Playoffs, a season early Topic

Big 10 fans cannot admit that the SEC is the best college football conference in the country...and there is no second.
Osu would be "lowly Msu and the power that is Ole Miss" in the SEC
Their conference speed dwarfs the big 10
They will send 10 teams bowling
12/1/2013 1:10 PM
The computers are a more solid #2 for Ohio State than the voters, which was to be expected.  Ohio State will easily finish in the top 2 if it beats Michigan State and it should.  Just the reality of the situation. 
12/2/2013 8:27 AM
tee hee

12/2/2013 8:36 AM
4 of BCS top 8 in SEC.    Nice.
12/2/2013 9:07 AM
South Carolina is an odd team.  Can't get a fix on them.  Loses by double digits to Georgia and inexplicably loses to Tennessee (who is downright awful) but beats Missouri, Clemson, and Central Florida.  Just a very strange season all around.
12/2/2013 9:17 AM
They have the longest home win streak in the nation.    The GA loss was before GA had all the injuries.   I think GA was still a top 10 team at the time despite a loss to Clemson.   Losing to TN was inexplicable even if it was on the road.   
12/2/2013 9:48 AM
I will give them this, South Carolina scheduled very well in the non-con.  I hate to see all those teams with 4 crappy non-cons.  Sure South Carolina had Coastal Carolina on the schedule, but they always have Clemson and this year had North Carolina and Central Florida as well.  I wish more teams would do that as it really would help to sort things out a lot more in the regular season.  It is hard to get a true read on conferences when so many of the top teams don't play anyone good in the non-con. 
12/2/2013 10:18 AM
To be honest, I think UCF was supposed to be a gimme but they're a damn good team.    SC was lucky to get out with a win.  I'm sure you saw the controversy about Spurrier supposedly being drunk on this post game show.   That was after the UCF game. 

FWIW, I think a lot more teams will schedule tougher non-cons in the future.  Everyone will still have a Coastal Carolina, sort of serves as an off week before a big game, but I think they'll avoid playing the dregs C-USA or the MAC.   
12/2/2013 10:26 AM
Ohio State has said it will only schedule teams from the major conferences (I believe they are including the AAC which will not on the level of the other 5 is a step above the other 4).  That begins in 2017 at which time the Big Ten will also have a 9 game conference schedule (that goes into effect in 2016 I believe). 

Central Florida has been a pretty solid team for awhile now.  They definitely took a step up this year, but they were 10-4 last year, 11-3 (with a win over Georgia in the bowl game) in 2010, etc.  They were a bit weak in 2011 though, which is probably about the time they scheduled the game.

12/2/2013 10:42 AM
I've been very critical of OSU for their non-con but it wouldn't have looked so bad if the B10 wasn't down.    They pretty much have to schedule up their non-con in the future in order to be "in the mix".    It won't be computer rankings deciding the teams that play on.
12/2/2013 12:29 PM
If they had scheduled bottom-feeders from the SEC, ACC, B12, they'd likely still be undefeated but their resume would be much better.     Take Ole Miss as an example.   OSU beats them by 14.   They lost to Bama 25, Auburn 8, Mizzou 14, TAMU 3.  And beat LSU.   That's all the players from the SEC(excluding SC).   It's easy to make an argument for OSU with that on their resume'.
12/2/2013 12:52 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2013 12:29:00 PM (view original):
I've been very critical of OSU for their non-con but it wouldn't have looked so bad if the B10 wasn't down.    They pretty much have to schedule up their non-con in the future in order to be "in the mix".    It won't be computer rankings deciding the teams that play on.
well they also scheduled the Cal games years and years ago when Cal was a good team (not elite but certainly a solid winning program).  I don't think anyone would have predicted just how bad Cal got nor how fast it happened.
12/2/2013 12:53 PM
I pretty much give them a pass for Cal.   It's the Buffalo, Florida A&M  and SDSU.   I would even give them one of those, all teams do it, but three was excessive. 
12/2/2013 12:54 PM
OSU has Va Tech and Cincinnati next year in the non-con, along with Navy in Baltimore and Kent State.  In other words, a much better overall non-con than this year (or at least it should be).  Plus the Big Ten is going east/west so they will be back with Michigan and Michigan State and still have Penn State (though lose Wisconsin).  They have crappy Illinois and Minnesota from the other division.
12/2/2013 1:02 PM
Of course, I say that like Ole Miss would put OSU on their schedule.    They might very well say "Hell no.   Do you see who we have to play in our conference?" as they want to be bowl eligible.
12/2/2013 1:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...28 Next ▸
Playoffs, a season early Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.