UNO ! 2 - League # MLB107133 Topic

QUOTE: "There simply HAS to be 24 eligible players in my opinion to pick a team.  I will re-evaluate the list of teams for next season- if there is one."
Just so we know going forward, on reverses
!!!! and we hope you have another one next season  "DODDLEDUC"
10/17/2013 10:28 AM
Because noone else can grab him:

Wild Card:

Johnny MIze

10/17/2013 10:29 AM
Ned Bligh C
10/17/2013 10:50 AM
Toddle when you have time on page one you skipped the (15) slot Round 25
thanks
10/17/2013 11:04 AM
Well since my whole purpose was to draft from the Pittsburgh Burghers (1890) this whole time, screwing the teams behind me with major salary and trying to even the playing field for my 95 million $ team, I will let Todd use my reverse on whatever he wants to improve his team and make him a happy camper again. Go ahead and reverse and then I'll pick my ****** player whenever I'm out of the air today. Glad this is a sim team rather than LIVE... Not like I play LIVE anymore anyways.
10/17/2013 11:05 AM
Posted by BastanRedsox on 10/17/2013 11:05:00 AM (view original):
Well since my whole purpose was to draft from the Pittsburgh Burghers (1890) this whole time, screwing the teams behind me with major salary and trying to even the playing field for my 95 million $ team, I will let Todd use my reverse on whatever he wants to improve his team and make him a happy camper again. Go ahead and reverse and then I'll pick my ****** player whenever I'm out of the air today. Glad this is a sim team rather than LIVE... Not like I play LIVE anymore anyways.
According to the rules, if you don't play your reverse at the scheduled time, you forfeit it. That means that you and the owners behind you are stuck with a Columbus Solon until they are reversed.

That said, I see Toddleduc's point and respect his ruling. Next season, maybe we can compromise. For instance, to lead off a round with a team, it has to have 24 eligible players. But with a reverse, it has to have enough players to finish the round. For instance, if you're picking 10th, there would have to be 15 eligible players for you to reverse in order to complete the round without the use of another reverse or a wild card.

10/17/2013 11:30 AM (edited)
P Jack Leiper
10/17/2013 11:27 AM
Well it's a proxy given to Todd to make decision with...
10/17/2013 12:25 PM
Posted by terry00 on 10/17/2013 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by BastanRedsox on 10/17/2013 11:05:00 AM (view original):
According to the rules, if you don't play your reverse at the scheduled time, you forfeit it. That means that you and the owners behind you are stuck with a Columbus Solon until they are reversed.

That said, I see Toddleduc's point and respect his ruling. Next season, maybe we can compromise. For instance, to lead off a round with a team, it has to have 24 eligible players. But with a reverse, it has to have enough players to finish the round. For instance, if you're picking 10th, there would have to be 15 eligible players for you to reverse in order to complete the round without the use of another reverse or a wild card.

Agreed-  Bastan has to either pick a team or proxy a team. 

I can't just arbitrarily pick someone.  I'm sorry if you pinned your whole entire Draft on Round 24 team.
It's not about making me "a happy camper".  It is what should logically be allowed.
I'm sorry if you approached this Draft trying to screw people & not build a good team.
I thought the idea of a DRaft League was to build a good team. 
If you have a $95 million team in a $120 cap League- then I'm not sure why you're even playing.

Thanks everyone for the support... just trying to be logical and fair here.  We'll clean up the Rules a bit if you guys want to do another UNO in a month or two- if some of you want to quit because I didn't allow a team to be used that didn't have enough players to cover the Round- then I'm sorry you don't see the logic in having a functional Draft.

10/17/2013 12:34 PM

Round 24-  Thursday  (10/17)  
  COLUMBUS SOLONS  
1) horus_6  (REV)  (WC) JIM DONNELLY
2) scaljay  (REV)  (WC) Jimmy Peoples
3) antoncresten  (REV)  WILD CARD  --> VICTOR MARTINEZ
4) daddyzander  (REV)  (WC) Sam Nichol
5) gbakker  (REV)  (WC) Ned Bligh
6) loudawg10  (REV)  (WC) Jack Leiper
7) joshkvt  (REV)  (WC) 1pm
8) reddtrain  (REV)  (WC) 1:30pm
9) pmars2001  (REV)  (WC) 2pm
10) The Taint  (REV)      WILD CARD  --> JOHNNY MIZE
11) jbar8888  (REV)  (WC) 3pm
12) BastanRedsox  (WC) 3:30pm
13) toddleduc  (REV)  (WC) 4pm
14) jlrunruh  (REV)  (WC) 4:30pm
15) pick1or2  (REV)  (WC) 5pm
16) mpitt76  (WC) 5:30pm
17) darthhoosier  (REV) 6pm
18) mikemundt  (REV)  (WC) 6:30pm
19) Vindex24  (REV)  (WC) 7pm
20) elleryq  (REV)  (WC) 7:30pm
21) terry00  (WC) 8pm
22) SpotSell  (WC) 8:30pm
23) spoonfed  (REV)  (WC) 9pm
24) dilligafdbp  (REV) 9:30pm

10/17/2013 12:34 PM
Posted by BastanRedsox on 10/17/2013 12:25:00 PM (view original):
Well it's a proxy given to Todd to make decision with...
You should make the decision.  IMHO, you should be able to choose that team - as long as there are enough players to finish a given round.  I think that was the intended spirit of the rule.  With that intended spirit,  I don't think Todd would be being contradicting himself at all if he allowed your pick.  However, I'm just a passenger and am not driving the bus.
10/17/2013 12:35 PM
...and as I've said numberous times- there are PLENTY of ****** teams left if you still want to screw people over  **
10/17/2013 12:37 PM
*IF THE BURGHERS HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS TO COVER THE REST OF THE ROUND- yeah- you can still use them..
10/17/2013 12:43 PM
Todd, you are doing a great job in a tough situation.  Keep Smiling!
10/17/2013 12:46 PM
Next seasons rule could be like - "no team can be selected to start a round or used as a reverse unless there are enough players to complete that round" pretty simple and straightforward common sense.
10/17/2013 12:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...61|62|63|64|65...74 Next ▸
UNO ! 2 - League # MLB107133 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.