The tackle was at the 22, and the penalty was enforced after the play; for some reason, the 15 yard penalty on the 22 was "half the amount of the penalty" rather than the full 15 yards, as it should been, or even "half the distance to the goal line" which would have been to the 11. There is an issue to be fixed.
11/7/2013 4:48 PM
Doesn't look like they have fixed much yet.
11/7/2013 11:05 PM
More phantom scoring in today's games. Play at end of summary adds points that do not appear in final score!
http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=4485042
11/8/2013 7:41 PM
1st and Goal on the 4:

Defense lines up for a run. Don Smith takes the handoff and rushes wide. Smith gets to the line. Smith breaks a tackle by Tackler and runs into the end zone. 4 yards gain. PENALTY on TU, Facemask, 2 yards, enforced at TU 2.

The offense was so confident it declined the TD and decided to start over from the 2. They did score on the next play, however. And that 'Tackler' guy is all over the field!

11/9/2013 8:18 AM
But if you notice...your boy "Tackler" is apparently not staying home in his position....and he gives up a boatload of scores.....
11/9/2013 10:01 AM
Opposing team accepts a penalty that is worse than allowing the play.  They gain 14 yards on a pass but accept a 10 yard penalty instead.  Both result in a first down and stopping the clock is not an issue.  They chose to lose 4 yards for no reason.
6:21 Own 31 3rd & 10   OFF: I-Formation    DEF: 4-3

Defense lines up for a run. John Thompson takes the snap and drops back to pass. The defense has heavy pressure on Thompson. Thompson rolls out of the pocket. The defense has heavy pressure on Thompson. Thompson throws to Young (Conklin) at the WC 41 (Medium). Young makes the catch. Robinson gets a hand on Young to bring him down at the WC 45. 14 yard gain. PENALTY on KC, Defensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WC 41.

14 7
5:52 Own 41 1st & 10
11/9/2013 4:15 PM
Shouldn't penalties been worked out 2 months ago in Beta?

Also I have yet to see an injury during 3.0. Has anyone had injuries on any of their teams since 3.0 rolled?

11/9/2013 5:15 PM
I had a problem where Defensive Pass Interference was a 3 yard penalty instead of the 15 yards it should be in college. The ball was on my Own 44 so it wasn't a case of half the distance to the goal.
11/9/2013 5:57 PM
In case this hasn't been mentioned recently, pass depth needs to be added to basic play-by-play.
11/10/2013 4:42 PM
I'm unable to create or save new formations, in IE or firefox or safari. All attempts lead to a "requested file was not found." Evidently I'm doing something wrong at a very basic level. Any advice?
11/11/2013 12:18 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 11/9/2013 8:18:00 AM (view original):
1st and Goal on the 4:

Defense lines up for a run. Don Smith takes the handoff and rushes wide. Smith gets to the line. Smith breaks a tackle by Tackler and runs into the end zone. 4 yards gain. PENALTY on TU, Facemask, 2 yards, enforced at TU 2.

The offense was so confident it declined the TD and decided to start over from the 2. They did score on the next play, however. And that 'Tackler' guy is all over the field!

This happened to me too.  1st and Goal on the 4 as well: 

Defense lines up for a run. Frank Flowers takes the handoff and rushes inside. Flowers breaks a tackle by Tackler and runs into the end zone. 4 yards gain. PENALTY on MC, Defensive Holding, 2 yards, enforced at MC 2.

It took 3 plays later for us to actually score.  Would have been ****** if we didn't!  Need to fix this penalty bug ASAP! 

11/11/2013 6:02 PM
Bump for more review. Thought this might be the last one but I may need a Known Problems VI soon.
11/12/2013 12:26 PM
Posted by zsap on 11/9/2013 5:57:00 PM (view original):
I had a problem where Defensive Pass Interference was a 3 yard penalty instead of the 15 yards it should be in college. The ball was on my Own 44 so it wasn't a case of half the distance to the goal.
PI in college is a spot foul, not 15 yards, if the foul occurs less than 15 yards downfield.
11/12/2013 1:41 PM
Only serious problem I see, with the 4 good teams I'm looking at, is yards per completion is too low.  WR's averaging about 9 or 10, TE's about 5 or 6, RBs about 4 or 5 per catch, which after you factor in a long completion or two here and there means there are a lot of small gains on pass completions.  Tried several settings, but not seeing a differential in any of them. 
11/12/2013 2:47 PM
Totally agree
11/12/2013 6:51 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.