RUSH LIMBAUGH was right!! (oh boy) Topic

AMERIKA WON ,THE TEAHADISTS SHOULD BE SHOT

10/17/2013 9:35 AM

U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion — tops $17 trillion for first time

U.S. debt jumped a record $328 billion on Thursday, the first day the federal government was able to borrow money under the deal President Obama and Congress sealed this week.

The debt now equals $17.075 trillion, according to figures the Treasury Department posted online on Friday.

The $328 billion increase shattered the previous high of $238 billion set two years ago.

The giant jump comes because the government was replenishing its stock of “extraordinary measures” — the federal funds it borrowed from over the last five months as it tried to avoid bumping into the debt ceiling.

Under the law, that replenishing happens as soon as there is new debt space.

n this case, the Treasury Department borrowed $400 billion from other funds beginning in May, awaiting a final deal from Congress and Mr. Obama.

Usually Congress sets a borrowing limit, or debt ceiling, that caps the total amount the government can be in the red.

But under the terms of this week’s deal, Congress set a deadline instead of a dollar cap. That means debt will rise by as much as the government spends between now and the Feb. 7 deadline.

Judging by the rate of increase over the last five months, that could end up meaning Congress just granted Mr. Obama a debt increase of $700 billion or more.

Republicans initially sought to attach strings to the debt increase, but surrendered this week, instead settling on a bill that reopened the government and included some special earmark projects, but didn’t include any spending cuts.

Democrats insisted that the debt increase be “clean,” meaning without any strings attached. They say the debt increase only allows Mr. Obama to pay for the bills he and Congress already racked up, and that it doesn’t encourage new spending.

10/18/2013 5:32 PM

TEABAGGER TERRORIST

10/18/2013 6:08 PM
You understand, rauc, that we have to pay more for borrowing for a few reasons:

1. Congressmen feeling free to say we wont pay bills
2. Congressmen feeling free to sign pledges not to raise taxes
3. Congressmen willing to shut down govt

Those are grrrreat for instilling confidence in lenders
10/19/2013 2:18 PM
What happened to the Senate?

There's only one house?

I thought there was two.

I thought the House voted in by the people was there to counter the Senate.

I thought the House was there to propose spending bills.

You understand, nanu, that we have a constitution. An agreement made hundreds of years ago. In perpetuity. 

You are in violation of a free people. You seek to enslave. You need to stop crawling up every bodies ***.

Stay out of my bedroom and stay out of my house.  Leave my doctor alone.

Leave us alone. Stop being Nazis. Leave us be.
10/19/2013 4:58 PM
Wow. I'm sorry. Did you just tell me I can't exercise my constitutional right to free speech? Wait, yes, that WAS in there...but when did I crawl up anyone's ***?

The House is surely there to do those things. In recent cases, the House has proposed spending bills, then later, decided they weren't quite sure they wanted to pay them.

That's irritating. I prefer for my government to make jobs, not remove them. I prefer for my government to honor its obligations, not ignore them. I prefer for my government to function, because I pay taxes and like to see my money used wisely.

When my money is used poorly, am I allowed to voice my displeasure?

Doug...can you do me a favor and refer me to the place in the constitution where I have "violated a free people"?

xoxo
10/19/2013 10:56 PM
Posted by raucous on 10/17/2013 8:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rsp777 on 10/16/2013 11:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by raucous on 10/16/2013 10:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 10/16/2013 9:38:00 PM (view original):
rocoo uses the word liberal liberally
I am a liberal Catholic.
LIAR!!! That breed is EXTINCT.......or more likely that it never existed in the first place.
A liberal Catholic is not necessarily a liberal in politics.  Liberal Catholics (which are most American Catholics), believe in liberalizing the Vatican.  Kind of what Francis is doing right now.  Unfortunately, he needs to be a bit slower, lest he gets assassinated by some conservative (Catholic conservative) in the Vatican.  See Pope John Paul I if you don't think it could happen.
Rauc...I am suprised you're a Catholic. It makes sense, living in MA, but a Catholic typically wants a moral government that will look out for the poor. So why all your venom toward the EBT cards?
10/19/2013 10:58 PM
Who did greater harm to America....the 9/11 terrorists or the Tea Party terrorist members of Congress who continue to work towards a gov't small enough to be "drowned in a bathtub."?

My vote is for the Tea Party terrorists.

10/20/2013 9:47 AM
<<Stay out of my bedroom and stay out of my house.  Leave my doctor alone.>>

By all means,  but let me be sure to legislate what your doctor can say to you and what procedures you can mutually agree upon if it offends my beliefs.  More hypocrisy from the right....small gov't. freedom. blah blah...until you disagree how someone else wants to use their freedom. You guys slay me.
10/20/2013 9:51 AM
Its pretty close, but if you really think about it the 9/11 terrorists edge the tea party terrorists out, but it is a squeaker.  9/11 is responsible for many many liberties taken away due to the creation of the DHS
10/20/2013 10:01 AM
If I can go all cresten here, when you say 9/11 terrorists does that include the Bush Administration?
10/20/2013 1:41 PM
Fifty years from now, which of the following will have done the most damage to America?
Votes: 10
(Last vote received: 10/25/2013 6:13 PM)
10/20/2013 5:18 PM
FIVE YEARS FROM NOW WHICH ******* DIRTBAGS NAZI COMMUNIST FUCKTARDS HAVE TAKEN  AWAY FREEDOM AND SENT YOU INTO RAPE, MURDER, STARVATION, IGNORANCE, THIRD WORLD, DISEASE HOLE HELL?
Votes: 5
(Last vote received: 10/25/2013 6:13 PM)
10/21/2013 5:00 PM
get back on the meds Doug.
10/21/2013 7:16 PM

BUY MY **** NOW YOU LITTLE ****!
10/21/2013 7:17 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
RUSH LIMBAUGH was right!! (oh boy) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.