Playoffs, a season early Topic

Buckeyes know they need style points.  I feel a bit bad for Purdue.  28-0 and still over 2 minutes left in the first quarter.
11/2/2013 12:42 PM
All the style points in the world aren't going to get them above Oregon/Florida St/Alabama, unless they lose.
11/2/2013 1:19 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/2/2013 1:19:00 PM (view original):
All the style points in the world aren't going to get them above Oregon/Florida St/Alabama, unless they lose.
true.
11/2/2013 1:39 PM
1) Florida State
2) Oregon
3) Alabama
4) Ohio State

Florida State moves past Oregon and Alabama. They have a great team and the best resume.

Baylor, Oklahoma, and Auburn are my next 3 in no particular order.
11/2/2013 11:45 PM
Bama
Oregon
FSU
OSU

OSU will not get a signature win unless they curbstomp Mich St as Michigan sucks.   FSU did not look as nearly unbeatable as they had. 

Stanford, Baylor, Auburn, Oklahoma are on the outside looking in.   And I still believe, head to head, all 4 would beat OSU.  
11/3/2013 7:31 AM
Here's the problem I have with OSU.

Bama plays Auburn.   Baylor/OK.  Stanford/Oregon.      FSU beat the two top 10 teams(Clemson/Miami) on their schedule.     If Auburn, Baylor and Stanford lose close games to other top teams are they somehow less-worthy than OSU who'll beat Northwestern and Michigan?
11/3/2013 1:27 PM
Yes, because Auburn and Stanford would have 2 losses and Baylor has played a worse schedule than Ohio State at this point.
11/3/2013 2:09 PM
While I can't really defend Stanford's loss, Auburn lost to LSU.   LSU is pretty good.   I'd argue that LSU beats OSU on a neutral field.    Again, I think you're treating the regular season like a single elimination IF a major conference has an undefeated team.    I sincerely hope that's not how the committee looks at it next season. 
11/3/2013 3:43 PM
I care about resumes. You seem to want to completely disregard them as per your putting Stanford in the top 4 earlier, despite them losing to an awful team.
11/3/2013 4:00 PM
I'll give a good team a bad game.    While you may consider that "disregarding resumes", I don't.    IMO, any fictional playoff this season that doesn't include Bama, Oregon, FSU would be a farce(providing none of them **** the bed in multiple games down the stretch).    So, to me, there's one spot left and I'd like to see a team that's capable of beating the top 3 get that spot.  I don't think it's OSU.  But, to be fair, the only game I watched a significant portion of was against Northwestern.  I was not impressed.   Saw less than a quarter against WI.  Not impressed.    I don't think anyone else they played has a winning record.
11/3/2013 4:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/3/2013 4:23:00 PM (view original):
I'll give a good team a bad game.    While you may consider that "disregarding resumes", I don't.    IMO, any fictional playoff this season that doesn't include Bama, Oregon, FSU would be a farce(providing none of them **** the bed in multiple games down the stretch).    So, to me, there's one spot left and I'd like to see a team that's capable of beating the top 3 get that spot.  I don't think it's OSU.  But, to be fair, the only game I watched a significant portion of was against Northwestern.  I was not impressed.   Saw less than a quarter against WI.  Not impressed.    I don't think anyone else they played has a winning record.
Northwestern doesn't have a winning record.  They are 4-5.  Wisconsin 6-2, Buffalo 6-2, Penn State 5-3, Iowa 5-4.  That would be 4 teams.

BTW, those 4 victories against FBS teams with winning records exceed every other major conference unbeaten.  Oregon has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record (UCLA and Washington): Baylor 2 teams (Buffalo and La Monroe): FSU 3 teams (Miami, Clemson, and Maryland): even the mighty Alabama has only beaten 3 teams with a winning record (A&M, Va Tech, and Ole Miss).

I'm not suggesting that Wisconsin is the best win (it is not), but am merely pointing out the nonsense you keep spewing to discredit Ohio State for no apparent reason.  At least be accurate in your hate, otherwise you just look like the ******* you are.
11/3/2013 9:51 PM
You'll give a good team a bad game, unless it's Oklahoma State losing on the road in double OT two years ago, then **** 'em.
11/3/2013 10:30 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/3/2013 10:30:00 PM (view original):
You'll give a good team a bad game, unless it's Oklahoma State losing on the road in double OT two years ago, then **** 'em.
and wasn't that like the day after there was that plane crash killing some athletes (not football players) from the school.
11/4/2013 6:34 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/3/2013 10:30:00 PM (view original):
If this thread had been created two years ago, you know with FOUR playoff spots available instead of TWO, it's a different story.    Get the facts straight.
11/4/2013 7:47 AM
Posted by moranis on 11/3/2013 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/3/2013 4:23:00 PM (view original):
Northwestern doesn't have a winning record.  They are 4-5.  Wisconsin 6-2, Buffalo 6-2, Penn State 5-3, Iowa 5-4.  That would be 4 teams.

BTW, those 4 victories against FBS teams with winning records exceed every other major conference unbeaten.  Oregon has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record (UCLA and Washington): Baylor 2 teams (Buffalo and La Monroe): FSU 3 teams (Miami, Clemson, and Maryland): even the mighty Alabama has only beaten 3 teams with a winning record (A&M, Va Tech, and Ole Miss).

I'm not suggesting that Wisconsin is the best win (it is not), but am merely pointing out the nonsense you keep spewing to discredit Ohio State for no apparent reason.  At least be accurate in your hate, otherwise you just look like the ******* you are.
So your argument is that OSU struggled to beat a 4-5 team?    Good argument, dipshit. 
11/4/2013 7:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...28 Next ▸
Playoffs, a season early Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.