World Merger Information Topic

Dear HBD Owners,

Every now and then, we run into a situation where it takes longer to fill worlds than usual. We are always running small marketing campaigns and ramp up at certain peak times (such as after MLB World Series concludes). But there may reach a point where you, as owners, don't want to wait any longer to fill your world.

Merging multiple worlds is an option. We can merge any number of worlds into one. It takes some effort on behalf of the owners to reach a point where a merger is possible, but it happens. Today, the Joey Belle and Regulars worlds merged.

Here's what's needed to merge worlds:
  • Need exactly 32 owners of franchises willing to move from predefined set of worlds
  • Need near unanimous approval from owners in worlds considering the merge that a merger is desired
  • Need even alignment across two leagues and four divisions. This includes making sure cities are eligible for the region.
  • New commissioner to run the merger and world after merger
  • Communication with Customer Support via this commissioner
Once all of the above is met, it can take up to a week for the merger to occur as it takes dev team approximately 3 hours to complete the merger.

When worlds merge, all current information is carried over.  Players, coaches, contracts, rosters, budgets, etc. However, all historical data is lost. That's the big pill to swallow - historical data can no longer be accessed.

We wanted to toss this topic out today since a merger is fresh in our mind and because there are a few private worlds needing 10+ owners at the moment.

We'll be ramping up HBD marketing across FOX now that the World Series is over, so this may not be needed but we wanted to out it out as an option to all.

Thank you

11/1/2013 10:53 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I look thru the suggestions forum and see garbage.    Other than a few tweaks to scouting/coach hiring, I'm not sure there's much to improve.  Do you have something specific in mind?   If you do, you could probably post it in the SUGGESTIONS forum.   Or maybe send a ticket.   I believe this was simply meant to be an informational thread not an indictment on what they are/aren't doing.

Anyway, my point, that you clearly don't understand, is that I wouldn't bother informing customers of anything if the very first response is "Yeah, what else are you doing?"   You're the kid who was given a bag of Skittles last night and then asked if you could have a bag of M&Ms too.
11/1/2013 12:46 PM
"If you do, you could probably post it in the SUGGESTIONS forum."   

LMAO.  That's funny.  Remember a year+ ago when they asked for updates on what they want fixed, and they fixed a few minor things?  I think many people basically said "um...you have a suggestions forum.  Look at that?"

And yea, simplifying coach hiring and fixing how the HOF works are 2 that a lot of people care about.  Maybe some advanced scouting edits.  I feel like some of this stuff was actually addressed with "you'll see an update soon" years ago.
11/1/2013 12:59 PM
Posted by deathinahole on 11/1/2013 12:29:00 PM (view original):
If only there was a place to communicate directly with Customer Support. We could submit requests...let's call them "tickets"...and they could log such requests, possibly by number, and respond based on priority
hehehe
11/1/2013 1:03 PM

So you think posting here will change that?

As I said, the very first response in this thread is why they don't bother responding in the forums.

11/1/2013 1:05 PM
Maybe? You got admin here in the forums today.  I'm confident that doesn't happen often.  Now that there's a chance they might have our attention, I'm going to ask when they're going to update the game.  You know, squeaky wheel.

And you're saying they're more likely to respond in the forums when nobody responds to them? What?

I'd also argue that if you said nothing to MY response, tz would be more likely to actually respond.  But you needed to make it a "look at the stupid people asking for a better game" thread.

11/1/2013 1:15 PM
Maybe?  No. 

Why are you confident that they're not here more often?   Because they don't post?   Do you still not understand what I'm saying?

I'd argue that, if I said nothing, more people would be making posts similar to yours.    I asked you for specifics to making a "better game".   I'm still waiting.
11/1/2013 1:18 PM
So if posting in this thread does nothing, why do you care so much?

Do you really want me to go through the specifics of fixing coach hiring/HOF/advanced scouting again?  Admin knows these are issues, they've been asked to fixed them ad nauseam, and they've said that these things will be looked at, and at the very least, tweaked, for years now.

11/1/2013 1:22 PM

Sorry, skipped over "And you're saying they're more likely to respond in the forums when nobody responds to them? What?"    No, I'm saying they posted information on how worlds can/will be merged and the particulars of doing so.    I don't see any "Anything else, guys?" in the initial post.  Do you?

11/1/2013 1:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/1/2013 1:24:00 PM (view original):

Sorry, skipped over "And you're saying they're more likely to respond in the forums when nobody responds to them? What?"    No, I'm saying they posted information on how worlds can/will be merged and the particulars of doing so.    I don't see any "Anything else, guys?" in the initial post.  Do you?

Sorry, I didn't realize I'm not allowed to speak to King TZ unless he tells me I can.
11/1/2013 1:25 PM
"I'd argue that, if I said nothing, more people would be making posts similar to yours."

Yea, I'd say that might be a good thing.  You know, squeaky wheel.  Maybe TZ thinks "****, maybe we should actually fix some of this stuff we've been saying we'll address."
11/1/2013 1:26 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 11/1/2013 1:22:00 PM (view original):
So if posting in this thread does nothing, why do you care so much?

Do you really want me to go through the specifics of fixing coach hiring/HOF/advanced scouting again?  Admin knows these are issues, they've been asked to fixed them ad nauseam, and they've said that these things will be looked at, and at the very least, tweaked, for years now.

Business owner in me(which makes me part of customer service). 

When you do something right/good, there's a very good chance that no one will notice.   Screw something up and you hear about it ad nauseum.   In this particular case, I think WifS went out of their way to placate a small portion of their customer base.   That's a good thing.   And the first response is "Yeah, what else?"    That annoyed me and I believe it's stuff like that which leads to a lack of Site Staff "presence" in the forums.  
11/1/2013 1:32 PM
Should my first post have been "thank you?"

I work in sales, so that makes me part of customer service too.  Good customer service is the opposite of running away from the forums, which is what you're justifying.  It's having MORE of a presence, and being transparent as much as you can without hurting the business.  If there was something posted in the suggestions forum, or this forum, like...

"Guys, I know we haven't been around as much as we had been in the past for a variety of reasons, and we're working to correct that.  You'll see a better presence in the future and continuing improvements to HBD."

...and they follow through and DO have more of a presence, then you'd have less persistence and questions that make you want to run away.  Instead, you're arguing they should continue to run away from those who love this game and want it to be better, because I'm annoying to them.  Especially when admin has said that they will address the more pressing issues over the years, and they haven't done it.
11/1/2013 1:51 PM
No idea if a "first post" was even necessary.   As I said, I think it was for "information only".   I was a little surprised that we could post.

I don't think they're running away from anything.  They've just acknowledged the pointlessness of posting in the forums by not doing so.

And the "squeaky wheel theory" is a fallacy.    I'd say it's more "boy who cried wolf".
11/1/2013 1:55 PM
1234 Next ▸
World Merger Information Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.