Pinch hitting is not an exact science. Topic

Hell, it's not even setting line-ups 2-3 times a day.  It's checking for fatigue 2-3 times a day.   I KNOW you're around to do it.
10/1/2013 5:47 PM
I'm usually around plenty during the weekdays, but it's not that uncommon for me to not check in between PM2 and AM during the week, and to go longer than that on weekends.  Micro-managing was an overstatement, but really I just prefer the GM stuff and just don't care to mess with the team during the season.   
10/1/2013 8:45 PM
So, really, you meant "managing".
10/2/2013 8:26 AM
Posted by paul0613 on 10/1/2013 4:03:00 PM (view original):
I would have expected better from the forum community.  There isn't a setting that causes the manager to use common sense.  Using auto rest should give players the day off barring an injury or situational opportunity in a close game.  Had one of my players been injured in the first inning the sim puts a pitcher in for the remainder of the game? If so, that is equally flawed.  I am looking for real life simulation of baseball here not because the computer says so.
I think what you meant is you expected the forum community to agree with you. Not going to happen when the answer is that you should have benched the player for a game or two rather than use auto-rest. There does seem to be agreement that auto-bench would be a useful option, but no one is going to start holding his breath.
10/2/2013 12:32 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 10/1/2013 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Yea the moral of this story is "Don't use auto-rest."  Even if you had it your way, you're gonna have wacky looking lineups when you do that.
Actually, I think the real moral of the story is, rest your players occasionally, even when they're at 100% so they don't ever get to 99% or whatever threshold you deem to low to play.  No matter what world you are in, there are good team, there are bad team, there are lefties starting, there are righties.  Rest your players when you deem you still have a good matchup with them sitting on the bench (but available for pinch hitting) rather than allowing the sim to rest them based upon a 99% rest setting.  Its not too terribly tough to figure out how many at bats a guy can get in a year w/o getting worn down, rest accordingly.
10/2/2013 3:07 PM
◂ Prev 12
Pinch hitting is not an exact science. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.