Playoffs, a season early Topic

Oregon looks helpless against Stanford. Maybe they muster up some fight at some point moving forward, but for me... there's no way I put both Stanford who lost to Utah & Oregon who can look this helpless against a physical team in a 4 team playoff. These two teams are playing for one spot.
11/7/2013 11:02 PM
Yeah, Stanford.   That's what I've been saying.   They can take the ball and stuff it in your face thus keeping your speedy offense off the field.   Oregon is the only "offense only" team worthy of being in the final 4.

Bama vs Oregon
Stanford vs FSU

OSU, Auburn and Baylor are looking for a way in.
11/8/2013 8:11 AM
Baylor wasn't exposed but they looked rough in the first half.    The good news for them is their defense looked good enough.    They could squeak back in by running the table and one of the top 4 playing poorly.  
11/8/2013 8:32 AM
Posted by moranis on 11/7/2013 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/7/2013 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Honestly, there are 4-5 teams, IMO, that can pass an undefeated OSU by playing well.    Won/loss record isn't the only barometer in my book.
that's because you are an idiot.
What's wrong with you? This shouldn't be determined by performance of the teams on the field, it should be determined by the idle speculation of nitwits.
11/8/2013 2:33 PM
'Bama vs. Oregon? We just saw Oregon in that kind of a game & they had nothing against it. Oregon is a waste to put in against both 'Bama & Stanford, they can't do it. You might as well just put Northern Illinois in there. Northern Illinois can get their faces beat in too.
11/8/2013 2:44 PM
So now we're deciding that Team X can't beat Team Y so why bother?

Do you really not think Oregon is one of the 4 best teams in the nation based on one single game?

Well, actually, of course you do.    Stanford sucks because they lost to Utah.   Oregon sucks because they lost to Stanford.   In fact, all but 5 teams apparently suck because they have lost to someone.     FSU, Bama, OSU and Northern Illinois/Fresno State?
11/8/2013 4:08 PM
I didn't say that every team who has lost sucks. I'm saying that Oregon was over on the sideline crying because they knew they were overmatched by a physical team. If you didn't see a team that was CLEARLY overmatched, then you weren't watching the Stanford/Oregon game. It was as clear as Notre Dame being overmatched by Alabama in the National Championship game last year. The final score may not show that, but that was the case.

But, I'm sure you still think Oregon could beat both Stanford AND 'Bama despite that game, right? According to you Ohio State would lose to Stanford, so Stanford is better & gets in.. well, Stanford is better than Oregon & have ACTUALLY dismantled them. Stanford in, Oregon out. Next team up. Oregon completely failed against Stanford already, Ohio State hasn't.
11/8/2013 10:28 PM
It's a contrast of styles.   Had Oregon gotten a couple of big plays early, and jumped out to a 14-0 lead, the game plays differently.    Stanford wouldn't have been able to say "**** you.  We're going to punch you in the throat and run the ball all game."

I'll ask again, did you think Oregon was one of the best teams in the nation before Thursday night?    Are they suddenly not because of one off game?
11/9/2013 7:58 AM
Oregon had played and beaten only two teams with a winning record before Stanford.  Those two teams are UCLA (fairly good team) and Washington (mediocre team).  So the verdict was very much out on them.  They failed in their first (and only) real test.  I'd say the destruction (which is what it was) by Stanford said an awful lot about Oregon.  They belong no where near a 4 team playoff at this point (they may work their way back in, but aren't there yet).
11/9/2013 12:04 PM
moranis is right & to further answer your question, MikeT23:

Sure, before Thursday night there was no reason to not believe that Oregon were really good. The problem is that Oregon were trying to hit those big plays & couldn't! What you're basically saying is "If Oregon got lucky a couple times early on rather than outplayed nearly the entire game, Oregon could've won... so, they're still awesome! Getting your *** beat is cool!" ...

You're still trying so hard to defend EXACTLY what you're so against about Ohio State. You think Ohio State gets their *** kicked by Stanford & use that as a reason to leave them out of a 4 team playoff... then you turn right around when Oregon DOES get their *** handed to them by Stanford & say: "Well, it could've been different"... Make up your mind! Is getting your *** kicked by Stanford bad OR does it not mean much because "the other team could get lucky"?

Oregon is not still wonderful because they could've gotten lucky, no. Ohio State COULD beat 'Bama if they get lucky... does that make them a Top 4 team?
11/9/2013 2:06 PM
1) Alabama
2) Florida St
3) Baylor
4) Oregon

5) Ohio St
6) Auburn
7) Stanford
8) Oklahoma St
11/9/2013 11:41 PM
i saw nothing yesterday that would change my top 4 or top 7.

Texas Tech did Baylor no favors by losing.   A win over TT will hardly move the needle. 
11/10/2013 12:13 PM

Urban Meyer places gag order on trash-talking moranis

COLUMBUS, Ohio — It appears that Ohio State homer moranis won't be posting for quite a while.

Coach Urban Meyer said Tuesday that moranis wouldn't post for "a long, long time" after posting a day earlier that Ohio State would "wipe the field" with Alabama and whoever is No. 2 in the Bowl Championship Series rankings.

"I guess I'm a little biased, but I think we'd, uh, we'd wipe the field with both of them," moranis posted, chuckling to himself. "But that's just my bias speaking."

Currently, Alabama is No. 1 and Florida State No. 2 in the BCS rankings. Ohio State is No. 3.

It was a statement that moranis — Ohio State homer on WifS — concluded with a smiley face. It was clear he was half-joking. But sarcasm, humor and nuance seldom can be sensed between the lines of cold, hard print or on a monitor or screen.

Meyer was asked on the Big Ten coaches call about moranis' words.

"I'm very disappointed. I can't stand that," Meyer said. "I think I know moranis well enough. I even read one of his silly posts once. He was kind of smiling when he posted it. So, no I can't stand it. He's certainly not the spokesman for our team."

moranis, a long-winded and sort of dull poster, will be off limits to message boards — for quite a while.

11/13/2013 4:26 PM (edited)
now that is pretty funny.
11/13/2013 4:44 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/9/2013 11:41:00 PM (view original):
1) Alabama
2) Florida St
3) Baylor
4) Oregon

5) Ohio St
6) Auburn
7) Stanford
8) Oklahoma St
Stays the same, except Stanford gets crossed off.

Baylor @ OK State next week.
11/16/2013 11:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...28 Next ▸
Playoffs, a season early Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.