Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Posted by The Taint on 10/4/2013 11:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):
If it was so highly negotiated, with tons of GOP input, then why is the GOP against it so strongly?
Going to be the final nail in the coffin of he GOP when it's successful.....and a Muslim black man got it passed.
10/4/2013 12:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 12:03:00 PM (view original):

It's hard to remember **** when your primary concern is pointing the finger at the other guy.

And they're also blaming floods on water, not fire

How dare they not assign blame equally.
10/4/2013 12:09 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 12:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):
If it was so highly negotiated, with tons of GOP input, then why is the GOP against it so strongly?
No answers?
Obama said he was going to reach across the aisle.     So he obviously did.   Right after turning water into wine.  Duh.
10/4/2013 12:11 PM
I'm certainly not condoning the Republican's part in the current government shutdown.

But I find it hil-*******-larious about how the Democratic Party apologists here are completely resolving "our side" of any blame.

If I, or a member of my team, has a colleague that is "difficult" to work with, I can't just punt to the problem up the chain to my management by calling the whaaambulance.  I still have a responsibity to try to establish a functional working relationship with said person.  Then again, I work in a professional environment.

It's too bad that some folks here don't feel that our "leaders" should be held accountable to the same standards of professionalism and leadership.
10/4/2013 12:13 PM
HE TURNED WATER INTO WINE!!!!   WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT, REPUBLACKEY!?!?!??!
10/4/2013 12:18 PM
It shows how much of a moron you are, when you wipe away the facts about how this happened, and just scream "BOTH SIDES, BOTH SIDES BOTH SIDES".
10/4/2013 12:20 PM
I'd suggest being careful when using a term like "moron" when claiming that the political logjam in Washington falls solely at the feet of the GOP. 

Kinda shows you haven't been paying attention.   For 20 years or more.
10/4/2013 12:22 PM
I must have missed all the other times the House refused to vote on a bill that passed the Senate, that would pass the House, and end the shutdown. Please educate me all knowing one.
10/4/2013 12:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 12:22:00 PM (view original):
I'd suggest being careful when using a term like "moron" when claiming that the political logjam in Washington falls solely at the feet of the GOP. 

duuuuuumbaaaaassssss

No one is saying that the Democrats are blameless when it comes to the retard factory in DC.

In this specific instance, when the House GOP passed a bill knowing that it would never pass Senate vote and then refused to vote on the Senate's bill (because it would have passed), the House GOP is to blame for the shutdown. Not the entire Republican party. Not all Republicans in Congress. Just the House Republicans.
10/4/2013 12:31 PM
So it's your contention that our government is a finely-tuned, smooth-running machine?
10/4/2013 12:31 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 12:31:00 PM (view original):

duuuuuumbaaaaassssss

No one is saying that the Democrats are blameless when it comes to the retard factory in DC.

In this specific instance, when the House GOP passed a bill knowing that it would never pass Senate vote and then refused to vote on the Senate's bill (because it would have passed), the House GOP is to blame for the shutdown. Not the entire Republican party. Not all Republicans in Congress. Just the House Republicans.
So it's YOUR contention that every day is a new day, no grudges held, no revenge sought?

OK.   I guess that's a nice little world you live in.

I think I'll call it "Retardville".
10/4/2013 12:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):

duuuuuumbaaaaassssss

So it's YOUR contention that every day is a new day, no grudges held, no revenge sought?

???????

So, in your simple brain, anything that happens in Congress or the White House is the fault of both parties because...well you know...DURRRRR GRUDGES DURR.

Life must be great when you can live it avoiding ALL critical thinking.
10/4/2013 12:40 PM

Failure starts at the top.

Here's an email that a friend of mine received around a week ago (he's not sure how he got on THIS mailing list):

Reply-To: "[email protected]"... <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:42 PM
To: xxxx
Subject: Hey, it's me

Friend --

It's been a while since I've written, but it's a good time to check in.

For the first time in a long time, our side gained some real momentum over the summer -- on everything from immigration reform to climate change.

This is why we organize in between elections.

We all have a personal stake in what happens over the next few years.

So, what is the number one issue you care about?

We have some big challenges ahead, and how you decide to be part of them will be as important as ever.

Barack is going to keep fighting for the things we believe in, and if he can count on you, too -- well, that's when we get things done.

Thank you,

Michelle

P.S. -- Don't forget to share more about what makes you tick.

"Our side" . . . isn't that awesome, coming from the website for the President of "Hope!" and "Change!"

10/4/2013 12:52 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 12:52:00 PM (view original):

Failure starts at the top.

Here's an email that a friend of mine received around a week ago (he's not sure how he got on THIS mailing list):

Reply-To: "[email protected]"... <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:42 PM
To: xxxx
Subject: Hey, it's me

Friend --

It's been a while since I've written, but it's a good time to check in.

For the first time in a long time, our side gained some real momentum over the summer -- on everything from immigration reform to climate change.

This is why we organize in between elections.

We all have a personal stake in what happens over the next few years.

So, what is the number one issue you care about?

We have some big challenges ahead, and how you decide to be part of them will be as important as ever.

Barack is going to keep fighting for the things we believe in, and if he can count on you, too -- well, that's when we get things done.

Thank you,

Michelle

P.S. -- Don't forget to share more about what makes you tick.

"Our side" . . . isn't that awesome, coming from the website for the President of "Hope!" and "Change!"

Do you not think we have a two party political system?

You seem offended by the idea that Republicans and Democrats have different ideas on the best way to run the country.
10/4/2013 12:56 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):

duuuuuumbaaaaassssss

???????

So, in your simple brain, anything that happens in Congress or the White House is the fault of both parties because...well you know...DURRRRR GRUDGES DURR.

Life must be great when you can live it avoiding ALL critical thinking.
Dear resident of Retardville,

Our government isn't focused on passing legislation.  It is focused on getting "their" way and figuring out how to make the "other guy" look bad and/or incompetent.   This sort of attitude as a residual effect.    Today is a new day but yesterday is not forgotten.   By anyone.

Sincerely,
The people with functioning brains
10/4/2013 12:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20...57 Next ▸
Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.