Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Open Thread Topic

It's starting to grow on me as well, either that, or Oriole's optimism is contagious:)
10/9/2013 9:08 AM
I stopped playing the beta when I found out that the test games were against actual opponents game plans. Has that changed, or do you still have to wait until the last minute to set your game plan so your opponent can't see it?
10/9/2013 9:40 AM
The test game is still against opponents and their game plans. It will not exist in the real version, that was out there as a way to help us test more games and get more eyes on those games.

With this release it will be a slow release. In reality, not much happens on the 16th that you will notice. We'll start rolling out our structures to do the rollover.  Bryant and Yost will be the first worlds to rollover, their new seasons will begin on the 23rd.  Each of the remaining worlds will rollover as they start their next new season. Official games do not begin till the 7 day recruiting period is over. 

I know that change is worrisome to some people, but I'm working hard to make it as painless as possible. I only ask you to give it a chance for a season, if you still don't like the new changes then I'll understand, I'll be hurt, but I'll understand :) 

10/9/2013 10:43 AM
                 You will Always have problems with major updates. They come from a twist on an old cliche: You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time. But never all of the people all of the time. (There are always going to be those that  like it, those that hate it and those that can just accept it. No matter what you do.)
10/9/2013 10:58 AM
Why not give us Beta testers some game credits so some of us can try out 3.0 at progress levels we have attained by previous game play?  I played under 1.0, retired under 2.0 (hated it!) and have really started to enjoy 3.0 of late.  Progressing in the right direction.  Now if I could only see how it works mong the elite level of GD, I might consider a return and spending my hard earned money on the product!  
10/9/2013 12:21 PM

How about freezing the Job Statuses at D1A for at least the first season of the new engine?

10/9/2013 2:10 PM
It seems like every time I get the game sort of half way figured out, they update lol.
10/9/2013 2:16 PM
WVUfan, I'm certain that is what he meant when he said in the past giving "credit" where "credit was due" 
10/9/2013 2:42 PM

I don't like that this is going to be released with known issues and promise to fix them. How does that sound like a good idea to anyone?

"Dear paying customer, we are going to release this flawed product to you. Replacing the flawed product you already have. Hopefully we will have the bugs fixed soon, but no estimated time can be given on that." 

I am so excited!!! NOT.

10/9/2013 4:02 PM
Posted by oriole_fan on 10/9/2013 10:43:00 AM (view original):
The test game is still against opponents and their game plans. It will not exist in the real version, that was out there as a way to help us test more games and get more eyes on those games.

With this release it will be a slow release. In reality, not much happens on the 16th that you will notice. We'll start rolling out our structures to do the rollover.  Bryant and Yost will be the first worlds to rollover, their new seasons will begin on the 23rd.  Each of the remaining worlds will rollover as they start their next new season. Official games do not begin till the 7 day recruiting period is over. 

I know that change is worrisome to some people, but I'm working hard to make it as painless as possible. I only ask you to give it a chance for a season, if you still don't like the new changes then I'll understand, I'll be hurt, but I'll understand :) 

This is going to sound like a stupid question but during the 7 day recruiting period, will we be able to set up our game plans or will we have to wait till the RCs report to the teams?

I did not do beta and will need time to figure things out.

10/9/2013 4:20 PM
Posted by coachhaskins on 10/9/2013 4:02:00 PM (view original):

I don't like that this is going to be released with known issues and promise to fix them. How does that sound like a good idea to anyone?

"Dear paying customer, we are going to release this flawed product to you. Replacing the flawed product you already have. Hopefully we will have the bugs fixed soon, but no estimated time can be given on that." 

I am so excited!!! NOT.

I have heard from other coaches that there is still things that need to be worked out.
WIS: I strongly urge you to wait, fix things properly, and THEN send out 3.0. If you mess it up again, I am sure many more coaches will leave for good again.
10/9/2013 5:04 PM
OMFG and HFS and a lot of things I can't write in the forums.  What is the hurry here?  Does someone need to roll out a new product by a certain date to make quota, or earn a bonus?  Beta is even more inscrutable, random and frustrating than 2.0.  And I've been struggling through it for seven seasons. Have enough credits saved up to see how 3.0 is received by the larger community for two seasons. If it looks like I am a minority coach who just doesn't get it, so be it. But I'm betting I'm not. And if that's the case, and the howls of protest are widespread, those credits will not be refreshed. 
10/9/2013 6:23 PM
Definitely going to leave if it doesn't go well here. Of course I am cheering for it, but this is the last chance GD gets.
10/9/2013 6:45 PM
Oriole, will you be continuing to work on GD or are you being pulled off by Fox? Can we expect updates and bug fixes after Oct. 16 or are we facing another few years of silence?
10/9/2013 6:48 PM
Posted by colinhtucker on 10/9/2013 6:23:00 PM (view original):
OMFG and HFS and a lot of things I can't write in the forums.  What is the hurry here?  Does someone need to roll out a new product by a certain date to make quota, or earn a bonus?  Beta is even more inscrutable, random and frustrating than 2.0.  And I've been struggling through it for seven seasons. Have enough credits saved up to see how 3.0 is received by the larger community for two seasons. If it looks like I am a minority coach who just doesn't get it, so be it. But I'm betting I'm not. And if that's the case, and the howls of protest are widespread, those credits will not be refreshed. 
I disagree that it is more random then 2.0 up and down. Its not even close. My bridgewater team got beat by SimAI in the first game of the season that was significantly worse then my team. It just doesn't happen in 3.0 if you gameplan effectively. 
10/9/2013 7:37 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Open Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.