Posted by dmurphy104 on 10/16/2013 9:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/15/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dmurphy104 on 10/15/2013 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Do you mean $60k every 3 months? $100*$600=$60K.

So, if those #s are close to accurate, they are making $240K annually on HBD without much direct expense.
Yeah.   A quarter mil is a drop in the bucket for FOX but, if you can make a quarter mil by doing pretty much nothing, that's pretty nice.
All of WIS is a drop in the bucket to Fox. But, it's probably a nice little profit center. Minimum expenses, steady stream of profit. Still dont know why TK sold..I doubt if the Fox purchase added all that many paying customers.
Perhaps they paid him enough to retire.   Or at least not have to worry about running a business for a substantial amount of time.  IIRC, he was in his 30s.    Having enough to live comfortably for another 40 years is a pretty big carrot.
10/16/2013 10:25 AM
I know TK. He's far from retired..Although I suppose he probably could be. He's doing speaking, and working for a company making high-tech basketballs. Remember he didn't sell it and leave. He got booted a couple of years after.
10/16/2013 10:37 AM

Yeah, I assume he was given a big title and a nice salary as a way to promote stability.   But I'm sure he knew he'd be given his walking papers in the not too distant future.    And, yes, I believe everyone needs something to do regardless of their financial situation.  I planned to retire at 55, economic downturn put a crimp in that plan, but had no idea what I'd do all day for the next 15-20 years.    Looking at the next 40 would have been unimaginable.

10/16/2013 10:43 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/15/2013 3:08:00 PM (view original):
But schumacher said everyone was leaving.   Do you mean they're not?
Obviously not everyone is leaving.  Compared to five years ago I am pretty sure participation has dropped quite a bit overall.  Not real sure about the other "dynasty" sports and how they are doing.  College bball was a blast for awhile....and then they turned into ghost towns.
10/16/2013 11:16 AM

This was kind of specific to HBD.   Worlds aren't folding. 

10/16/2013 12:10 PM
Okay everyone, sorry I've been MIA severe medical issue over the past week and a half. Anyways What it is looking like is two worlds will be created. We've got 56 for sures, what that involves than is recruting 8 more owners to split between new worlds. First we need to decide on are the two worlds. What I'm going to do, and commishes please make sure your players are checking this; I'm going to set to the end of Friday to come up with two worlds, their names, and commisioners, I would like to stay a commisioner but it will not be the end of the world. After we have the two worlds, we will than decide who is in the new worlds, what their team, league, ect.... are. I'll give that a week. After which we will split into two new threads one for each new world. It will than be up to the comissioner of said world to finish filling it.
10/16/2013 12:32 PM
Sounds like a plan.
10/16/2013 2:35 PM
kcatlantis, I hope everything is ok.  I would also suggest that we ask wis to set our worlds back to private so we don't have ppl joining at the last minute and ruin something.  As far as commish, I just volunteered in our world to help out, so if anyone else wants to step up, be my guest.  kc, what do you need me to do right now?
10/16/2013 8:33 PM
If you want it to happen, make it easy on WifS.    Send them a list of where each team should be placed.   Honestly, with JB having only 13 owners, I'd just transfer their teams into Regulars and Cowbell.   Assuming, of course, the cities match up with the openings.    WifS will not put a NY team in the West. 

I'd also give them a plan of how you intend to fill the final 8 openings.   Without that, you're really just ******* in the wind.
10/17/2013 8:41 AM
Right. They aren't going to approve a merger that still leaves 8-10 openings.

Sad to say, but at this point Joey Belle plus Regulars = 32 teams. DONE. There are still a few logistical issues to hammer out like Mike was alluding to, but otherwise they are a perfect fit.

kcatlantis - I know Parks has discussed merger - commissioner is wildpike.
Here I Go Again would probably do it, although their commissioner has abandoned them. I think jetsons is going to take the helm.
Those are the two worlds and commissioners you should contact and get working with.

There is also SanderBear's Ron Cey, and Puckett with 10+ openings.  

I mean there are a lot of options for you, but I'm afraid now Regulars and Joey Belle is a 2 world match without any openings and thus a much simpler proposal to WIS.
10/17/2013 9:01 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 10/15/2013 3:24:00 PM (view original):
"....'cause when the goin' gets tough...
the tough get goin'!
Who's with me?! Huh?! Let's go!!!!..."
What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!... It ain't over now..
10/17/2013 4:13 PM
The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.
10/17/2013 8:46 PM

Didn't think it was possible that someone hadn't seen Animal House.   But there's the proof.

10/17/2013 8:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/17/2013 8:50:00 PM (view original):

Didn't think it was possible that someone hadn't seen Animal House.   But there's the proof.

Your line is, "Forget it, he's rolling."  Or are you the one who didn't see Animal House?
10/17/2013 9:09 PM
I'm in Belle - if it helps any, I'm not stuck on what city I'm in so if there are logistical issues with placement, I can move cities to wherever I fit. I would prefer  to stay in the AL and that's all that matters.
10/17/2013 9:32 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.