Who gets the job? Topic

I'm just curious as to the forums take, who gets the job, if either.

A+ baseline BCS school. currently at B+ Coming off a NT win.

Coach A:
Currently at a B- low-major
3 NT wins (4 total in HD) at the school, 2 in the last 4. 2 bids in the last 4. Coming off a one and done autobid.

Coach B:
Currently at a B+ BCS school
24 NT wins (45 total) at the school, 1 in the last 4. 3 bids in the last 4. Coming off one at large NT win.
10/23/2013 3:54 AM
More details needed since the job resume consists of what has happened the last 10 seasons.
10/23/2013 4:00 AM
Last 10

Coach A:
3 wins, 6 bids (all CT wins, tho 2 would have qualified as at large)
Average RPI 76

Coach B:
3 wins, 8 bids (all at-large)
Average RPI 60
7 players drafted
10/23/2013 4:18 AM
For the record I don't see either qualifying
10/23/2013 4:26 AM
I think the secret to the hiring logic is there is no logic, I don't think either should have qualified
10/23/2013 10:13 AM
I don't think either should qualify, but I would think Coach B would get it before Coach A.
10/23/2013 11:59 AM
what is the career win total in that world for each coach?
10/23/2013 1:29 PM
Coach A: 370
Coach B: 1227
10/23/2013 1:38 PM
easy then.  Coach B.  Career wins count for a lot at D1 when it comes to jobs.  Think of it as a career achievement kind of advantage.  Not saying he should get it over A.  In fact, I agree with the comment above that neither really should get it.  But I'd be absolutely shocked if A got it over B
10/23/2013 7:20 PM
You and me both, A got it. Big surprise, I'm coach B, #25 in Phelan in wins, but CS says I didn't have the juice, those wins mean little, but Coach A's 8 CC's in the Southland Conference were a determining factor ( because I'm sure it's an apples to apples comparison when I'm in the same division as Arizona and UCLA).

I'm more floored that 3 wins gets you an A+ program! even moreso considering his last NT win was 3 seasons ago. I knew the formula didn't favor my overall record, but I was rejected outright.
10/23/2013 7:48 PM
Lest anyone think I'm disparaging the other coach, I'm not. He had good success for the level he was at and simply clicked apply next to the Arizona job because it was available to him. WHY it would be is the question that CS won't touch.
10/23/2013 8:27 PM
Posted by jdno on 10/23/2013 7:21:00 PM (view original):
easy then.  Coach B.  Career wins count for a lot at D1 when it comes to jobs.  Think of it as a career achievement kind of advantage.  Not saying he should get it over A.  In fact, I agree with the comment above that neither really should get it.  But I'd be absolutely shocked if A got it over B
maybe career wins should count but they clearly don't
10/23/2013 9:28 PM
and to follow up on doomey's point CS is useless, it's probably a call center, not anyone who actually has influence over the game
10/23/2013 9:28 PM
well that is pretty surprising, though he did well a few seasons ago getting to the Sweet 16 and finished ranked #11.  He deserved a BCS gig, but I am pretty surprised that Arizona was available to him.  And I figured your career wins would certainly pull you ahead in that battle....though I also thought based off of actual success you would've (should've??) fallen short as well. 
10/23/2013 9:51 PM
CS doesn't want to say anything concrete so no one can "point to" anything as a defense of their situation.  It's understandable, but perhaps there should be more transparency with the process to begin with.
10/23/2013 10:08 PM
12 Next ▸
Who gets the job? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.