GUESS 3.0 Leahy Reporting Day (and updates) Topic

tangocbear's problem was fixed by a router reboot.   Bumping the thread due to Yost and Bryant recruits reporting.  
11/3/2013 1:05 AM
It looks great!
11/3/2013 2:10 AM
On Yost, the full roster and recruit rankings were entered in the opposite category.
11/3/2013 4:28 PM
Posted by citizenkane on 11/3/2013 4:28:00 PM (view original):
On Yost, the full roster and recruit rankings were entered in the opposite category.
I'm not sure what you mean by this?  Are you saying the recruit class page and the full roster page are swapped?  Because they're not.   The RRV, which is used for the ranking order might be higher on the recruit page (it is for D1-AA, for sure) but that's because Massachusetts picked up a lot of top-10 players at their position.  The AVERAGE rating for players is higher on the full roster page than it is on the recruit page, which is as expected.

If that's not what you are saying, I need to know exactly where you are seeing this.

11/3/2013 6:42 PM
On the recruit class rankings, it doesn't go by recruit ranks, but by roster rank instead.
11/3/2013 8:09 PM
Are you talking about the first column of numbers called "Roster Value Ratings" ?   That's *supposed* to be the order, I may need to do a better job of explaining what that is.  Or at least re-label the column to show that it's for recruits only.

11/3/2013 8:37 PM
Oh, ok. Sorry for the mixup.
11/3/2013 9:40 PM
No, thank you for bringing it up.  I'll change the column header so it's less confusing.
11/3/2013 11:14 PM
Bump for Wilkinson / Dobie Reporting Day
11/7/2013 2:03 AM
Love it Bob.....you are AWESOME!!

11/7/2013 8:06 AM
Great stuff as always Bob.

Not to create work for you or anyone else, but a question popped to mind as I clicked through the reports today - do you keep data on individual players from one season to the next? It would be interesting to analyze it, both from a "fun" perspective (most improved player awards and the like) and from a gameplay perspective (better forecasting of a player's development curve would yield insight into evaluating him as a recruit). I've tried at times to map that for my teams, but being able to track all of the players in a world would bring a whole new level of rigor to the question.

11/7/2013 12:38 PM
I have all the data, but right now it's in different databases, and the various fields are different.  However, I'm working on a spreadsheet that will take the last 4 seasons from a world, massage the data, and upload it to the new database so the previous players are there.

Once that's complete, you'll be able to click on a player name when looking at the team's full roster, and see that player's history.

11/7/2013 1:38 PM
Very cool. Thank you.
11/7/2013 1:50 PM
bumping for Leahy reporting day
11/11/2013 5:39 AM
◂ Prev 123
GUESS 3.0 Leahy Reporting Day (and updates) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.