Iba D2 Season 68 Topic

Absolutely outstanding stuff.  I think Limestone's run ends tonight.  I'd like to try some fancy game planning, but I ended up darn near suicidal and in a psych hospital after I looked at the guards from Hillsdale.  we'll see what I can do when the staff isn't looking…..
12/11/2013 9:59 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 12/11/2013 9:59:00 PM (view original):
Absolutely outstanding stuff.  I think Limestone's run ends tonight.  I'd like to try some fancy game planning, but I ended up darn near suicidal and in a psych hospital after I looked at the guards from Hillsdale.  we'll see what I can do when the staff isn't looking…..
Hillsdale beat me in OT. Very strong team.
12/11/2013 10:16 PM
Great stuff as always Bbunch.  Just one minor bit of info regarding Parkside.  We actually don't have anyone on our roster from the state of Wisconsin.  All "foreigners" so to speak.  And, yes, they do have quite a difficult time putting the ball in the basket.

Very (strong emphasis on *very*) quick picks for tonight's winners:  Seattle, Dominican, St. Edward's, Hillsdale, Longwood, Pfeiffer, Ouachita Baptist, and I reserve the right not to have to pick a winner in my game.  Oh, okay, I'll stick with my guys (so far anyway):  Parkside to round out the Elite Eight.  Some very nice matchups tonight. 

In scanning through quickly, I didn't really see that ONE TEAM, the one who really just stands out.  There are a couple left who are a bit ahead of the rest, but not that one dominant team who would seem to make the remainder of the tournament a formality.  Pretty wide open I think.
12/11/2013 10:29 PM (edited)
Thanks for the mention of S. Dakota State. In short, there is indeed a criminal statute for shooting 3's in the state. I'll keep flying under the radar for now, but I think the word is out. Good luck everyone as i enjoy the ride.
12/12/2013 9:42 AM
well, Limestone goes down - not really surprising.  some great teams left.  too busy today to look at things.   those are some of the baddest a$$ guards I have come up against in awhile, on the Hillsdale team.  bbunch often has players like that - it will be interesting to see how much farther Hillsdale can go with such a young front line.  I really like Longwood and Pfeiffer this year too - obviously I am hoping a conference mate can win it all to keep the National Title in the CVAC.
12/12/2013 9:57 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 12/12/2013 9:57:00 PM (view original):
well, Limestone goes down - not really surprising.  some great teams left.  too busy today to look at things.   those are some of the baddest a$$ guards I have come up against in awhile, on the Hillsdale team.  bbunch often has players like that - it will be interesting to see how much farther Hillsdale can go with such a young front line.  I really like Longwood and Pfeiffer this year too - obviously I am hoping a conference mate can win it all to keep the National Title in the CVAC.
yeah - we don't have those kind of guards this season, though. What we do have is depth and balanced scoring. It's a different kind of good Longwood team this season - we kind of deviated from the usual formula for my teams (2 or so great guards and everyone else plays crazy good defense) - this season everyone plays moderately good defense and we have guys that can score from inside and out. Not my most talented team, but maybe my most balanced. 

Pfieffer and Hillsdale have phenomenally talented backcourts. And we're running into the best defensive and most athletic team in DII in Parkside tonight. Sonoma St.'s and St. Eds also play some really good defense. Then there's those two 15 seeds still somehow hanging around. A very interesting elite 8. 

Oh and congrats on a great run, brian - with that many freshmen, it's impressive that you got to the sweet 16, after those 2 national titles. 

12/12/2013 10:31 PM (edited)
Pfieffer vs. Longwood in the final 4!!! 
(maybe this is kind of like Duke/UNC meeting up in the final 4 in real life). We already have quite a rivalry, and split our regular season games. 

Also, kudos to Stanislaus and Hillsdale. Hillsdale got a tough win over a gritty St. Ed's team.

Does anyone ever remember a 15 seed getting to the final 4 before? I sure don't. 

12/13/2013 11:06 AM
The Longwood/Pfieffer game was a nice scroll. Pfieffer missed a shot at the buzzer in both regulation and 1OT that would've won it. 

We have a Yarnell final now. Longwood vs Hillsdale
12/14/2013 11:13 AM
Good luck bbunch. I'd like to say I beat the champ on his home floor. ( Because its all about me.)
12/14/2013 8:05 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Iba D2 Season 68 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.