OF errors of dropping routine fly balls.  Rarely happens in real life; most OF errors are throwing errors. 
10/19/2013 3:23 PM
Posted by redsfive on 10/19/2013 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Instead of ******** like little *******:

QUIT THE SITE!
If this is his pet peeve it does belong in this forum
10/19/2013 3:31 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
owners who don't take the time to research trades made by other owners and veto it because "it looked lopsided"

bullpen settings - the guy I want to come in never seems to come in

owners (owner) who joins a theme or progressive without reading specific rules, and then complains about said rules midway through the draft or during the 1st season...and then QUITS (after making a playoff run in season 1) because of said rules...

10/20/2013 11:34 AM
people who ramble on in the forums and don't know what they're talking about
people who complain that the sim is a complete crapshoot
people who gripe when their trade gets vetoed
lack of consistent updates to the sim engines/salary structures

10/20/2013 5:04 PM
The Anti-Peeve:

Even if we have not done so publicly, I'm sure we've all thought about how the streakiness of the sim kills us sometimes: going well, then a 1-12 streak for a team  that otherwise plays .600 ball, and misses the playoffs by one game.  '27 Babe Ruth going 125 PAs without a HR (and a ton of 1-run losses during the drought).  And on and on, ad nauseum.  Well, here's my counter to that: the streak that wins it for you.

In a recently-completed league, I won my division with a non-outstanding regular season record of 86-76, holding the second seed in the playoffs.  I swept the first round, winning 7-6, 5-2, and 5-1 - good, but not earth-shattering.  Round Two I start with two one-run wins and a five run win, giving up a total of 21 over the first six games of the playoffs.  Then, a shutout to sweep the second round and shutouts in the first THREE games of the WS!  Lost game four, when my streak of 41 2/3 scoreless innings was snapped (eventually losing 4-2), then come within two outs of another shutout in winning Game 5.

AVG/OBP/SLG
Regular season .267/.344/.365
In the playoffs -   .301/.375/.420

OAV/OBP/SLG/WHIP/ERA
Regular Season .257/.307/.350/1.25/3.26
In the playoffs -    .226/.257/.289/1.01/1.77  

Vic Willis, my #3 Starter, did not allow a run in any of his three starts;  Dick Rudolph had an ERA of .70 in his four; Christy Mathewson was the slacker with an ERA of 1.82 in five starts - but did not walk a single batter in the playoffs (34.2 IP).  On the offensive side, five batters hit .346 or better (only two hit over .300 in the regular season, .307 and .323).  In short, everybody got 'hot' at once.  So, next time I carp about a cold streak, someone please link to this post and tell me to STFU!
10/20/2013 5:44 PM
owners who veto trades in progressives because "I veto every trade"
10/21/2013 4:11 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
boogerlips
10/22/2013 6:04 AM
No updates
10/22/2013 12:51 PM
Yes, boogerlips never updates. He is just always the same old, same old.
10/22/2013 5:56 PM
Posted by trd3 on 10/18/2013 8:46:00 PM (view original):
Owners who do not check the trades in their league and end up ignoring them rather than responding. This is no bigger culprit at this than me. I so rarely trade that I often don't check to see if I have any offers. Sorry to all those whose trades I've ignored. It's not personal, just general rudeness.
Agreed with the ignoring trade offers.  I've grown so used to people not checking the trade page that I've taken to SMing them instead.  

And they still ignore the offers.  

I can see they've read them, but they don't even have the courtesy to respond with a "What!?  Are you crazy?  No way!!!", 

And actually, I don't believe that I usually offer up crazy trades.  Sure, I tend to err on the side of "beneficial to me", but that's what counter offers are for... or you can just say "thanks but no thanks".
10/22/2013 9:12 PM (edited)
Posted by chargingryno on 10/20/2013 11:34:00 AM (view original):
owners who don't take the time to research trades made by other owners and veto it because "it looked lopsided"

bullpen settings - the guy I want to come in never seems to come in

owners (owner) who joins a theme or progressive without reading specific rules, and then complains about said rules midway through the draft or during the 1st season...and then QUITS (after making a playoff run in season 1) because of said rules...

"The guy I want to come in never seems to come in", 1924 Babe Adams (42ip). Unless I set him to 'A' and everyone else to 'B' even if he's set to a later inning than everyone else, Sparky  seems pass over him time after time.
10/23/2013 7:54 AM
Waiting for a winning or losing streak to end. . .
That has nothing to do with my opinion of the site, that's just one of my personal pet peeves.....
10/26/2013 2:10 PM
Posted by boogerlips on 10/22/2013 1:36:00 AM (view original):

the mr. holypants types that never veto any trades so that everyone will like them

I never veto any trades. Do you like me ?
10/30/2013 1:45 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.