I sometimes get dramatic when I lose in the CT Topic

better scheduling and realistic expectations seem like the main things that team needs
10/16/2013 5:22 AM
It needs a better game planner as well, fd. I just don't seem to be able to pull the right strings in the CT. If you (or a buddy) has a D-2 team and are looking to move up after next season, Campbell would be a "ready-to-win-big" location to land at. The right coach could be in the NT every year, I think.
10/16/2013 8:05 AM
Posted by wildcat98 on 10/16/2013 2:06:00 AM (view original):
For the record, I'm not mad at ANYTHING in the game. I've made my peace with the sim engine, quirks and all, and I don't feel like Campbell was "snubbed" for the NT. It's just got to a point where the frustration level of getting right to the edge of making it to that "next level" and not getting over the hump is outweighing the fun I have in some of the other aspects of the game.
So move on! Start anew! You could just be in a rut, jump to another C prestige job. You've had decent success at Campbell and I am sure you can find another job where you are reinvigorated and can build them into NT caliber teams.
10/16/2013 8:15 AM
Posted by caesari on 10/16/2013 8:15:00 AM (view original):
For the record, I'm not mad at ANYTHING in the game. I've made my peace with the sim engine, quirks and all, and I don't feel like Campbell was "snubbed" for the NT. It's just got to a point where the frustration level of getting right to the edge of making it to that "next level" and not getting over the hump is outweighing the fun I have in some of the other aspects of the game.
So move on! Start anew! You could just be in a rut, jump to another C prestige job. You've had decent success at Campbell and I am sure you can find another job where you are reinvigorated and can build them into NT caliber teams.
agree with Caesari here - as a coach who has won 4 titles, i've been in situations where I was in a rut, and just decided to moved on to a new job. nothing wrong w/ that. 

Either way, I wouldn't get so concerned/dramatic over one game. I've lost too many close games to inferior teams (and also beaten superior teams in close games too many times) to ever worry about that. 

10/16/2013 9:15 AM
I do think that low-level D1 is the hardest thing to do in this game. I've had lots of success at DII and DIII and really struggle to master low-level DI. It's a different beast. Maybe pick a nearly-full DII conference for a while - those jobs are a lot more fun IMO. 
10/16/2013 9:16 AM
My advice I'd get another team in the same world. That seems ti correlated to success
10/16/2013 9:21 AM
Posted by wildcat98 on 10/16/2013 2:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 10/15/2013 10:44:00 PM (view original):
Incidentally, the two players shared 25 minutes on the court at the same time, during which Morgan scored 16 points.
Where did you find that stat? That kind of... "granular" data could be really useful.
The 'problem' if there is said to be one with your strategy, is that he only scored four points in the eleven minutes or so

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2554272

Played opposite him.
10/16/2013 11:03 AM
Posted by wildcat98 on 10/16/2013 2:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 10/15/2013 10:44:00 PM (view original):
Incidentally, the two players shared 25 minutes on the court at the same time, during which Morgan scored 16 points.
Where did you find that stat? That kind of... "granular" data could be really useful.
It's the first thing I look at when I think my strategy didn't work - I want to see what the player did against each of the people that defended him.
10/16/2013 11:26 AM
I've quit at least 4 times.   But I always come back.

10/16/2013 11:30 AM
Posted by caesari on 10/16/2013 8:15:00 AM (view original):
Says the coach with a below .500 all-time record.Hopefully wildcat won't take your advice.
10/17/2013 7:41 AM
Martz made 1st Team All-American.
10/17/2013 9:23 AM
Rothman is a terrible defender against bigs and the other team is better than yours. 
10/17/2013 10:46 AM
I think Thepierce is a better COACH than I am, but I disagree that ORU is a better TEAM than Campbell. As for Rothman, from the feedback I've gotten in this thread, it sounds like you're probably right about him.
10/17/2013 11:17 AM
Nope, he has the better team.

For d1, I would not take a guard unless he can hit 160 total ath/spd, or have 90+ speed (and not the 10/90 kind) with great bh/p. You have 0 players that even come close to this criteria.

Bigs would have to be 70 ath minimum, and thats only if reb/def/sb are over 90, again, you have none. Otherwise, I would take a big with 90+ ath and 60+ in reb/def/sb.

He has 3 players that fit this criteria and one that comes quite close.

Given your players, you should have gone focused on IQ and get all your SRs to A+, that would have given you an edge. And you lost to Oral Roberts 2x, first game was a blow out. Your team is not better than his, much less the heavy favorite to have a reaction like this. 
10/17/2013 11:25 AM
Both losses had much more to do with coaching/gameplanning than actual team talent. The way I see ORU/Campbell is not that Campbell should be a huge favorite or anything, but that--WITH GOOD GAME PLANNING--Campbell should have won that last game.

As for your criteria for what makes a good big, I think you're not as on point. Somehow, even though he doesn't fit your ephemeral criteria to be a good big, Martz made 1st Team All American. The problem wasn't the players, it was ME.
10/17/2013 11:35 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
I sometimes get dramatic when I lose in the CT Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.