A gentlemanly wager, gentlemanly waged!  Two differing opinions, and each person offering a public acknowledgement if wrong.  Chivalry is not dead at WIS.

UPDATE:  the other series just ended, and Christy is still at 85(100).  Next update when the World Series starts.
10/17/2013 1:35 PM (edited)
Posted by contrarian23 on 10/17/2013 7:37:00 AM (view original):
Your added rest may not show up until the next series is scheduled.  I will be shocked if Mathewson is not at 100% for Game 1 of your next series, but if I am wrong, I too will acknowledge this.
Yes, agreed word for word.

Good luck in the WS pinot!
10/17/2013 4:56 PM (edited)
Pet peeve=theme league's taking forever to fill in the forum!
10/17/2013 5:32 PM
pet peeve....WIS claiming to be actively updating the SIM and then going silent for months about the update.
10/18/2013 12:47 AM
So, the World Series matchup has been announced in the league, and ... I STAND CORRECTED!  Mathewson is at 100% to start this round.  It is with abject humility that I admit my error, and regret any aspersions cast toward munificent WIS.
10/18/2013 3:10 AM
Thanks pinot...I confess you had me questioning this as of last night.  I was pretty sure it had always worked that way with my teams, but I couldn't honestly tell you the last time I checked. 
10/18/2013 5:47 AM
Pet peeves regarding the player draft screens: why is it when you switch from say pitcher draft to hitter draft then back to pitcher draft, all the Statistical Criteria you had for pitcher selection (the 8 settings) are reset to the default? And why can't I delete or edit or rename any named Saved Searches?
10/18/2013 1:24 PM
I agree - I keep forgetting that I can save the search criteria and reload it later.  Frustrating.
10/18/2013 6:50 PM
Owners who do not check the trades in their league and end up ignoring them rather than responding. This is no bigger culprit at this than me. I so rarely trade that I often don't check to see if I have any offers. Sorry to all those whose trades I've ignored. It's not personal, just general rudeness.
10/18/2013 8:46 PM
I was in a league where I made at the deadline and then got accused at playoff time of pulling a fast one.
10/18/2013 10:15 PM
I'll echo the ones about progressive owners who art not courteous by leaving without notice or taking way too much time to draft or enter their team. That said, I've grown more patient with it as I know how it is to have stuff come up and not be online for a period of time.

And one that happens in all walks of life, but I've seen here in discussions on the boards: People who back up their opinionated arguments with more opinions. That'll win me over! Never mind facts, they don't matter!

As far as the sim itself, I'm getting a little weary of the bias towards hitting in all but the most pitcher-friendly eras of progressives. League ERAs should not be anywhere near 6 unless there is some sort of weird theme going on.
10/19/2013 1:22 AM
my pet peeve is that willie Fing mays always underperforms
10/19/2013 11:25 AM
Instead of ******** like little *******:

QUIT THE SITE!
10/19/2013 11:35 AM
I think everyone on this thread likes this game. Because someone has a concern or a frustration with an aspect of it doesn't mean they should quit. If everyone who had a complaint quit, this site wouldn't be here anymore. Is that what you want?
10/19/2013 12:37 PM
Posted by redsfive on 10/19/2013 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Instead of ******** like little *******:

QUIT THE SITE!
I can't quit you!
10/19/2013 1:39 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.