Fix your *stinking* coach hiring! Topic

WIS Staff Hello....

Do you see all those coaches hanging around at the major league level?

Why do you make us fight with each other to try to get EVERY one of our franchises to bid on them, before any are willing to take offers at lower levels --- while some sharkier GM's even suck up the lower level coaches that aren't as good, from where we are starved for them?

What does it take to get it through your heads that you have produced a lousy system that needs correcting?

10/1/2013 7:05 AM
That's a lot of words to say "GIVE ME BETTER COACHES!!!!"
10/1/2013 7:28 AM
I didn't see Arlen say "please".

DENIED!!!  for rudeness.
10/1/2013 8:16 AM
Last time I hired coaches, I bid, they accepted. No problem.
10/1/2013 8:41 AM
Why are people still having trouble with coach hiring?

I have a blind, one-nut monkey randomly slam his monkey hands on my keyboard during coach hiring.    And I get plenty of good coaches.   You can look for yourself.
10/1/2013 9:00 AM
Is that before or after the dinner date?
10/1/2013 9:10 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/1/2013 9:00:00 AM (view original):
Why are people still having trouble with coach hiring?

I have a blind, one-nut monkey randomly slam his monkey hands on my keyboard during coach hiring.    And I get plenty of good coaches.   You can look for yourself.
But he could get BETTER coaches if the ones at higher levels who weren't getting offers accepted lower level offers more readily!!!!!

"GIVE ME BETTER COACHES!"
10/1/2013 9:14 AM
By far the best option to solve this is Mike's suggestion of simply getting rid of LVL demands, and letting the market dictate.

Simple and much more realistic.

"I know I'm no better than your AA hitting coach but I DEMAND a BL job @ $1.5M."
10/1/2013 9:32 AM
Yeah, I gave up on pushing that months ago.    The market would sort them out but, for whatever reason, it's not been enacted.

With players retiring and asking for coaching jobs, there's really no concern of the owners hiring all the old guys(which we will) and then having a coach shortage when they retire.   It's a fluid market.   The biggest problem I can see is the possibility of lesser coaches at some point.    Of course we'd hire the best, and they'd be older, who'll eventually retire.    Then, at some point, I imagine we'd see 33 coaches with 75 ratings instead of the the current 85 we see with 75 ratings.  Then we'd have the ol' "WE NEED MO' BETTER COACHES!!!!!" like we've seen with FI since the beginning of time.
10/1/2013 9:42 AM
Arlen: Always looking for a handout.

Getting rid of level demands would solve a lot of problems, although the unsorted list might be daunting for newer players.
10/1/2013 10:58 AM
Make coaching a budget like medical and training. Problem solved. Nobody cares who their coaches are. Every minute spent on coach hiring is a minute that could be better spent on anything else.
10/2/2013 1:34 PM
If a suggestion falls in WiS since there is no one around, does it still make a noise? 
10/3/2013 9:36 PM
Posted by dlmose on 10/3/2013 9:36:00 PM (view original):
If a suggestion falls in WiS since there is no one around, does it still make a noise? 
this...
10/6/2013 3:46 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 10/1/2013 9:32:00 AM (view original):
By far the best option to solve this is Mike's suggestion of simply getting rid of LVL demands, and letting the market dictate.

Simple and much more realistic.

"I know I'm no better than your AA hitting coach but I DEMAND a BL job @ $1.5M."
How about instead of getting rid of LVL demands just lower them. They may want a AAA job but are willing to take a AA position. ML position but willing to take a AAA position. Maybe after spending 3 yrs at a level or reach a certain age they might not lower their expectations.
12/14/2014 7:44 PM
The coaching thing is a hassle, but not so much that it's worth getting too worked up about it. What I would like to see is the ability to fire a hitting coach or pitching coach during the season if the team is sucking in the areas they oversee. We should be able to hire an unemployed coach or promote one from the minors. Would make the coach aspect a tad more interesting.
1/11/2015 6:38 PM
12345 Next ▸
Fix your *stinking* coach hiring! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.