Playoffs Thread Topic

I don't get how you would second guess Leyland, unless you're someone that thinks that all starters should throw a complete game every start.  What match-ups were bad in that innings?  Veras vs. Middlebrooks in a 5-1 game, 1 out nobody on?  Smyly vs. Ellsbury with 1 on and 1 out?  

You could argue that Benoit should have come out instead of Alburquerque, either to face Pedroia or to try and get a 5-out save against Victorino and Ellsbury.  Or to come in against Ellsbury.  But at that point it didn't seem necessary to stretch out your closer.  Alburquerque was on and carved up Victorino.  Pedroia took a good pitch and grounded it in a hole because he's a good hitter who got lucky.  

Benoit was absolutely the right choice vs. Ortiz.  Phil Coke has been terrible, hasn't pitched in a major league game in nearly a month, and Tiger fans were calling for him to be cut all season.  Only in hindsight could you suggest he was a better option to face Ortiz.  And Ortiz pulled a pitch that was on the outer half of the plate for a home run.  That's pretty impressive.

I would have had Benoit pitch the ninth.  But Porcello didn't pitch poorly.  The lead-off single was a routine ground ball to an ordinary third baseman, that shouldn't have been thrown by Iglesias, that should have easily been blocked by Prince.  Then Prince should have caught a pop-up.  A lot of defensive blame to go around in that ninth because Boston scored a run on two rollers.
10/14/2013 1:35 PM
wow...your complete love of the Red Sox bleeds through in every word of that post
10/14/2013 4:44 PM
Hunter 1st? Cabrera 2nd?
Here's what could happen... 
A. It is a complete and utter fail
B. It works great
C. The world blows up
D. The world blows up again
E. Everyone breaks they're legs before the game. Accidents happen.
F. The Tigers are no-hit.
G. Cabrera blows up. He hates hitting in the 2 spot.
H. Cabrera Commits suicide.
I. Hunter commits suicide.
J. They both commit suicide.
K. Leyland blows up.
L. Leyland commits suicide.

10/16/2013 6:09 PM
Looking good so far...
10/16/2013 10:57 PM
Go Tigers!
10/17/2013 2:03 PM
Buck Foston. I ******* hate these bearded fux!!!
10/19/2013 11:47 PM
Ironic that if u alternate the first letters that it becomes "buck". I mean, after all, he's had the Red Sox ***** in his mouth the whole series while McCarver was cupping their nuts. I don't know how these two continue to be able to talk with the Red Sox ***** firmly embedded in their cheeks.
10/19/2013 11:51 PM (edited)
but Foston isn't even a word......
10/20/2013 12:14 AM
Coming from the guy "sorting tails" that means a lot...LOL!!!
10/20/2013 1:41 AM
Cards don't have the slightest chance...
10/25/2013 4:18 PM
◂ Prev 12345
Playoffs Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.