Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Open Thread Topic

Posted by noah23 on 10/11/2013 11:55:00 PM (view original):
I never noticed recruits reverting to undecided until simmy signed people. 
Maybe I remember it wrong then. Like I said, I haven't played Beta since season 2. 
I could have sworn discussing it with other coaches in Argento though.
10/12/2013 12:28 AM
Here is an idea, on the job open page can you change it to wins and cc's for the qualifications instead of rep and loyalty? Also instead of 5 seasons that is expected to turn a program around can we make it so that it varies by school? A team that has been a sim for a few seasons will be easier than a school that has been a sim for many seasons will take 5 seasons just to get respectable
10/12/2013 4:30 PM
We are getting awfully close to renewal in my paying world, and tomorrow is the supposed launch, right? I don't want to lose my team....but
10/15/2013 12:05 AM
Ibryant and host r the first 2 worlds that will switch over
10/15/2013 8:07 AM
Are some of the switches including the break down of certain positions such as RB to RB and FB, LB to ILB and OLB, and DB to CB and S?  That is the one bug I see in this game and the lack of recruits is being killed by this.
10/21/2013 12:16 AM
Are you going to show any samples of the play books etc before the 3.0 release?
10/21/2013 10:43 PM
One 3.0 question I don't think I have seen addressed... is player development changing at all? (rate of improvement, the impact of WE, potential, etc. on development)
10/22/2013 11:40 PM
The only thing I see with that is formation IQ is more of a factor
10/22/2013 11:52 PM
Posted by oriole_fan on 10/8/2013 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Official announcement here 

We're proud to announce the release of Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 on October 16th. The new version of our college football simulation game is a major re-write and is full of significant improvements and additions.

This will be the open thread for any questions or concerns that you may have with the release of the upcoming game.

Here are a couple of questions that I have anticipated:

I’ve been testing the beta, and there still seems to be some issues with some of the engine, will those be fixed?

The beta testers have been a huge help in the deconstruction and reconstruction of the new engine, and they have seen it at a pretty rough state. Currently the beta engine is stable with some bugs that need to be fixed.  All of the known bugs will be fixed before the game is released and any new bugs that arise will be dealt with in a timely manner.  Also, the exact attribute distribution and current decision process is going through some thorough unit testing over the next couple of weeks to determine the most realistic feel for the game. The tweaks will be minor, but will account for some improved numbers.

Will my team’s coaching settings be carried over?

The coaching section has been overhauled; so much of the system is new. We have set up a way to import playbooks from a 2.0 game plans and practice plans will be the same.  In game plans, you’ll be given a new slate to choose from any default playbooks or any that you imported. The formations section will have defaults as well, but you’ll be given the option to fine tune these how you see fit.

Will there still be randomness in the game engine?                 

You have to have some randomness to allow for the excitement of never knowing what happens. What we have done in the latest version is mitigated the true randomness of the plays and replaced it with a better probabilistic determination of what happens. What this means is that if you have a really good team, you are going to beat an inferior team the majority of the time.

Please feel free to ask any questions, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. 

So, all of the known bugs will be fixed before the game is released and any new bugs that arise will be dealt with in a timely manner?

Has this been true? Some teams are now through almost 3 seasons and we are still testing and the bugs are still not fixed.

WIS you should be ashamed of this product and you as well oriole_fan. On this you clearly deceived your customer base.

1/14/2014 6:18 AM
Posted by da_goat on 10/8/2013 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Well I certainly hope this new engine is quite a bit better than the current one.....another step back and this will be complete garbage. From the little bit I have read on the beta forums, it seems as if there is still a ways to go before bugs and other issues are completely taken care of. Why would you set a date when things are still not working properly and there are still issues to be fixed? I would like to see them take another week or even a month and have the finished product be thoroughly tested by the users here.
Don't get in a hurry....make sure it is 100% finished and ready. We have waited this long....what is another few weeks?
No better words were ever spoken on this forum. We have another step back and we have complete garbage.

I have one more season on this account and I will be done. The golden cow is dieing WIS.

1/14/2014 6:21 AM
Oh before I'm done here the overpowering of simai is clearly a problem and getting worse all the time.

It is very clear that this is a ship without a rudder and without a captain and crew. Disgusting.

1/14/2014 6:25 AM
◂ Prev 1234
Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Open Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.