Who would want to join THE FIRM? Topic

That's why you have more than one coach dedicated to game planning. Plus you have 5 qualified coaches backing you up
9/26/2013 11:11 PM
The reason I want to do this is for the conversations.     If we had a forum to discuss things it would lead to the sharing of some neat ideas.  Just because someone was "in charge" of one aspect it doesn't mean the others couldn't chime in and put there 2 cents in.

For example:

Say the scout coach notices the next opponent has one main scorer who takes all the teams 3's but takes alot of them.   A discussion on whether or not  to double team him, switch the best defender to him, shift the defensive setting, or any combonation of these would be one that I am interested in having with compotent coaches.  Also, we could really analyze the results and see what works and what doesn't.
9/27/2013 8:07 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 9/27/2013 8:07:00 AM (view original):
The reason I want to do this is for the conversations.     If we had a forum to discuss things it would lead to the sharing of some neat ideas.  Just because someone was "in charge" of one aspect it doesn't mean the others couldn't chime in and put there 2 cents in.

For example:

Say the scout coach notices the next opponent has one main scorer who takes all the teams 3's but takes alot of them.   A discussion on whether or not  to double team him, switch the best defender to him, shift the defensive setting, or any combonation of these would be one that I am interested in having with compotent coaches.  Also, we could really analyze the results and see what works and what doesn't.
Exactly! The whole idea is really more to work as a team. The "titles" are meant to be a fun aspect of it, not a "WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING YOUR JOB" aspect lol.
9/27/2013 11:34 AM
So when are we getting started?
9/27/2013 11:50 AM
You guys should create a brand new account and call it "the firm". Just sayin'.

Apologies if I missed this somewhere in the thread. 
9/27/2013 12:19 PM
TheFirm

No space, no underscore, yes to capital letters.
9/27/2013 1:25 PM
Posted by tkimble on 9/27/2013 11:50:00 AM (view original):
So when are we getting started?
I've created the ID and am awaiting the confirmation email. I'll confirm with people that claimed interest in joining. tkimble and trentonjoe are clearly the most invested so far with rednu, yanks and swamy claiming interest so I'll confirm with those 3 before sending over the password.

The first order of business is selecting a starting team and world. I've created the forum but the domain I chose is blocked at work for me so I'll set that up later today or this weekend and sitemail the password to TheFirm
9/27/2013 1:54 PM
does the whati.cincinnati site work for sending confirmation emails? doesn't look like it works
9/27/2013 1:58 PM
Yeah, I'll do it...I just suck at recruiting so don't give me that task
9/28/2013 7:38 AM
THE FIRM IS LIVE and I've sitemailed the participants that have shown interest. First order of business is deciding which team to grab, so see you guys on TheFirm forums!
9/28/2013 1:04 PM
Where are TheFirm forums located? LOL
9/29/2013 12:59 PM
I'm guessing it's too late to try to join? :(
9/29/2013 1:41 PM
This sounds like a ton of fun would love to do it probably to late though?
9/29/2013 1:44 PM
We're full for now but if we expand or hire replacements we'll take applications ;-) also the forums are at thefirm.freeboards.net but right now we only have a private forum for internal discussion. I'll add a public one once we've selected a team and all
9/29/2013 2:55 PM
Jet, is this going? If so, how are you guys doing? I'd like to do something like this for Gridiron.
11/12/2013 12:28 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
Who would want to join THE FIRM? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.