How can I lose 7 games in a row to a inferior team Topic

Posted by metsmaniac2 on 11/7/2013 9:09:00 PM (view original):

Good enough for me.

Mike why don't you go accomplish something outside of WIS.   Maybe you wont be such a douche.  Or maybe you tried and failed and that is why you are one?

Douchery runs in my family.   It's a handicap.    You have been reported for mocking a handicapped person.
11/8/2013 8:06 AM
pwn3d
11/8/2013 8:28 AM
If you come to the forums and complain that the sim isn't working the way you want it to, or that something is "BS" you're generally going to get mocked.  It has happened to me too.
11/8/2013 9:22 AM
If you post about something happening far more often than it should, you can generate positive discussion about the sim — "In looking at a dozen seasons I've found weaker teams sweeping 7-game series 15% of the time when statistically it should be 3%," that's contributing to understanding of the sim and possibly discovering a flaw in the program. It can prompt others to do more research and see whether it's an anomaly or really an issue.

If you come to the forums and complain about results without understanding the underlying chances of something happening (i.e. basic probability) — "my team/player got hosed, therefore the sim is broken," then yeah, you'll be mocked. Especially if the first few responses include examples refuting your argument and you disagree with them because they are not what you wanted to hear.
11/8/2013 1:12 PM
◂ Prev 12
How can I lose 7 games in a row to a inferior team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.