Leaving Less than 20 players on ML roster Topic

I think back to what (I think) Mike said in an earlier thread: if you can compete for the playoffs this year, then why keep guys that can help you win at AAA for the first 20 games (10 of which are against division rivals), just to get one more year out of them 10 years down the road?

Maybe you don't plan to contend this year, but if you do, I'd bring them up. In the case of position players, I'd say only surefire future Hall of Famers are worth getting the extra season down the road. Especially since you're going to have another 10 seasons of draft picks to develop while you wait for these 8 guys to hit free agency.
11/5/2013 3:30 PM
I said it.  I think holding 1/3 of your roster back 20 games, 1/8th of your season, is extra dumb but I've accepted that those intent on playing the "I'll have these guys on my team in August 2016" game aren't going to listen. 
11/5/2013 4:07 PM
WIS may not even still be around in August 2016.  So it's probably not the best thought-out strategy when you put it in that context.
11/5/2013 4:32 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by crickett13 on 11/4/2013 2:15:00 PM (view original):
If you really want to (I wouldn't do what your doing)you have to have at least 20.  You could always sign guys who were previously cut to have on your ML roster and then when the time came you could promote your AAA players and then cut those guys or send them down. Then at least it would look like you were not tanking.

I will say that if your world has no objection to you starting the season with 20 ML players let me know so I never ever join that world.
Well, it's not a league who would check those sorts of things, because it assumes its owners are not tanking.  It has now been warned.
11/7/2013 5:20 PM
◂ Prev 12
Leaving Less than 20 players on ML roster Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.