Newbie in 9 leagues Topic

I've been looking for owners to fill a current league I'm in. As I looked through the leagues for prospective owners, I came across a guy in Mike Greenwell. He is a new owner, not one game under his belt. And he is signed up for 9 leagues!!! When I was a newbie, I was overwhelmed by how much information there was to absorb, and it took me quite a few seasons to get a handle on things. Still learn something new every day. And here we have a newbie jumping in with 9 leagues to start. I'm sure WIS is thrilled with the influx of money, but I'm also sure how the owners in the 9 leagues are going to feel when he crashes and burns.
10/22/2013 7:52 AM
Could be an alias.
10/22/2013 7:57 AM
you should check out this guy

Doesn't look quite so bad til you realize he joined less than a year ago, and back in May he had ZERO completed seasons.
10/22/2013 8:00 AM
the world standings page doesn't tell me which guy it is
10/22/2013 10:10 AM
Posted by sergei91 on 10/22/2013 10:10:00 AM (view original):
the world standings page doesn't tell me which guy it is
Strange.

Here's the correct link.

10/22/2013 12:02 PM
he's in one of my leagues
10/22/2013 2:26 PM
How could he not be?
10/22/2013 2:30 PM
He's in two of my leagues. What's funny is that he's been very friendly to me in one, and very anti-booger in the other. Hard to keep who ye like straight when yer spread so thin! Lol.
10/22/2013 2:39 PM
That must cost a pretty penny to fund.
10/22/2013 4:36 PM
My guess is he's retired and has a lot of extra time on his hands.. 
10/22/2013 6:02 PM
now he's not in one of my leagues
10/22/2013 10:00 PM
Stonewalter is retired.  He was an actor who appeared as the doctor in " A Few Good Men" (Dr. Stone)
10/23/2013 11:21 AM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 10/22/2013 8:00:00 AM (view original):
you should check out this guy

Doesn't look quite so bad til you realize he joined less than a year ago, and back in May he had ZERO completed seasons.
What's "bad" about someone joining a whole bunch of worlds? Obviously it would be bad if he takes numerous actions to harm worlds/teams, but that has not happened to this point. Just plunking down one's money to play a lot of worlds benefits us unless proven otherwise. Some people have the money and time to do it, and we should welcome them, absent something more suspicious than what we have here. In sim baseball, clk0619 spent huge amounts of money buying teams to play entire leagues so he could experiment with extreme lineups, mismatches, deadball vs. steroids, etc. The Sim community benefitted from his research,m whicih he gladly shared, and for a long time he also joined numerous leagues – until people got on his case, assuming he was up to no good when all he was doing was spending a lot of time and money on something he enjoyed.

Unless he starts making bad trades or dumping players, the worst that can come of what we have so far is that a lot of worlds have an opening in a few months. Maybe someone can then start a thread about how awful it is to have x # of openings and demanding that WIS do something about it.
10/23/2013 11:28 AM
first off:

a) all i said is he is in a league of mine. i have/had no problem with him and how many worlds he was in, just making an observation.

b) are you serious about starting a thread about all the hbd openings and worlds not filling? we have plenty of those already
10/23/2013 12:05 PM
Uh-oh.   I think "sarcasm" is not in sergie's vocabulary.
10/23/2013 12:11 PM
12 Next ▸
Newbie in 9 leagues Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.