Guaranteed Starting Spot - Sophomore - Accepted Topic

Does that mean anything in Gridiron? In hoops it would mean I was in the lead in a head to head battle.   
10/29/2013 12:20 AM
Means nothing if you're battling but it does give you a boost in the battle only the phone calls give you an idea of how you're doing in the battle.
10/29/2013 1:02 AM
That is BS because I have gotten phone replys saying just say the word and I'm there only to lose.
10/29/2013 2:57 AM
Letters and phone calls can SOMETIMES give you some clue as to which way a recruit is leaning, but in my experience, they aren't reliable.  The only reliable thing you get from a recruit is the post-signings email.
10/29/2013 7:37 AM
im pretty sure the recruit accepts "all" starting or PT offers from each school not just one....or else id have a ton of recruits ;-)
10/29/2013 12:19 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/29/2013 7:37:00 AM (view original):
Letters and phone calls can SOMETIMES give you some clue as to which way a recruit is leaning, but in my experience, they aren't reliable.  The only reliable thing you get from a recruit is the post-signings email.
60% of the time it works every time.
10/29/2013 12:54 PM
I think it's right more like 90% of the time but who knows there could be a reason I have a higher winning percentage than all of you guys ;)
10/29/2013 2:03 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 10/29/2013 2:03:00 PM (view original):
I think it's right more like 90% of the time but who knows there could be a reason I have a higher winning percentage than all of you guys ;)
You missed the pop culture reference.  And you're wrong about 90%.

You also don't have a higher winning%, and you haven't even played when competition was stiff.  One NC?  All that time and you only have 1 NC.  

Let's see you put your money where your mouth is.  10 seasons to the winner of a 7 game series starting in season 4 of the new engine in Yost.  That will give me time to shed the SIMs.  You'll have a vision advantage the whole way since you're already established.  Now that we're already in the same world, I don't see why you would back out like you did the last time.

You have the mouth, do you have the game to back it up?

10/29/2013 2:53 PM (edited)
Gauntlet Laid...
10/29/2013 4:30 PM
Anybody want in on a side bet?  I'll take slid64er ...
10/29/2013 5:23 PM
I'm disappointed in the lack of response.  Perhaps I need to start a new topic so the challenge won't be missed.
10/30/2013 12:14 PM
Do it. Can't wait for jfootball to actually have to put up or shut up for once.
10/30/2013 12:47 PM
@Slider congratulations you've officially made various excuses as to why you can't compete or beat me.  I'll play you every season from now on no point in betting as there's no possible way for me to know you'll man up and pay me when you lose. I remember  a fellow named....Babcick that's his name who did a similar challenge after which his record stands at 2-8 or 2-7 vs me anyhow it will fair the same for you. I've sent you a request to play next season accept it if you want to get your a$$ kicked or bow out like I expect you too. There's a reason I went to 3 straight NC games in Yost with a sh*tty engine and I'll be back there again this year.

@ mb625-Who are you ? I must have beaten you like most of my non conference schedule 75-10 so you must have a bad taste in your mouth it would explain why your breathe smells like gum. Or Gum with a C as the first intial....B*tch (keep talking sh*t I'll try to remember who you are but you're so insignificant I can't recall at the moment)

10/31/2013 1:50 AM
jfootball88, you certainly have a way of stirring the pot.

10/31/2013 9:12 AM
slid64er only has 34 national championships. ONLY 34! Imagine how many slid64er would have if he weren't afraid of playing TOUGH COMPETITION like in, you know, all those cc and playoff games slid64er has won. jfootball is up to 2 national championships now, but those two are worth 10 times what slid64er's are worth, so that gives jfootball 20 championships to.....jfootball's are worth 15 times what slid64er's are worth which gives jfootball 30...... jfootball's titles are worth 20 times what slid64er's are worth....

This is like listening to a good high school QB getting recruited by, say, Valdosta St and West Alabama, telling Aaron Rodgers that he does not know a damn thing about playing QB in a passing offense.
10/31/2013 9:35 AM
12 Next ▸
Guaranteed Starting Spot - Sophomore - Accepted Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.