Worst human being Topic

David Cornwell’s statement regarding Jonathan Martin

Jonathan Martin’s toughness is not at issue. Jonathan has started every game with the Miami Dolphins since he was drafted in 2012. At Stanford, he was the anchor for Jim Harbaugh’s “smash mouth” brand of football and he protected Andrew Luck’s blind side.

The issue is Jonathan’s treatment by his teammates.  Jonathan endured harassment that went far beyond the traditional locker room hazing.  For the entire season-and-a-half that he was with the Dolphins, he attempted to befriend the same teammates who subjected him to the abuse with the hope that doing so would end the harassment.  This is a textbook reaction of victims of bullying.  Despite these efforts, the taunting continued.  Beyond the well-publicized voice mail with its racial epithet, Jonathan endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate, and daily vulgar comments such as the quote at the bottom.  These facts are not in dispute.

Eventually, Jonathan made a difficult choice. Despite his love for football, Jonathan left the Dolphins. Jonathan looks forward to getting back to playing football. In the meantime, he will cooperate fully with the NFL investigation.

Quote from teammate: “We are going to run train on your sister. . . . She loves me. I am going to f–k her without a condom and c– in her c—.”

11/8/2013 8:27 AM
With all the talk about Martin's "toughness", one thing I have not heard at all about him is how he was regarded as a player . . . was he getting the job done on the field?
11/8/2013 8:53 AM
From what I understand, not really.  He's a guard playing tackle, and not that well.

I am surprised, even though it's a small percentage, that people think Incognito is a worse person than someone who fights, beats, electrocutes and drowns dogs for years and years, but maybe that's just me.

11/8/2013 9:18 AM
He was moved from RT to LT due to Long's departure.   LT is considered the toughest OL position because he's protecting the QB's blindside.   And, no, he wasn't adjusting to the new position very well.

As for the vote, yes, people are stupid. 
11/8/2013 9:28 AM
Although, to be fair, Incognito has a rep that he's certainly earned.   If you look beyond this specific incident, I can see why folks who have no "attachment" to animals, other than eating them, would consider him a worse person. 
11/8/2013 9:34 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2013 10:07:00 AM (view original):

Leonard Little but I don't think he's in the NFL.   Donte Stallworth also killed a man  with a DUI but I think he's also out.

I voted Vick, which should come as no surprise, for a couple of reasons.   The 2nd woman who accused Rapelisberger was still legally ********* when she filled out the police report some 4-5 hours later.  While I have no doubt she said "No" at some point, I'm not sure she knew when she said it.   One of my rules of life is "Don't put yourself in a situation".   I don't really recall the first instance but, when you have multiple rape charges, you probably ought to re-evaluate your "dating" style.    If nothing else, I can say "Ben made a bad decision in the moment."

Vick made a bad decision hundreds, if not thousands, of times over many years.    There's just something inherently evil about torturing an inferior species for years on end.  While I wouldn't give him a pass for running/funding a dogfighting ring, I'd think a little more of him if he put a bullet in the brain of the "bad" dogs as opposed to hanging, drowning, electrocuting and slamming them into the ground to put them down.

The first instance for Big Ben was a Vegas hotel room when some hotel worker came up to fix his TV and he put the moves on her, which she allegedly resisted, etc.

I'm willing to accept that Vick has changed - and I say that as a huge dog person. What Vick did was despicable, but it's not a stretch to believe his explanation that he was ignorant and that was part of the culture he was raised to believe was okay. I don't sense he's truly a bad person, on a Hernandez level, or a dick of Incognito proportions. Not to mention a) a lot of very reputable people (Reid, Dungy, etc.) have vouched for Vick, b) he's done a crazy amount of public service since he got out of jail, and c) he hasn't had anything remotely close to a relapse or serious allegations against him. There's nothing to suggest he hasn't changed, but again, I totally get if people refuse to accept that.

I just would not put him ahead of the other guys on that list, except Riley - I think Riley is just a punk who got caught running his mouth while drunk. That's not really evidence of a bad human being.
11/11/2013 6:04 PM
She's suing him for something that allegedly happened well before the whole dogfighting scandal. Weak poke attempt, as even a troll like you is well aware that has zero bearing on his "post-prison" reputation.
11/11/2013 11:04 PM
Just saying knowingly giving someone a STD is an indication of a "bad person" or "dick of Incognito proportions". 

And there are plenty of other brushes with the law in his past.     It's idiotic to say "He's done a lot of community service.  I think he's changed" if you don't know the whole history.  Like Incognito, he's made plenty of dick moves.
11/12/2013 8:06 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/12/2013 8:06:00 AM (view original):
Just saying knowingly giving someone a STD is an indication of a "bad person" or "dick of Incognito proportions". 

And there are plenty of other brushes with the law in his past.     It's idiotic to say "He's done a lot of community service.  I think he's changed" if you don't know the whole history.  Like Incognito, he's made plenty of dick moves.
I'm pretty sure I gave 3 reasons - I didn't just say "he dun talked to high school kids, he a changed man!!" I trust the judgment of people who have vouched for him. He may very well have been an ******* in his past, but that's not evidence he's still that way now. Could he be? Sure. But there's plenty of evidence to suggest a change.
11/12/2013 8:12 AM

Do you recall the birthday party he held shortly after getting out of jail?   You know, the one where someone was shot?   The guy he was arguing with before he got shot?

11/12/2013 8:23 AM
 Is JP Patches some Asian who eats dogs... Vick is a Fuckin dirt bag who should should be shot in the head and  you can spread all his brain matter on your won ton soup , ...Fagg0t....stick to eating sea urchins or the  **** of your parrot..every week he plays im hoping for a theisman type injury but 10 times worse...
11/23/2013 1:12 AM
I'd like to note that the whole "bullying" issue went away as quickly as it came.  That's why the NFL is the NFL.   Next time you hear anything about it will be March.  The only non-NFL month on the calendar.

Know when the A-Rod suspension will come up again?   Spring training.   When everyone should be getting excited for baseball, MLB will drag that **** out of the closet and that will be the story.
12/30/2013 3:05 PM
Rice probably gets a lot of votes today.
9/8/2014 2:42 PM
How long before he ends up a Raider?
9/8/2014 2:45 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Worst human being Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.