Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 12:22:00 PM (view original):
I'd suggest being careful when using a term like "moron" when claiming that the political logjam in Washington falls solely at the feet of the GOP. 

Kinda shows you haven't been paying attention.   For 20 years or more.
duuuuuumbaaaaassssss

No one is saying that the Democrats are blameless when it comes to the retard factory in DC.

In this specific instance, when the House GOP passed a bill knowing that it would never pass Senate vote and then refused to vote on the Senate's bill (because it would have passed), the House GOP is to blame for the shutdown. Not the entire Republican party. Not all Republicans in Congress. Just the House Republicans.
So it's YOUR contention that every day is a new day, no grudges held, no revenge sought?

OK.   I guess that's a nice little world you live in.

I think I'll call it "Retardville".
???????

So, in your simple brain, anything that happens in Congress or the White House is the fault of both parties because...well you know...DURRRRR GRUDGES DURR.

Life must be great when you can live it avoiding ALL critical thinking.
Dear resident of Retardville,

Our government isn't focused on passing legislation.  It is focused on getting "their" way and figuring out how to make the "other guy" look bad and/or incompetent.   This sort of attitude as a residual effect.    Today is a new day but yesterday is not forgotten.   By anyone.

Sincerely,
The people with functioning brains
It's funny when you pretend like you know how the government works (and count yourself among those with functioning brains). Tell us more about treasury bills and the deficit.
10/4/2013 1:03 PM
Why don't you tell us how the failure of our government is all on the GOP?

That seems like fun.    Like watching a dumbass superglue his dick to a flagpole.
10/4/2013 1:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 12:52:00 PM (view original):

Failure starts at the top.

Here's an email that a friend of mine received around a week ago (he's not sure how he got on THIS mailing list):

Reply-To: "[email protected]"... <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:42 PM
To: xxxx
Subject: Hey, it's me

Friend --

It's been a while since I've written, but it's a good time to check in.

For the first time in a long time, our side gained some real momentum over the summer -- on everything from immigration reform to climate change.

This is why we organize in between elections.

We all have a personal stake in what happens over the next few years.

So, what is the number one issue you care about?

We have some big challenges ahead, and how you decide to be part of them will be as important as ever.

Barack is going to keep fighting for the things we believe in, and if he can count on you, too -- well, that's when we get things done.

Thank you,

Michelle

P.S. -- Don't forget to share more about what makes you tick.

"Our side" . . . isn't that awesome, coming from the website for the President of "Hope!" and "Change!"

Do you not think we have a two party political system?

You seem offended by the idea that Republicans and Democrats have different ideas on the best way to run the country.
I occasionally have different ideas from the people I work with on how to approach a particular problem.

I don't turn it into a "me against him/her" *******-match scenario.

Maybe I should start, since that's good enough for the President and the 535 members of Congress.
10/4/2013 1:05 PM
What's been the GOP's stated goal since day one of this admin?
10/4/2013 1:07 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 1:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 12:52:00 PM (view original):

Failure starts at the top.

Here's an email that a friend of mine received around a week ago (he's not sure how he got on THIS mailing list):

Reply-To: "[email protected]"... <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:42 PM
To: xxxx
Subject: Hey, it's me

Friend --

It's been a while since I've written, but it's a good time to check in.

For the first time in a long time, our side gained some real momentum over the summer -- on everything from immigration reform to climate change.

This is why we organize in between elections.

We all have a personal stake in what happens over the next few years.

So, what is the number one issue you care about?

We have some big challenges ahead, and how you decide to be part of them will be as important as ever.

Barack is going to keep fighting for the things we believe in, and if he can count on you, too -- well, that's when we get things done.

Thank you,

Michelle

P.S. -- Don't forget to share more about what makes you tick.

"Our side" . . . isn't that awesome, coming from the website for the President of "Hope!" and "Change!"

Do you not think we have a two party political system?

You seem offended by the idea that Republicans and Democrats have different ideas on the best way to run the country.
I occasionally have different ideas from the people I work with on how to approach a particular problem.

I don't turn it into a "me against him/her" *******-match scenario.

Maybe I should start, since that's good enough for the President and the 535 members of Congress.
Yes, the wording Michelle used was so insidious. She really didn't hold back, I mean, come one, the O word follow by the S word? What's next? Asking people to vote for Democrats instead of Republicans? The horror.
10/4/2013 1:18 PM
Posted by The Taint on 10/4/2013 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Shut down the government, obviously.
10/4/2013 3:35 PM
The GOP House is offering and planning to vote on specific legislation to fund and reopen parts of the government.  The Democrats are opposed to this, they prefer an "all or nothing" approach to the shutdown.  And Obama has promised to veto any piecemal legislation that crosses his desk.

Yep, sounds like the Democrats are acting perfectly reasonably in all this.  It's entirely the GOP's fault.
10/4/2013 3:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 3:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 10/4/2013 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Shut down the government, obviously.
10/4/2013 3:48 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 3:47:00 PM (view original):
The GOP House is offering and planning to vote on specific legislation to fund and reopen parts of the government.  The Democrats are opposed to this, they prefer an "all or nothing" approach to the shutdown.  And Obama has promised to veto any piecemal legislation that crosses his desk.

Yep, sounds like the Democrats are acting perfectly reasonably in all this.  It's entirely the GOP's fault.
Source?

All I've seen is something about a bill to just reopen national parks. Because closed national parks are the real crisis here.
10/4/2013 4:15 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 4:15:00 PM (view original):

Source?

All I've seen is something about a bill to just reopen national parks. Because closed national parks are the real crisis here.
Or I guess I could just go the GOP PR page...I mean the Drudge Report...and see what article he's citing that misquotes another article from a legitimate news source.
10/4/2013 4:16 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 4:15:00 PM (view original):

Source?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/04/politics/government-shutdown-main/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
10/4/2013 4:29 PM

Boehner and his GOP House leadership said they would proceed with votes, including a rare Saturday session, on piecemeal spending legislation to fund popular programs while the shutdown continues.

Democrats oppose the incremental approach, saying it amounts to conservatives pushing it to fund programs and services they like.

House Republican leaders sought to depict the legislative wrangling as Democrats harming federal workers and denying services such as national parks and veterans affairs by voting against the limited spending proposals focused on them.

Other piecemeal spending measures will provide funding for the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the National Weather Service with a tropical storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as the Head Start program, Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Virginia said Friday.

Obama would veto such measures if they reached his desk, the White House has announced.

10/4/2013 4:31 PM
POPPYCOCK!!!!!

The Dems are willing to talk, negotiate and vote.   The Repubs only want to harm the American public!!!!!
10/4/2013 4:40 PM
lol @ this mess. Even the discussion thread can't negotiate.
10/4/2013 4:46 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 4:31:00 PM (view original):

Boehner and his GOP House leadership said they would proceed with votes, including a rare Saturday session, on piecemeal spending legislation to fund popular programs while the shutdown continues.

Democrats oppose the incremental approach, saying it amounts to conservatives pushing it to fund programs and services they like.

House Republican leaders sought to depict the legislative wrangling as Democrats harming federal workers and denying services such as national parks and veterans affairs by voting against the limited spending proposals focused on them.

Other piecemeal spending measures will provide funding for the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the National Weather Service with a tropical storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as the Head Start program, Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Virginia said Friday.

Obama would veto such measures if they reached his desk, the White House has announced.

Why doesn't Boehner just put the Senate bill up for a vote? It will surely pass. That way the full government is up and running instead of a retarded incremental approach.

You aren't still saying, "Group A has introduced a terrible idea. Group B voted it down (or promised to vote it down/veto it). Group B deserves blame for the mess." Are you?
10/4/2013 4:51 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...57 Next ▸
Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.