I sometimes get dramatic when I lose in the CT Topic

I'm just going to let my last season play out on autopilot. I'll set the depth chart, and a basic offensive and defensive plan, but I'm finished stressing about this game. Game planned like heck for that game, did everything I possibly could, and STILL lost. If I can't manage to get to the tourney with players like Martz and Morgan, then I'm just not a very good coach.

This is the game that finally discouraged me enough to really quit:

www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx

If I couldn't get over the hump for my second NT appearance at Campbell with this team, then I might as well give up, because it's just not happening.
10/15/2013 2:32 AM
Ok, bye...
10/15/2013 2:43 AM
Maybe you should schedule better
10/15/2013 7:10 AM
A 1 point loss to a team that has some pretty good players, it looks like an upset but nothing to quit about. 
10/15/2013 7:55 AM
I agree about scheduling better... you faced three 200+ RPI teams and two 300+ rpi teams in a 1 bid conference. 
10/15/2013 7:57 AM
looks like pierce out gameplanned you...again...
10/15/2013 7:57 AM
No matter what you do there is always the luck of the roll.  The game would be pretty boring if who should win always wins.
10/15/2013 11:34 AM
Dude what are u griping about...a 1 point loss in OT to a team with an equal record...please.
10/15/2013 11:51 AM
Sorry you are finding the game so frustrating. May I ask what your reasoning behind your starting lineup is? I'm not being a d***, I'm just curious. When I see a curious lineup I always try to ask the coach what they were thinking. EX: Martz at sf....Rothman at C. 

Wait 24 hours and you'll be fine. 
10/15/2013 12:15 PM
Dude - you have only a small talent advantage here, and they were playing at home which evens things out. Plus, they just shot free throws extremely well this game. In real life, this kind of thing happens. I wouldn't want to play a game where the results are always a linear response to the data that describes our team - that would be no fun. 
10/15/2013 12:27 PM
Posted by thinair on 10/15/2013 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Sorry you are finding the game so frustrating. May I ask what your reasoning behind your starting lineup is? I'm not being a d***, I'm just curious. When I see a curious lineup I always try to ask the coach what they were thinking. EX: Martz at sf....Rothman at C. 

That lineup was a one-off thing. His best player is his C, who is only 6'6. My best defender is Rothman, who is 6'5. So I started Rothman at C. I slid Padillo (normal starting C) to PF, and Martz (normal starting PF) to SF, where he has a guy that I felt Martz could play well against.
10/15/2013 12:58 PM
The heights of the players means nothing; it's all in the ratings. 
10/15/2013 1:17 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 10/15/2013 12:58:00 PM (view original):

That lineup was a one-off thing. His best player is his C, who is only 6'6. My best defender is Rothman, who is 6'5. So I started Rothman at C. I slid Padillo (normal starting C) to PF, and Martz (normal starting PF) to SF, where he has a guy that I felt Martz could play well against.
OK. Something that can help here......Height does not matter in the game at all. It has absolutely no effect on the game, so you shouldn't gameplan around it. 
10/15/2013 1:17 PM
Posted by bbunch on 10/15/2013 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 10/15/2013 12:58:00 PM (view original):

OK. Something that can help here......Height does not matter in the game at all. It has absolutely no effect on the game, so you shouldn't gameplan around it. 
That wasn't the reason I did it. The reason I did it is that he's easily my best defender, and seemed like my best chance at getting ORU's C off his game. His PG, despite the scoring average, is not very good, and didn't worry me much. I switched Morgan (my best G) to PG, to get that matchup, and loaded him up on the distro. For some reason, he didn't go nuts like I felt like he should have. That PG is really bad, both athletically and on DEF. I have no idea why Morgan didn't just eat him alive.
10/15/2013 1:42 PM
1. Morgan did have a good game.   He took 25% of your teams shots and shot 50% (55% from inside the ARC).  What were you expecting?  The A in IQ was going to limit his fouls.  

2. The SF on the Center experiment really hurt you.   Your SF didn't play good defense  and you got killed on the boards.   I've tried doing things like that in the past as well and it rarely works.   I suspect the the SB rating is more important than you (and I) think it is for interior defense.  If I had to guess the interior defensive score is something like (DEF*2 + ATH+ SB) with IQ thrown in there somehow.   Martz is the better interior defender in my opinion, by a significant margin.

10/15/2013 2:31 PM
12345 Next ▸
I sometimes get dramatic when I lose in the CT Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.