Final (for now at least) GUESS formulas for 3.0 Topic

Man, you probably put more effort into this than any of us actually deserve, but damn I'm sure glad you do. Thanks for all the hard work and effort, Bob. I really appreciate it.
10/27/2013 11:43 AM

I updated the config.ini file here to use the new equations.  I also set it up to use custom column headers so you can easily tell which column is which.  So if you don't want to copy/paste them yourself, you can just grab the new config.ini file and replace your existing one.  Before you download it, rename or move your old config.ini file in case you need to switch back to it.

Thanks for the copy/paste format Bob!  

10/27/2013 11:44 PM
Great Work
10/28/2013 12:06 PM
Bump
11/1/2013 3:51 AM
Bump for those asking about formulas
11/7/2013 2:04 AM
Thanks for sharing your talents and abilities for the 'masses'.
James

11/7/2013 5:04 AM
I especially like the new feature of the reports:  if coach = harriswb3, then recruit class = #1

Thanks Bob...could not have done it without you (had a QB and a Kicker in the class....kiss of death under the old system of ranking)  And I see that OL now are the top rated players pretty much across the board.  Yaaaayyy for the big guys!!

11/7/2013 8:00 AM
Bob...have these changed since they were originally posted?
11/7/2013 1:42 PM
There was an earlier post that had preliminary numbers, and these have changed since then, but they haven't changed since this thread was originally posted.
11/7/2013 1:49 PM
With the new engine, should gpa or formation iq now now weight in the formulas?
11/9/2013 10:43 AM
There are several problems with trying to incorporate formation IQ and GPA.

1) The effects of formation IQ and GPA aren't really understood yet in the new engine, so it's hard to weight them properly.  Although the same thing is fundamentally true with attributes - we're still learning what's important in the new engine - the approach to attributes isn't all that different from before.
2) I have no idea which formations you are going to use.  Having to include all of the formations waters down the ratings too much.  I suppose I could have a rating that includes only the IQ for one formation, thus leading to six different ratings for each position role - that's just overkill.
3) The utility that yatzr wrote for me doesn't pull that data right now anyway.  While I'm sure he would be willing to re-write it so that it does pull the data, I don't know how much effort that would entail.

11/9/2013 11:34 AM
bump until I get off my lazy butt to update the formulas page.
11/11/2013 5:38 AM
bumping

11/16/2013 6:29 PM
I would reconsider the formula for punters. Strength seems to be a much bigger factor as evidenced by how much the AVG has gone down in a lot of players from previous seasons.
11/16/2013 7:18 PM
◂ Prev 12
Final (for now at least) GUESS formulas for 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.