GUESS 3.0 Formulas - First Look Topic

Posted by vikesrule69 on 10/18/2013 12:09:00 AM (view original):

Are these formula's official. If so, I will plug them in to yatzr's recruiting tool LOL.

I'd say they are pretty close, at the very least.  Of course, actually playing the finalized game engine out for a couple of months should give us a better idea.
10/18/2013 2:29 AM
Posted by chetty1963 on 10/17/2013 10:25:00 PM (view original):
really stupid question, so forgive me, but the icons in your post are really small - how do I view them in normal print size
Go to the My Forums tab above, and under the Settings section set  "IMAGE VIEW" to "Full"
10/18/2013 2:31 AM
Posted by katzphang88 on 10/17/2013 11:23:00 PM (view original):
It's very sad that after all this time we haven't been able to have a breakdown of different skills for different roles. DL needs no speed and and no elus? REALLY!?!?! No defender needs to elude a blocker???? So much for a real upgrade in the thinking of how this game is oriented.
This is amazing to me....and quite the "head scratcher".  OL SPD is a factor in "anatomy of a running play" in 2.0.  Why is it not a factor in 3.0?  I'm glad I'm not on the bleeding edge of this rollout and get another few weeks before my worlds rollover.  That will give me some time to think about how to recruit and/or change my approaches.
10/18/2013 11:17 AM
The idea was to make it simpler to see cause and effect and to make the game easier to program to not be so random. the more attributes used the harder it is to see cause and effect etc. 
10/18/2013 11:35 AM
The one that gets me is no hands for LB. Aren't hands needed for interceptions?
10/18/2013 2:55 PM
Posted by noah23 on 10/18/2013 11:35:00 AM (view original):
The idea was to make it simpler to see cause and effect and to make the game easier to program to not be so random. the more attributes used the harder it is to see cause and effect etc. 
OK.  I can go with that.
10/18/2013 3:30 PM
the hands/LB thing is a head scratcher...for that matter, has anyone seen an LB make an interception? 
10/18/2013 4:26 PM
More than once But not like it should be.
10/18/2013 4:34 PM
If they did make one, then hands inherently should be a part of the ratings set up. I don't think that scenario changes attributes needed for completion by position. 
10/18/2013 4:37 PM
Posted by noah23 on 10/18/2013 4:26:00 PM (view original):
the hands/LB thing is a head scratcher...for that matter, has anyone seen an LB make an interception? 
Not sure if you're just talking about in 3.0 but I run a 3-4 across all my teams and get LB picks quite often, including the following:

10/18/2013 5:55 PM
Am I to assume C/G/T are no longer different from each other in 3.0?
10/18/2013 10:17 PM
I've got a soph LB who get picks and who, ironically, has not-so-good hands..

http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=8071683
10/18/2013 10:19 PM
Posted by sctrojanx on 10/18/2013 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by noah23 on 10/18/2013 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Not sure if you're just talking about in 3.0 but I run a 3-4 across all my teams and get LB picks quite often, including the following:

I'm running a 3-4 now (in 2.0) for the first time and am seeing LBs with sacks and INTs at a much higher rate than I ever saw with the 4-3, 4-4, Nickel package that I had used for many, many seasons.  It is an interesting phenomenon.
10/18/2013 11:42 PM
Hands mean nothing to a QB? Except for taking the snap, handing the ball off ooo wait and I'm pretty sure they use their hands/ hand to throw the ball...great so all the skills I've been practicing are rendered useless....
10/19/2013 12:19 AM

I could see the need for the game engine to be fixed and the randomness toned down a decent amount. However if these ratings are correct--it is a slap in the face to our current rosters. We recruit players with certain characteristics\ratings so they will be good players. Now a lot of these players just had their value severely slashed. Here are the problems:
1. Speed is not a factor for a Defensive End?
2. Speed has been dramatically decreased as a value for an Outside Linebacker? Has the game engine programmer ever watched a football game in his life? I seriously doubt it.
3. Speed has been dramatically decreased as a value for a Cornerback? See above comments.
4. Technique went from 26% of the CB's value to 8%? So glad I have a lot of high technique CBs on my rosters.
4. Those of us who recruited fullbacks can now think about cutting those players as G\I--which used to be very valuable to a fullback is now a big fat 0 in the new ratings.
There is more but these are the biggest changes I saw and don't agree with.
The HUGE problem is we recruited players because of their ratings and now the value of players has drastically changed. I see no reason whatsoever for the drastic change of values. 
Now we are expected to pay for 4 more seasons to change how our rosters are constructed and watch very good players we did recruit become average players.
Maybe I will warm to the new game and then again maybe I will not. Right now I am thinking that I just wasted money on the last 3 or 4 seasons that I have played in 3 different worlds and not sure if I want to start over.

10/19/2013 7:41 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
GUESS 3.0 Formulas - First Look Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.