RUSH LIMBAUGH was right!! (oh boy) Topic

Now I see why I have been ignoring the pit lately. raucous, you are an irelevent piece of **** who's opinions are insane.

10/8/2013 11:17 AM
Posted by raucous on 10/8/2013 7:49:00 AM (view original):
We have no intention in paying our debts.

The Legislative body has been trying to open things up or haven't you noticed?  The House passes to open the Mall, the Senate rejects it.  The House passes to help cancer victims.  The Senate rejects it. 

I can't tell my Senators anything.  Massachusetts have the weakest two Senators in the country that will never do anything without their party's approval.
Hmm. You want to do individual budget bills for every line item?

10/8/2013 6:34 PM
Posted by raucous on 10/8/2013 7:57:00 AM (view original):
Obama succumb to the pressure and magically the Amber Alert is back on.  No Legislative Branch voting at all.  hmmmm.......
There is some flexibility in any operating budget. What the public won't see here are the conversations about how to fund something like this with those available funds, which will probably be able to keep things going for a couple weeks or so, depending on thr program and the funding source. But that ain't gonna magically last forever, and paying for this now probably means some group of federal employees is now tthat much closer to layoffs.

You didn't answer any of my earlier questionsm. Why not?
10/8/2013 6:37 PM
Food stamps?  We could save billions of dollars on food stamps by simply stopping the abuse of them.

Kids suffering?  The House passed a bill so kids and adults with cancer that have been blocked from treatments during the shutdown can get the help they need.  Obama and Reed are fine with letting them die.  So check who is making them suffer next time.

Many people out of work?  Democrats love this to keep the poor, poor.  See cash for clunkers and Obamacare as some good examples.  Obama's solution is to take as much money as he can out of economic system, by taxing people and businesses to death and jobs as NEVER been a priority for him.  If he cut taxes and cut the amount of time unemployment lasts, we would already be out of this situation and the government would be spending less to function!  Too bad he has no clue about economics.

and as I said before, he has no intention to ever pay back our debts.

10/8/2013 7:46 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by nanu on 10/8/2013 6:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by raucous on 10/8/2013 7:49:00 AM (view original):
We have no intention in paying our debts.

The Legislative body has been trying to open things up or haven't you noticed?  The House passes to open the Mall, the Senate rejects it.  The House passes to help cancer victims.  The Senate rejects it. 

I can't tell my Senators anything.  Massachusetts have the weakest two Senators in the country that will never do anything without their party's approval.
Hmm. You want to do individual budget bills for every line item?

HELL YEAH!
10/8/2013 8:55 PM
Posted by nanu on 10/8/2013 6:37:00 PM (view original):
Obama succumb to the pressure and magically the Amber Alert is back on.  No Legislative Branch voting at all.  hmmmm.......
There is some flexibility in any operating budget. What the public won't see here are the conversations about how to fund something like this with those available funds, which will probably be able to keep things going for a couple weeks or so, depending on thr program and the funding source. But that ain't gonna magically last forever, and paying for this now probably means some group of federal employees is now tthat much closer to layoffs.

We're not going to default. Another DemoNazi OBAMA LIE akin to the liar news conference today. 

We need 18 Billion a month to pay the interest. 

We take in over 250 Billion a month. 

Another fake emergency from the crummy liar leadership of what used to be the Democrat party. 

Now the leadership is just a bunch of punks and thugs and thieves who need to be slapped down hard and forever.
10/8/2013 9:05 PM
Posted by raucous on 10/8/2013 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Food stamps?  We could save billions of dollars on food stamps by simply stopping the abuse of them.

Kids suffering?  The House passed a bill so kids and adults with cancer that have been blocked from treatments during the shutdown can get the help they need.  Obama and Reed are fine with letting them die.  So check who is making them suffer next time.

Many people out of work?  Democrats love this to keep the poor, poor.  See cash for clunkers and Obamacare as some good examples.  Obama's solution is to take as much money as he can out of economic system, by taxing people and businesses to death and jobs as NEVER been a priority for him.  If he cut taxes and cut the amount of time unemployment lasts, we would already be out of this situation and the government would be spending less to function!  Too bad he has no clue about economics.

Hi rauc! Lets talk food stamps.

You're from ma.

2 billion annually in ma for food stamps. Looked at one way, its 2 billion dollars we could save the taxpayer. Looked at anothet way, its 5 million bucks a day in revenue for ma businesses. Looked at still another way, its food on the table for the poor, the weak and the infirm. I suppose you could only look at it the first way - but what about yhe other views? Are those good and valid in your eyes?

But abuse? Can you tell me some facts and figures on abuse?

I can tell you federal and state audits found less than one eighth of one per cent of fraud in those programs. Did that miniscule level of fraud still get wild headlines? Yep. For every 1, 000 bucks, looks like 1.20 went awry. Shiver me timbers.

10/9/2013 6:09 AM
Posted by DougOut on 10/8/2013 9:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nanu on 10/8/2013 6:37:00 PM (view original):

We're not going to default. Another DemoNazi OBAMA LIE akin to the liar news conference today. 

We need 18 Billion a month to pay the interest. 

We take in over 250 Billion a month. 

Another fake emergency from the crummy liar leadership of what used to be the Democrat party. 

Now the leadership is just a bunch of punks and thugs and thieves who need to be slapped down hard and forever.
Hi doug! Are you a financial professional? Just curious the expertise you bring to thr tablr in analyzing this policy issue with such confidence.
10/9/2013 6:10 AM
Posted by nanu on 10/9/2013 6:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by raucous on 10/8/2013 7:46:00 PM (view original):

Hi rauc! Lets talk food stamps.

You're from ma.

2 billion annually in ma for food stamps. Looked at one way, its 2 billion dollars we could save the taxpayer. Looked at anothet way, its 5 million bucks a day in revenue for ma businesses. Looked at still another way, its food on the table for the poor, the weak and the infirm. I suppose you could only look at it the first way - but what about yhe other views? Are those good and valid in your eyes?

But abuse? Can you tell me some facts and figures on abuse?

I can tell you federal and state audits found less than one eighth of one per cent of fraud in those programs. Did that miniscule level of fraud still get wild headlines? Yep. For every 1, 000 bucks, looks like 1.20 went awry. Shiver me timbers.

I will add some articles that just scratch the surface of abuse in just MA. 

Where does the $2,000,000,000 come from so that the businesses can have $5,000,000/day?  Unicorns and rainbows with pots of gold is not where they come from.  They come from the same businesses that it goes into.  So it does not help the businesses.

MA State audits have proven it is much much much larger than .125%. 

A lot of the wife's relatives work the system to get food stamps that they don't need.  It is full of fraud.

10/9/2013 7:57 AM

Mass. Audit: Welfare Benefits Paid To 1,164 Dead People

By Bob Salsberg May 28, 2013 Updated May 28, 4:00 pm

BOSTON — The state’s welfare agency made millions of dollars in questionable payments to people who were dead or otherwise ineligible for benefits, and missed numerous opportunities to detect potential fraud, according to an audit (PDF) made public Tuesday.

The report has already contributed to attempts at reform within the Department of Transitional Assistance, state Auditor Suzanne Bump said. In March, the agency unveiled a plan for ending abuse and assuring that benefits are legitimately going to those eligible to receive them.

The 2.5-year audit found a total 1,164 people who continued to receive welfare benefits for periods of six months to up to 27 months after they died, totaling nearly $2.4 million in payments.

In most cases, electronic benefits transfer (EBT) cards belonging to dead persons were being used by unauthorized individuals to make store purchases or withdraw cash from an ATM, according to the report.

In some cases, the auditors found, benefits were paid to guardians who claimed dead people as dependents.

“This audit demonstrates that DTA can do more to ensure that only eligible people are receiving benefits and that those benefits are not being abused,” Bump said in a statement.

The audit also faulted the agency for failing to verify self-reported Social Security numbers, resulting in more than $1 million in benefits paid to people who had two separate Social Security numbers, had numbers that were being used by more than one individual or had a temporary number that was invalid.

Five regional DTA offices could not provide documentation for what happened to 30,000 blank EBT cards, the auditors said, raising questions about security and whether employees may have inappropriately used the cards, which work much like debit cards to allow welfare benefits to make purchases. The audit did not identify any specific criminal activity.

Bump also said the agency missed opportunities to ferret out fraud and abuse using reporting generated internally by the very technology it uses to administer benefits.

These unused reports pointed to more than $15 million in suspicious EBT activity that should have been flagged and investigated, the auditor said. For example, the department failed to follow up on people who made excessive requests for replacement EBT cards, a likely indication of illegal trafficking of the cards. One individual had been issued as many as 127 replacement cards since 2006.

Other examples of fraudulent patterns that could have been detected included $1.5 million in even-dollar food purchases in amounts such as $100 or $250 — unusual because purchases of food rarely end in even-dollar amounts.

Many of the auditor’s findings were shared in advance with welfare officials and mirror some of the findings in an earlier report by the state’s inspector general.

“The audit report’s recommendations align with DTA’s recently released 100-Day Action Plan (PDF), which takes proactive steps to prevent fraud and abuse, block EBT card usage at prohibited establishments and increase monitoring of card usage,” said Stacey Monahan, interim commissioner of the welfare agency.

Monahan also pointed to a recently announced program that allows for the sharing of data with local police departments about possible misuse of EBT cards by recipients and retailers.

Already over .125% already if the $2B number is correct.

10/9/2013 8:09 AM (edited)

EBT Card Scam Shut Down In Lynn

December 13, 2011 7:39 PM

LYNN (CBS) – A year of police work paid off Tuesday in Lynn when officers shut down a long running scam.

Police moved in and shut down stores that they say were paying cash for food assistance cards and then turning them in to the state for money.

Police raided four Lynn mini marts that are suspected of fraud involving EBT, or Electronic Benefit Transfer cards. Steven Giles, a customer at the stores, says the scam is well known.

“It was pretty straight-forward,” says Giles. “You need cash, come down here and trade your food stamps for cash.”

During a yearlong investigation, undercover police say they discovered a scheme where stores not only bought EBT cards at half price, but also hooked up card sellers with crack cocaine dealers.

According to prosecutors, some of the stores did over half a million dollars in EBT fraud during the last 18 months alone.

10/9/2013 8:01 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
RUSH LIMBAUGH was right!! (oh boy) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.