Playoffs, a season early Topic

Posted by moranis on 11/23/2013 6:18:00 PM (view original):
Denker is 19 of 22 for 178 yards and 2 TD's.  Apparently Oregon can't stop the pass either

And no one has stopped Carey.  Guy is a monster at RB.

If you haven't seen him before, from what I saw at the UW vs. Arizona game and from what I then read on forums from Arizona fans, Denker is literally the worst collegiate QB I have ever seen... I have no idea what the **** happened in Tucson today.
11/23/2013 6:58 PM
Posted by kcden on 11/23/2013 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 11/23/2013 6:18:00 PM (view original):
Denker is 19 of 22 for 178 yards and 2 TD's.  Apparently Oregon can't stop the pass either

And no one has stopped Carey.  Guy is a monster at RB.

If you haven't seen him before, from what I saw at the UW vs. Arizona game and from what I then read on forums from Arizona fans, Denker is literally the worst collegiate QB I have ever seen... I have no idea what the **** happened in Tucson today.
Denker is very mediocre, Carey though is a monster.  What happened is Oregon isn't that good.  They are a one dimensional offense and not much on defense.  They have beaten exactly 2 teams with a winning record the entire season.  They are 2-2 against teams at .500 or better.  They were crushing weak teams early in the year and based on that and prior history were incredibly over-ranked.  When the competition picked up they were exposed.  It really is that simple.
11/23/2013 8:51 PM (edited)
Denker may very well have played the game of his life, but the way he played would have been effective vs nearly anybody. He burned Oregon over and over again with play action setup by Carey playing so well.
11/23/2013 10:18 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/23/2013 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Denker may very well have played the game of his life, but the way he played would have been effective vs nearly anybody. He burned Oregon over and over again with play action setup by Carey playing so well.
Kind of wish I had seen the game, because I'll stand behind the fact that I have never seen a worse college QB than the guy I saw play for Arizona against the Dawgs this year.
11/23/2013 10:47 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/16/2013 11:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 11/9/2013 11:41:00 PM (view original):
1) Alabama
2) Florida St
3) Baylor
4) Oregon

5) Ohio St
6) Auburn
7) Stanford
8) Oklahoma St
Stays the same, except Stanford gets crossed off.

Baylor @ OK State next week.
1) Alabama
2) Florida St
3) Ohio St
4) Auburn

5) Oklahoma St

Everyone else is bleh. Clemson got slaughtered at home. Missouri lost at home and has a poor resume. Baylor just got beat badly. None of the two loss teams are worth considering for a top 4 slot. Just looked a Michigan St, don't know anything about them. Resume is poor with the exception of the road win at Nebraska.
11/23/2013 11:58 PM

So far, the Ohio State debate has pretty much sorted itself out. Baylor proved to be Baylor. Oregon proved to be severely overrated as I figured they were. The top 4 is now pretty clearly as stinenavy has them. Who knows how worthy anyone else is?

If Auburn loses to 'Bama as is expected, chaos would be certain for the selection committee if the 4 team playoff were this year. Oklahoma State may be the most reasonable team to replace Auburn in a way. Although, you can't exactly give them a gold star because they did lose to West Virginia & West Virginia is disgustingly bad when you really look at them. I don't know. I honestly would not want to be on the selection committee & have to choose the 4th team. There's a ton of wrong choices & no obvious right one. Then we still have the possibility of Ohio State losing to Michigan State. DAMN!

11/24/2013 1:02 AM
I honestly can't do a top 4 today.   I can no longer reasonably deny OSU a spot although I expect the Spartans to issue a beatdown in the conference championship game.

Bama
FSU
OSU

Auburn is not a top 4 team.   Take away a Hail Mary that was tipped into the WR's hands and they lost to GA.   Bama is going to crush them next week.   They cannot throw.   Maybe next week will sort out some of the mess.   I still think Stanford most resembles Bama/FSU and would like to put them at 4.  Maybe Clemson shitkicks SC on the road.   Maybe Auburn surprises me and plays well vs Bama. 
11/24/2013 8:18 AM
If the favorites win out it becomes clear with Alabama, FSU, Ohio St, and Oklahoma St in.

Auburn win puts them in and Oklahoma St out.
Don't see any situation that FSU loses, even if Winston is charged.
Ohio St has to play Michigan St, but unless the buzz for Michigan St heightens incredibly they have no chance.
Oklahoma St has to play Oklahoma, whom they've beaten once in 10 seasons.
11/24/2013 10:53 AM
How funny would it be if Florida beats Florida State (not that I think there is any realistic chance of it happening).
11/24/2013 11:02 AM
I think if OK ST beats the Sooners, they should be in.

They lost to WVA, but that was before they inserted Chelf at QB.

They are a very good team with Chelf and he seems to be getting better and better each week.
11/24/2013 5:05 PM
I've been following the Legends Poll for awhile.  I suspect it will be fairly similar to what the selection committee comes up with.

http://www.legendschannel.com/legends-poll/

Here are the voters and their current top 5

http://www.legendschannel.com/legends-poll-voters/
11/25/2013 3:31 PM
It's probably a gimme that an undefeated team from a "power" conference will get a bid.   Even if the conference is weak.    I don't think a 4 team playoff is going to pit the 4 best teams against one another. 

Seems the consensus top 3 works for everyone.    #4 is the problem.   The legends seem to like OkSt, Auburn, Clemson, Mizzou, Stanford.   And it's entirely possible that all 5 could lose this weekend(although I can't imagine ND working Stanford.  But I'd have said that about Utah/USC so what I can't imagine has happened). 
11/26/2013 8:33 AM
If Winston is indicted and suspended by FSU prior to final BCS rankings, assuming FSU wins out, do voters swap FSU with another team, thinking "get the best teams in the championship game," or do they reward FSU with what they've done up to that point?
11/27/2013 9:16 AM

If FSU wins out, they're in.    Not enough voters will change out to move the needle.

11/27/2013 9:22 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/27/2013 9:22:00 AM (view original):

If FSU wins out, they're in.    Not enough voters will change out to move the needle.

Yeah, especially given the reports that the Winston investigation won't even be concluded for a couple of weeks (and thus the earliest he would be charged is long after the bowl selections have been made).

It would suck though if he is charged and doesn't play in the national title game.  Takes a lot away from the game.

11/27/2013 9:54 AM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20...28 Next ▸
Playoffs, a season early Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.