D3, Season 69 Topic

Two of our four remaining unbeaten teams lost last night but despite that the top five in the rankings stayed the same.  The voters love Millsaps.

Last Night
#6 Emory 79   #1 Millsaps 73
This was a great game throughout with both teams holding the lead at times, but the visitors would take a lead on a 3ptr halfway through the second half that they would not relinquish.  Emory was able to make enough shots and get enough stops the rest of the way to secure a huge conference win that left the home fans shocked and confused.  Emory and phalla had three players in double figures and as a team shot 56% from the floor.  Millsaps and brian were once again led by Clyde Peguero with 25 points and even with the home loss, they still hold the top ranking in the land.

Also considered: #2 Palm Beach Atlantic also own a close one on the road over #8 Piedmont 77-72, #14 Wooster withstood the shiny new press defense of Wittenberg 59-56 (GO SCOTS!), #15 Dallas handled Trinity 65-54, Kalamazoo sank two free throws with three seconds left in double overtime to stun #25 Calvin 94-92, and Denison ran away from Earlham 70-56.

Sim blowout watch: Marymount is still winless but at least they covered against Hood 52-118 and Rutgers Camden did the same vs #7 Ramapo 47-86.

ITaLRbHAGotN: US Merchant Marines had absolutely no trouble in this one as they cruised to a 81-61 win at home over Stevens Tech.  For the Ducks' sake, let's just move on.

GotN
#21 Greensboro (13-3)(tilldog28) at #8 Piedmont (13-3)(bunkerbuster)
Back to the USA South and a tasty looking cross-divisional matchup between ranked opponents.  tilldog has a narrow 6-4 lead in the series between these two and the home team is favored by 2 points.

Also considered: #6 Emory at #15 Dallas, #9 Ozarks at Trinity, Southwestern at #11 Louisiana, Denison at #14 Wooster, and St. Joseph's at #24 W. New England

Sim blowout watch: It's another case of sim-on-sim action as one win Amherst is getting a fat 72 points as they visit the only ranked sim team #16 Worcester St.

ITaLRbHAGotN
#7 Ramapo (14-1)(pgj930) at Montclair St. (10-5)(bigpapamatt)
We drop in on the New Jersey conference where Ramapo is off to another impressive start to the conference season going 5-0 so far.  Montclair St. is a couple games back already but a home win here would be huge.
10/28/2013 5:45 PM
Everyone in the top half of the rankings won last night but we have a new #1 team anyway, apparently the voters were impressed with Palm Beach Atlantic's recent form.

Last Night
Greensboro 66   #8 Piedmont 87
Greensboro led this game by 1 point at halftime and it continued being close through most of the second half.  With just under nine minutes left, the visitors sunk a turnaround to go in front 59-57.  At this point Piedmont decided that they didn't want to lose and kicked things into a higher gear and locked down the defense.  They outscored Greensboro 30 to 7 over the final eight minutes to secure the home victory.  Piedmont and bunkerbuster got 23 points from David Armstrong and held steady in the rankings with the win while Greensboro and tilldog fell into the others receiving votes section.

Also considered: #6 Emory survived a late charge by #17 Dallas to win 50-47, #9 Ozarks handled Trinity 76-54, #10 Louisiana got the home victory over Southwestern 83-71, #14 Wooster kept rolling with a close 67-64 win against Denison, and #20 W. New England cruised past St. Joseph's 74-57.

Sim blowout watch: Amherst got some pity from their fellow sim and covered with room to spare against #16 Worcester St 46-79.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Another not-too-close other featured game last night as #7 Ramapo had no trouble with Montclair St. in a 78-55 road win.

GotN
#9 Ozarks (15-2)(timmytfk) at Sewanee (12-4)(madpad78)
We return to the University conference while new-to-the program timmy has Ozarks atop the west division standings in his maiden voyage.  Sewanee is a couple games off the pace in the east division and a home win here would look pretty nice in the projection report.  Ozarks is favored by 5 points on the road.

Also considered: Newbury at #4 S. Vermont, Hendrix at #6 Emory, and #20 W. New England at Emerson

Sim blowout watch: LeTourneau is a big 77 point home dog as they welcome #11 Texas Lutheran to town while Averett is getting 67 points as they're visited by new #1 Palm Beach Atlantic.

ITaLRbHAGotN
SUNY Cortland (10-6)(cuck) at SUNY Fredonia (13-4)(Sim AI)
An early key battle in the east division of the SUNY conference as both of these teams have one loss in conference, the winner here will hold the edge until the rematch the second to last day of the season.  Fredonia sounds like a location out of a mythical/fantasy story, doesn't it?  You know what makes it sound even more like a fictional fantasy location?  The Red Dragons of Cortland are coming to town!  RUN!!  Save yourselves!!!  The dragon fire will spare no one!!
10/29/2013 3:48 PM
Colorado apparently impressed the voters more last night so they're back as our #1 team for the first time since the non-conference season.

Last Night
#9 Ozarks 92   Sewanee 82
This was another pretty close game in which the ranked team pulled away a bit at the end for a double digit victory.  Sewanee led by 6 at the break and then battled with the visitors through much of the second half with Ozarks extending the lead for good around the three minute mark.  Ozarks and timmy would finish with four players in double figures and stay atop the division standings with the win.  Sewanee and madpad got 18 points each from their starting guards in the losing effort.

Also considered: #4 S. Vermont held on for a 60-59 home win over Newbury, #5 Emory handled Hendrix 69-50, and Emerson got the 66-63 home upset over W. New England.

Sim blowout watch: LeTourneau covered with ease vs #12 Texas Lutheran 62-104 and Averett covered enough to knock #3 Palm Beach Atlantic down the rankings, losing 47-80.

ITaLRbHAGotN: The Red Dragons of Cortland terrorized Fredonia, burninating all that stood in their path!  And by that I mean: SUNY Cortland made their free throws down the stretch to secure a clutch 77-72 road victory over SUNY Fredonia.  Cortland and cuck now have a one game lead in the standings while Fredonia will look forward to the rematch later in the season.

GotN
Whittier (14-4)(windixies) at #1 Colorado (18-0)(bdpoor)
Tonight we check in on the So.Cal conference which currently has the second best conference RPI in the land.  Colorado is on an impressive undefeated run this season and now they're back on top of the rankings as well.  Whittier comes to town two games back in the standings and looking to give the home team their first loss.  bdpoor has a tiny lead in the all time series between these two 14-13 and his team is favored by 12 points in this one.

Also considered: #17 Dallas at #2 Millsaps, #3 Palm Beach Atlantic at #23 Oglethorpe, Sewanee at #5 Emory, and Southwestern at #9 Ozarks

Sim blowout watch: Poor winless Norwich is getting a massive 92 points as they welcome #4 S. Vermont.

ITaLRbHAGotN
#14 Wooster (14-3)(pseudochamp) at Earlham (13-4)(paul836)
It's a big North Coast conference clash of division leaders as the Fightin' Scots travel to take on the Quakers.  Wooster is undefeated in conference and needs to keep winning to stay a game ahead in the west division.  Earlham is 6-1 and also leads their division by just one game.  paul is winless in seven games against Wooster and his team is getting 2 points at home tonight.
10/30/2013 12:32 PM
Happy Halloween to all.  Anybody out there wearing a Gorlok costume for the holiday?
10/31/2013 12:34 PM
If anyone dresses up a Gorlok or a Fightin' Scot or any other goofy D3 mascot, I demand pictures.
10/31/2013 3:13 PM
Posted by pseudochamp on 10/31/2013 3:13:00 PM (view original):
If anyone dresses up a Gorlok or a Fightin' Scot or any other goofy D3 mascot, I demand pictures.
Alas, I no long have my Wooster kilt, otherwise I could oblige on this one!
10/31/2013 3:33 PM
Colorado hangs on to the top spot in the rankings while on the other end of the spectrum we're down to four winless teams after the Bluffton Beavers secured their first win of the season last night.  Go crazy, Beavers!

Last Night
Whittier 64   #1 Colorado 82
Whittier kept this one close through the first half and into the second but eventually the home team proved too much to handle and Colorado pulled away.  Colorado and bdpoor got 22 points from James Wright and stayed perfect on the season while the Poets of Whittier were dealt their third conference loss.  I think Robert Frost said it best when he wrote "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep."

Also considered: #3 Millsaps got defense and free throws to down #22 Dallas 71-66, #2 Palm Beach Atlantic handled Oglethorpe 66-51, #4 Emory scored the home victory over Sewanee 69-58, and #9 Ozarks triumphed in a close defensive struggle with Southwestern 99-94.

Sim blowout watch: Norwich stayed winless but still covered against #6 S. Vermont 43-85.

ITaLRbHAGotN: BOOOOOOOO EARLHAM!!!!  BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Earlham 79 Wooster 76 BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  BOOOOOOOOOOOO EARLHAM!!!!!!  BOOOOOO QUAKERS!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

GotN
Howard Payne (14-5)(aggiegeog) at #23 Austin (15-3)(ricosuave21)
There's quite the battle going on in the east division of the American Southwest conference with Howard Payne on top at 8-1 and Austin tied with Hardin-Simmons at 7-1.  Every game between these three is obviously important and this is the first of two between these opponents this season.  The winner here will open up the first advantage in the divisional title race.  aggiegeog has a big 14-6 all-time lead and the odds-makers have this one as a dead even pick.

Also considered: Occidental at #1 Colorado, #21 Penn St. Altoona at Susquehanna, and Sewanee at #22 Dallas

Sim blowout watch: La Grange is a 68 point home dog against #2 Palm Beach Atlantic while North Central is getting 67 points on the road vs #18 Northland.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Gustavus Adolphus (16-2)(Sim AI) at Hamline (16-2)(foofighter13)
Huge game in the Minnesota conference between teams with identical records, both sitting tied atop the east division at 8-0 in conference play.  It's the Lions visiting the Pipers to see who takes the midpoint lead in the divisional title race.  Vegas has it as an even pick so it should be a great game.

Boo Earlham.
10/31/2013 3:56 PM
We're down to only one undefeated team in the land after a big upset last night and not surprisingly we have a new #1 team with Millsaps returning to the top.

Last Night
Howard Payne 84   #20 Austin 104
Both teams ran uptempo offense so we got a high scoring up and down the court affair.  After leading by 9 at the break, the home team was able to build the lead into double figures in the second half and just kept making baskets.  Austin and ricosuave had five players in double digit scoring and are now tied for the divisional lead while Howard Payne and aggiegeog fell a game back in the title race.

Also considered: Occidental scored a huge upset win, giving #3 Colorado their first loss 64-54, #18 Penn St. Altoona had no issues with Susquehanna 61-42, and #22 Dallas got past Sewanee at home 66-53.

Sim blowout watch: La Grange kept it close-ish and covered against #2 Palm Beach Atlantic 54-70 and North Central kept it even closer-ish to cover at #24 Northland 81-95.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Hamline took the lead a few minutes into the first half and it wasn't really close after that as the home team cruised to a 72-53 win over Gustavus Adolphus.  Hamline and foofighter moved to 9-0 in conference with the win and now have a one game lead in the division.

GotN
#11 Louisiana (14-5)(discodave) at #1 Millsaps (18-1)(brianxavier)
These two teams are chasing the leaders in their divisions while trying to survive the brutal University conference schedule.  Millsaps is also looking to defend their new #1 ranking while a road win would probably move Louisiana up into the top ten.  brian leads the all-time series 26-13 and his team is favored by 5 points at home.

Also considered: #9 Ozarks at #4 Emory, W. New England at #7 S. Vermont, Hardin-Simmons at #20 Austin, and #22 Dallas at Southwestern

Sim blowout watch: Kean will be keen to keep this one close as they are getting 75 points on a visit to #6 Ramapo.  I'm so clever.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Wisconsin Superior (10-10)(jvcoach) at Wisconsin La Crosse (19-1)(theaaskimo)
Wisconsin La Crosse is 10-0 in conference play and this looks to be the only remaining obstacle to a perfect conference run.  Wisconsin Superior is leading the south division by just one game so an upset win here would be huge for them in the standings.  These coaches have split the previous two meetings between them and La Crosse is giving 15 points at home in this one.

11/1/2013 1:20 PM
Well, the Fighting Scots are having a mediocre season... 
11/2/2013 8:39 PM
No change in the rankings last night, Wooster is still at #14.  I know that's what everyone is watching closely.

Last Night
#15 Louisiana 56   #1 Millsaps 76
After a pretty close first half, Millsaps turned up the defensive pressure in the second half to limit the visitors' scoring and slowly extended the lead into double digits.  Millsaps and brianxavier got 21 points from Clyde Peguero and stayed one game back of the divisional lead with the win.  Louisiana and discodave suffered their fourth conference loss and are now tied for second in their division.

Also considered: #4 Emory stayed perfect in conference play by downing #10 Ozarks 68-58, #5 S. Vermont cruised past W. New England 79-60, Hardin-Simmons made free throws down the stretch to get a key road win over #24 Austin, and Southwestern edged Dallas 78-73.

Sim blowout watch: Kean didn't really keep it close but still covered vs. #7 Ramapo 48-84.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Wisconsin La Crosse had no difficulty staying perfect in conference play in a 73-52 home win over Wisconsin Superior.  La Crosse shot 41% from 3 and almost 50% from the floor overall.

GotN
Hardin-Simmons (13-7)(sublightd) at #11 Texas Lutheran (20-1)(blapo21)
Back to the American Southwest conference as the two traditional powers fight it out in their annual cross-divisional matchup.  Texas Lutheran is 11-0 in conference and have a firm hold on the divisional title while Hardin-Simmons is 9-1 and in a dogfight with two teams only one game back in the standings.  sublightd has a big 31-14 lead in the series but the visitors are 6 point underdogs as they look for a clutch road win to stay ahead in the division.

Also considered: #10 Ozarks at Dallas and Susquehanna at #18 Penn St. Altoona

Sim blowout watch: Muhlenberg is a 63 point road dog against #9 Ursinus while Hilbert is getting 54 as they visit #21 Merchant Marines.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Emory and Henry (14-7)(bclark2021) at Lynchburg (14-6)(googs04)
We go to the Old Dominion conference where Lynchburg is 10-0 in conference play and this looks to be their toughest test left on the schedule.  Emory and Henry will be looking to play spoiler as the Wasps visit the Fighting Hornets in another battle of stinging insects.  The arena will be buzzing with excitement!  I'm pretty sure I've used that joke before but I still enjoyed it, so there.  The home bugs are favored by 4.
11/2/2013 10:16 PM
Time to play catch up a little, pretend you're reading this yesterday.

Last Night
Hardin-Simmons 79   #10 Texas Lutheran 91
Texas Lutheran nursed a 7 point lead at the half but were able to extend it into double figures halfway through the second.  The home team were able to fend off a couple runs by Hardin-Simmons to finish off a convincing home win to stay perfect in conference.  Texas Lutheran and blapo had five players in double digit scoring and moved up into the top ten with the win.  Hardin-Simmons and sublightd fell into a tie for their division lead after the loss.

Also considered: #20 Dallas rode a huge second half to take down #11 Ozarks 67-55 and #16 Penn St. Altoona finished a season sweep of Susquehanna 66-49.

Sim blowout watch: Muhlenberg covered with ease against #9 Ursinus 50-73 and Hilbert had a rougher time but still covered at #25 Merchant Marines 66-103.

ITaLRbHAGotN: It was a wild one in the hive last night as Lynchburg needed two overtime sessions to finally get past Emory and Henry 95-87.  The home team had an 8 point lead at the half but Lynchburg battled back in the second half to take the lead halfway through the period.  The visitors were up 65-57 with just fifty-one seconds left in the game.  And at the risk of making he Emory and Henry players feel worse than they already do, I'll go ahead and tell you that they then proceeded to make just five of fourteen free throws the rest of regulation to leave the door open for Lynchburg who still needed a made basket with one second on the clock to force overtime.  In the first overtime... um, yeah... two more missed free throws and Lynchburg again made a tying shot with ten seconds on the clock and we went to double overtime.  Emory and Henry was probably too depressed to go on and Lynchburg wrapped up an improbable come from behind home victory in the second overtime session.

GotN
#1 Millsaps (20-1)(brianxavier) at #11 Ozarks (18-4)(timmytfk)
Another big cross-divisional matchup in the University conference as the top ranked Millsaps visits division-leading Ozarks.  Millsaps needs this one to stay one game behind in the division race while Ozarks is just one game ahead two teams on their side of the standings.  A key game for both teams, the visitors are favored by just four points.  If I was a betting man, I think I'd take the points.  And I am a betting man and I did take the points.

Also considered: Johnson and Wales at #7 S. Vermont and #22 Greensboro at North Carolina Wesleyan

Sim blowout watch: La Grange is getting 65 points as they visit #2 Palm Beach Atlantic and Haverford is a 55 point home dog against #17 Dickinson.
11/4/2013 8:41 PM
Millsaps lost but they're still our #1 team.  The voters simply don't care about wins or losses, Millsaps just looks so damn good.

Last Night
#1 Millsaps 64   #10 Ozarks 76
The first half of this game was very close and back and forth with the home team going on a run to close the half with a 7 point lead.  Millsaps made repeated runs in the second half to close the gap but Ozarks always had an answer.  They got clutch basket after clutch basket and were able to hold off the top ranked team and secure a huge home victory.  With the win Ozarks and timmy stay one game ahead of their pursuers in the divisional race and move back up into the rankings top ten.  Millsaps and brian are now two games off the division leader but they can still go home and cuddle with the #1 ranking.

Also considered: Johnson and Wales were able to get the road upset win over #8 S. Vermont 76-67 while #22 Greensboro got past North Carolina Wesleyan 78-67.

Sim blowout watch: La Grange scored an upset by only losing to #3 Palm Beach Atlantic by 16 points, easily covering in the 61-77 loss.  Haverford was not so lucky but still covered vs #19 Dickinson 61-93.

GotN
#1 Millsaps (20-2)(brianxavier) at #4 Emory (21-2)(phalla)
I'm like the rankings voters, I just can't resist Millsaps!  This is the second meeting between these two top five teams this season with Emory scoring a clutch 6 point win in the first game.  Millsaps will be looking for revenge and to climb to within one game of Emory in the divisional race, a win for Emory would clinch the division title.  The odds-makers have it as an even pick, since I'm not typing this after the fact I'll hold off on making a prediction.  Should be a great one.

Also considered: #7 Piedmont at #3 Palm Beach Atlantic, #14 Louisiana at Southwestern, #15 Wooster at Wittenberg, #20 Dallas at Trinity, and #25 Merchant Marines at Stevens Tech

Sim blowout watch: One-win La Verne is a big 85 point home dog as they host #2 Colorado and fellow one-win team Nebraska Wesleyan is getting 61 points hosting #18 Simpson.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Manchester (17-4)(goldenboy00) at Defiance (14-7)(nm1brownsfan)
Big game in the Heartland conference as Manchester looks to complete a season sweep of Defiance and put themselves in position for a divisional title.  Manchester easily won the first game at home but Defiance will force a tie in the standings if they can successfully defend their home court.  It's the Spartans and the Yellow Jackets for standings supremacy and the odd-makers have it as an even pick.
11/4/2013 9:10 PM
No change in the top nine of the rankings but the last undefeated team fell last night.  It's ok though, everyone knows that four is the super cool number of losses to have this season.

Last Night
#1 Millsaps 63   #4 Emory 53
It was quite the battle in the first half of this one with the teams trading punches and Emory taking a slim 2 point lead into the break.  In the second half, Millsaps delivered a "this is why the voters love us" performance as they took the lead a couple minutes in and then never looked back.  They locked down the defense and outscored the home team 31-19 in the half to cruise to an impressive 10 point road win.  Millsaps and brianxavier stayed in the #1 spot with the win and now trail Emory by just one game in the divisional standings.  Emory and phalla will have to win their two remaining conference games to guarantee a division title.

Also considered: #7 Piedmont took down the final undefeated team in the country #3 Palm Beach Atlantic in a solid 77-66 road win, #13 Louisiana got two free throws with three seconds left to squeak by Southwestern 85-84, #12 Wooster looked downright sexy in a key 70-55 road victory at Wittenberg, Trinity edged Dallas 53-51, and #23 Merchant Marines cruised past Stevens Tech 78-63.

Sim blowout watch: Both margins were in the 30's so both teams covered: La Verne 52-89 to #2 Colorado and Nebraska Wesleyan 37-72 to #19 Simpson.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Manchester secured the season sweep of Defiance with a comfortable 79-66 road triumph.  Defiance tried to recover from an 18 point halftime deficit but the hole was too deep and the second half rally fell short.  Manchester and goldenboy are now two games clear in the divisional race with four games remaining.

GotN
#13 Louisiana (16-6)(discodave) at #11 Ozarks (20-4)(timmytfk)
We just can't get out of the University conference, so many good games over there.  Ozarks won the first meeting between these two earlier in the season by 2 points on the road which helped them to a one game lead for the west division title.  A home win here would clinch it.  Louisiana wants to avenge the loss at the buzzer and force at least a share of the division, they're favored by 1 point on the road.

Also considered: #10 Texas Lutheran at #25 Austin, #15 Willamette at Whitworth, Washington MD at #18 Dickinson, and Steven Tech at #20 Mount St. Mary

Sim blowout watch: Nazareth is a 58 point home dog as they welcome #16 Vassar to town.

ITaLRbHAGotN
New England (19-4)(Sim AI) at Wentworth Tech (16-6)(chewchad)
These two teams are tied for the west division lead in the Commonwealth Coast conference, each with two losses.  What's really at stake here is Wentworth Tech's current streak of 41 straight conference titles, none of these players involved were even close to being born the last time Wentworth didn't finish first in the standings.  Wentworth won the first meeting between these two easily despite the odd-makers calling it an even pick and now they have the gall to make visiting New England a 1 point favorite on the road.  Have they no respect for history!?!
11/5/2013 2:23 PM
Hard time getting past:  Wooster looked 'downright sexy'….
11/5/2013 7:01 PM
Look, we haven't swept the regular season series with Wittenberg in a while, I may have gotten a little emotional...
11/5/2013 9:29 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
D3, Season 69 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.