terry said is accurate. 
Gotta have a large enough player pool to accomodate the Draft slots left either to start a round or Reverse it.

Please let's not ruin 23 Rounds of fun over an unforseen hitch in Round 24.  Unless Bastan posts a different team- I guess his BURGERS team has enough viable available players & we'll consider his post an open proxy.  Yes- it will screw over a whole lot of people & really suck for a lot of people- but that's the breaks I guess.  AND if he doesn't declare a Player from the Burgers then he'll pick last I guess.

Do I like it- no.  And if we do another UNO I will throw out a few of these teams that could really screw people badly.
No one wants to plan out a budget for 3-4 weeks & strategize & spend $13 to have the rug pulled out from under them & have to totally revamp their team into a pile of crap at the 11th hour... 

10/17/2013 1:00 PM
The Burgers will only hit three people.  I suspect Mr. Pitt will reverse the reverse himself.
10/17/2013 1:03 PM
Nobody has reverse or wc so will play my card now in between flights. I'll take the New York mets and have some fun with Matt Harvey since I shouldn't be playing uno anyways according to someone behind me I evidently ****** off. My team name will be TODD SAYS I SHOULDNT BE IN UNO.
10/17/2013 1:04 PM
Todd- that's the whole freaking point of uno. Screw the guy next to you. NOT let's make it a regular draft and everyone gets stacked teams. UNO is all about strategy, luck of cards played, and flexibility esp late in draft. Sorry to see you forget that from the days habsfan, bulantz, and the older guys in LIVE brought to uno.
10/17/2013 1:06 PM
Posted by toddleduc on 10/17/2013 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Next seasons rule could be like - "no team can be selected to start a round or used as a reverse unless there are enough players to complete that round" pretty simple and straightforward common sense.
Gotta have a large enough player pool to accomodate the Draft slots left either to start a round or Reverse it.

Please let's not ruin 23 Rounds of fun over an unforseen hitch in Round 24.  Unless Bastan posts a different team- I guess his BURGERS team has enough viable available players & we'll consider his post an open proxy.  Yes- it will screw over a whole lot of people & really suck for a lot of people- but that's the breaks I guess.  AND if he doesn't declare a Player from the Burgers then he'll pick last I guess.

Do I like it- no.  And if we do another UNO I will throw out a few of these teams that could really screw people badly.
No one wants to plan out a budget for 3-4 weeks & strategize & spend $13 to have the rug pulled out from under them & have to totally revamp their team into a pile of crap at the 11th hour... 

I do think this "screwing" is absolutely part of the strategy, as long as you can help your own team a t the same time.  It forces people to carefully weigh when to use and when to hold their "cards."

That's just me, then again I'm half reptile, half certifiably insane, half asleep, old and fat.

10/17/2013 1:07 PM
Posted by toddleduc on 10/17/2013 1:00:00 PM (view original):

Sorry commish, that's why it is a "UNO draft/league"...To all those owners who used their 'reverse' & WC early to grab 'their' guy, that's the risk they take...Someone else down the line might just throw a monkey-wrench into their plan...Sobeit, that's UNO...And I think that is why many of us like this format...

DBP

10/17/2013 1:07 PM
Posted by BastanRedsox on 10/17/2013 1:06:00 PM (view original):
Todd- that's the whole freaking point of uno. Screw the guy next to you. NOT let's make it a regular draft and everyone gets stacked teams. UNO is all about strategy, luck of cards played, and flexibility esp late in draft. Sorry to see you forget that from the days habsfan, bulantz, and the older guys in LIVE brought to uno.
No sir, the whole point is for your team to win - and if you can stick a knife in someones belly, well that's just a bonus.
10/17/2013 1:08 PM
What DBP said...
10/17/2013 1:09 PM
Mr. BastanRedSox - it may not be pretty but accept your victory with grace, choose the Burghers and stick the knife to the next three people.  Then we can all move on.
10/17/2013 1:16 PM
I've played uno many times. I actually am
Imploring a strategy I've never used before that might work. We will see. But my foremost goal in uno is to keep flexibility and make YOU change your philosophy and get YOU out of your comfort zone.
10/17/2013 1:17 PM
Considering I took the mets and Harvey about 15 minutes ago, I don't know how much grace I can have... But at least I can read! :)
10/17/2013 1:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...62|63|64|65|66...74 Next ▸
UNO ! 2 - League # MLB107133 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.