Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Open Thread Topic

IMO, 3.0 is much improved and moving in the right direction.  But there are far too many issues that need to be ironed out before it's ready to be rolled out.
10/9/2013 7:45 PM
I think we're wasting our energy here. The decision has been made and won't be reversed. I think the beta lasted much longer than WIS expected, due to the obvious mess it was a few months ago. They want to launch it while the CFB season is in full gear to generate interest, which I don't blame them.

Also, Oriole seems very confident that he'll have it in a good spot, and admittedly, it is playing much better. I expect there'll be some bugs, which is fine, as long as they are minor and are corrected quickly. I advise patience and give Oriole the benefit of the doubt here. I was a pretty harsh critic of his and was disappointed by the lack of progress and lack of communication a few months ago. But, recently, I've been impressed that he has stepped up in this area and has had great attitude despite some pretty harsh critics

Let's trust the guy to deliver the goods.

10/9/2013 10:38 PM
You will be able to set up game plans in the recruiting period. 

Caesari (did I spell it right that time :) ) 
As far as I've been told, I'll be on this project for the foreseeable future. I think the plans right now are for two or three months after the release I'll be working on fixing bugs and getting it working right. After that, I'll be on it half time to complete any other things that come up. GD is my priority, and will be. 

andyjoemich - great idea on freezing statuses. I'll have to see the validity of this before I promise anything, but I agree that it would be a good step. 

Ok, back to work again. 
10/10/2013 11:47 AM
Posted by chetty1963 on 10/9/2013 10:38:00 PM (view original):
I think we're wasting our energy here. The decision has been made and won't be reversed. I think the beta lasted much longer than WIS expected, due to the obvious mess it was a few months ago. They want to launch it while the CFB season is in full gear to generate interest, which I don't blame them.

Also, Oriole seems very confident that he'll have it in a good spot, and admittedly, it is playing much better. I expect there'll be some bugs, which is fine, as long as they are minor and are corrected quickly. I advise patience and give Oriole the benefit of the doubt here. I was a pretty harsh critic of his and was disappointed by the lack of progress and lack of communication a few months ago. But, recently, I've been impressed that he has stepped up in this area and has had great attitude despite some pretty harsh critics

Also, Conte Norbert Oriole seems very confident that he'll have it in a good spot, and admittedly, it is playing much better. I expect there'll be some bugs, which is fine, as long as they are minor and are corrected quickly. I advise patience and give Conte Norbert Oriole the benefit of the doubt here. I was a pretty harsh critic of his and was disappointed by the lack of progress and lack of communication a few months ago. But, recently, I've been impressed that he has stepped up in this area and has had great attitude despite some pretty harsh critics 

10/10/2013 11:51 AM
Hahaha you got it that time! That's news I'll take with cautious hopefulness. Seems there is still a lot to work on.
10/10/2013 7:05 PM
Potter, I was thinking the same thing.  I started after 2.0 came out and just caught the end of jconte...but I was all in favor of Norbert.....then he got pulled into other things....but this is almost word for word what Norbert said before.  I'm not knocking Oriole, but it is a similar story.
10/10/2013 8:13 PM
I see how it is... as soon as I win my first National Title, they have to go and release 3.0
10/10/2013 9:29 PM
One thing that kinda disappoints me is that we were told we would have a couple seasons notice for the changeover to start recruiting differently. Trust me, with more control now I will absolutely be recruiting differently. 
10/11/2013 12:23 AM
Posted by noah23 on 10/11/2013 12:23:00 AM (view original):
One thing that kinda disappoints me is that we were told we would have a couple seasons notice for the changeover to start recruiting differently. Trust me, with more control now I will absolutely be recruiting differently. 
+1
10/11/2013 8:43 AM
bulldogg, the same thing happened to me when they rolled out version 2.0, but then I got crazy lucky and won the next season too. Hopefully the same happens for you. (Only because you aren't in DIAA with your team in Camp). And maybe you will have your second NC tonight anyways. Good luck.
10/11/2013 10:13 AM
please don't put this out without compensating current paying players for a known bugged product.
10/11/2013 4:37 PM
As long as he has the starter thing figured out, it shouldn't really be buggy. It is out of balance as of right now tho. 
10/11/2013 9:25 PM
I have been playing the BETA since it was released and at times it has just plain sucked.  But even with that I have stuck it out and Oriole has got this thing moving in the right direction.  Even with the bugs in 3.0 I still prefer it to 2.0

I stopped game planning in 2.0 months ago, and I can't bring myself to care about it anymore.  The game planning and control of 3.0 is a vast improvement in my mind.  Oriole was handed a total pile of crap and he has got it almost to where I had always hoped it would be.

It's not perfect, but the game we are all paying for right now is total crap.
10/11/2013 9:54 PM
Oriole, I haven't played Beta since season two but my question is about recruiting.
Will the recruits still default to undecided instead once signing starts and they haven't been offered a scholarship?
I know that was something that a lot of coaches really liked about recruiting in Beta. 
10/11/2013 10:40 PM
I never noticed recruits reverting to undecided until simmy signed people. 
10/11/2013 11:55 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Open Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.