Rule V Leg #42 Draft Thread Topic

Sorry for the delay guys. Been stuck in internet dead zone. As much as I'd love to hit a division rival, the more pressing need is for an everday shortstop

Jimmy Rollins Phi Phillies
10/22/2013 7:00 PM
And now that Arizona has come out completely unscathed I'm curious how many times that has happened. I feel like it's not terribly uncommon for when they're used but I can see a random Steve Finley or Matt Williams draft pick mixed in somewhere.
10/22/2013 7:32 PM
This is the 8th leg in which Arizona has been used.  One Diamondback player has been drafted (Aaron Hill in Round 3 of Leg 40).

So, 7 out of 8 times Arizona has been unscathed.
10/22/2013 7:50 PM
Interesting, Hill is on the short list of guys that I think are worth protecting at all and that list was even shorter before Goldschmidt came into play, wouldn't have thought he'd be one of the guys taken.
10/22/2013 9:03 PM
I took Hill when I had Pittsburgh a couple of legs ago.  He was mediocre at best offensively, though his defense made it not a completely wasted pick. 
10/22/2013 9:52 PM
League number has been sitemailed.
10/22/2013 10:01 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 10/22/2013 9:03:00 PM (view original):
Interesting, Hill is on the short list of guys that I think are worth protecting at all and that list was even shorter before Goldschmidt came into play, wouldn't have thought he'd be one of the guys taken.
As it happens, Hill has also been protected, for any round, only once -- you are the first of 8 Diamondback owners to protect him.

Matt Williams has been protected 7 times, 5 times before Round 1.
Those numbers, respectively, for the 3 next most commonly protected D'backs, none of whom you protected in this league:
Steve Finley: 4, 2
Dan Haren: 4, 2
Brandon Webb: 3, 2

Not surprisingly Johnson, Schilling, and Gonzalez have always been protected before Round 1.  Goldschmidt probably joins this group from now on.

10/23/2013 4:00 PM
With Hill, I believe his 2012 season is the one that put him on the map, keeper wise.  I would guess that at least a few of those instances happened before that season was available. 
10/23/2013 4:05 PM
Yes, of course you're right!  I forgot to think about that aspect.
10/23/2013 5:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18
Rule V Leg #42 Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.