Playoffs Thread Topic

Posted by raucous on 10/2/2013 7:16:00 PM (view original):
If that happens.  I would go MIA for a week.
I am available....
10/11/2013 11:46 AM
Man...these umps blow.
10/12/2013 10:03 PM
shame....these umps are ruining a great game.
10/12/2013 10:19 PM
Seriously??? Every one of those pitches was on the strike zone according to FoxTrax, which means they're STRIKES. Leave it to a Sox fan to **** and moan about the umps.
10/13/2013 12:20 AM
my favorite thing is when people point a finger at Red Sox fans as if they are lone culprits in every thing that is wrong......

the only franchise that has fans that over values its prospects, the only franchise that has fans that question some calls when they are on the losing end....
10/13/2013 2:18 AM
FWIW, I don't believe Detroit won because of the umpires, Sanchez simply outpitched Lester.  Good baseball game.

can't really ask for much more if you are a casual fan than what the 3 LCS games have given you so far for drama....
10/13/2013 2:26 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Where did I say they lost because of the umps?

Was a great game. Those were some very close pitches that went all against the Sox. Same pitches lester wasn't getting though.

Also, that k-zone thing is a joke.
10/13/2013 8:14 AM

Double wahs from edso and nomah.

10/13/2013 1:39 PM
that's not fair....you are being mean

why, oh why, does everyone pick on Red Sox fans?
10/13/2013 3:31 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 10/13/2013 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Where did I say they lost because of the umps?

Was a great game. Those were some very close pitches that went all against the Sox. Same pitches lester wasn't getting though.

Also, that k-zone thing is a joke.
A joke that they film with high-speed precision cameras?  The ball-and-strike umpiring on this game, based on the PitchFX system, was well above average.  Lester was throwing off the corners.  And in case you somehow missed them, Sanchez had a TON of pitches around the corners called balls.  He just managed to throw some over the corners that Lester wasn't catching.  Sour grapes are sour grapes, but for you to say that the technology can't see the strike zone as well as you do is just ridiculous.  If you're old enough to mistrust technology that badly, there's no way you see that well.  I mean, nothing alive sees as well as PitchFX.
10/13/2013 4:35 PM
Posted by edsortails on 10/13/2013 3:31:00 PM (view original):
that's not fair....you are being mean

why, oh why, does everyone pick on Red Sox fans?
2 World Series titles in like what, 95-100 years ?
Futility... Wasted efforts... Nothing about being a
Red Sox fan ever once won a ball game... Futility.

Does God know of your futile efforts in Fan-ville?
10/13/2013 4:44 PM
what?  the fans don't win games?  who knew?

and it would seem from your insight that only fans in Boston are unable to contribute.....I feel terrible about this
10/13/2013 5:47 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Does anyone else second guess Leyland's handling of his pitching staff the last two days. That's all EVERYONE in Detroit is doing tonight. I might be the only guy who isn't. Opinions anyone???
10/14/2013 12:21 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Playoffs Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.