Depressing Thoughts Topic

You know its depressing when you look at your teams and they all lost. 
Also depressing when one of them was throwing a no hitter and gets pulled with 2 out in the ninth only to have the bullpen implode and blow the game.
sigh
long day
needed to vent
11/11/2013 7:57 PM
I mostly play progs and find that sometimes my teams all seem to be in the midst of rebuilding phases at the same time.  Day after day of getting trounced, and knowing that in some cases it's going to take a season or two to turn it around.

Mostly on the upswing now, but I see signs that two of my favourite squads are both going to sewer in about 3 seasons time.
11/12/2013 12:54 PM
I had a few teams in the AM cycle blow late leads, but I suppose if I had to pick the most painful boxscore to read, it would be this one:
11/12/2013 1:00 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
It's not a Believe It or Don't!

It's a Read It and Weep!
11/12/2013 1:22 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
...no, Thomas Sowell
11/12/2013 6:22 PM
I find higher cap leagues say, say over $120 mil cap, to be somewhat frustrating. It seems that at this level of play luck is much more of a factor. I recently started a season 1-9 and 8 of my losses were by 1 run. This tells me the league is pretty competitive and that my team isn't bad since it could have easily won many of those games. Still, frustrating nonetheless. Hopefully over the course of the season I'll win as many of those games as I've already lost.
11/14/2013 5:05 AM
hows this for depressing, two straight leagues where i am battling for the widcard after only 20 games!!!! both leagues the team with the best record is in my division one started 75-23 the other 48-16 what luck.
11/14/2013 9:30 AM
Depressed is; when the company you work for moves to another state & you find out the Friday before they leave, when your wife leaves you for the music teacher at an all boys school-who is still a bachelor at 58, when your dog uses your leg as a fire hydrant, when Buddy Biancalana pinch hits for you, when your 13 year old daughter comes out of her room, removes her sunglasses & greets you "S'up Dog", when you catch the band you play with auditioning new lead singers, when you actually read the restraining order, when John McDonald pinch hits for you, when you find yourself caring about the Kardashians, when your sump pump fails in the middle of a torrential downpour & you are sleeping, when you can't stand the way you smell, when Miguel Cabrera comes in as your defensive replacement, when you go on a golf trip with friends & no one else show up, when you discover Doug Flutie is taller than you & Chris Farley is slimmer, when you meet your prospective in-laws for the first time in a fine dining restaurant & you get tossed out for being drunk, when you are on a first date & your date says "I've got something to show you", when '02 Paul Abbott relieves you, when your Ted Barrett & Earl Weaver calls you to ask why you didn't run Puig, when you find out your health care plan doesn't cover those types of STD's, when Bill Abstein pinch hits for you, when your realize that the new roof you had installed last year only had a 90 day guarantee, when you open the fridge & only see Genny Cream Ale, when your boss says the words "different direction". These are the times to get depressed not when your looking at your WIS teams.
11/14/2013 9:50 AM
RBack, certainly those life moments are quite depressing. I think in the realms of the Sim universe we were focusing on aspects of this game that are a little disappointing.  How about you and me go get some Silver Patron on the rocks and leave such garbage in the past? :-)
11/14/2013 11:32 AM
Posted by rback on 11/14/2013 9:50:00 AM (view original):
Depressed is; when the company you work for moves to another state & you find out the Friday before they leave, when your wife leaves you for the music teacher at an all boys school-who is still a bachelor at 58, when your dog uses your leg as a fire hydrant, when Buddy Biancalana pinch hits for you, when your 13 year old daughter comes out of her room, removes her sunglasses & greets you "S'up Dog", when you catch the band you play with auditioning new lead singers, when you actually read the restraining order, when John McDonald pinch hits for you, when you find yourself caring about the Kardashians, when your sump pump fails in the middle of a torrential downpour & you are sleeping, when you can't stand the way you smell, when Miguel Cabrera comes in as your defensive replacement, when you go on a golf trip with friends & no one else show up, when you discover Doug Flutie is taller than you & Chris Farley is slimmer, when you meet your prospective in-laws for the first time in a fine dining restaurant & you get tossed out for being drunk, when you are on a first date & your date says "I've got something to show you", when '02 Paul Abbott relieves you, when your Ted Barrett & Earl Weaver calls you to ask why you didn't run Puig, when you find out your health care plan doesn't cover those types of STD's, when Bill Abstein pinch hits for you, when your realize that the new roof you had installed last year only had a 90 day guarantee, when you open the fridge & only see Genny Cream Ale, when your boss says the words "different direction". These are the times to get depressed not when your looking at your WIS teams.
I don't know...........but I think this has the makings of being a HIT country music song!
11/14/2013 11:44 AM
Posted by cwillis802 on 11/14/2013 11:32:00 AM (view original):
RBack, certainly those life moments are quite depressing. I think in the realms of the Sim universe we were focusing on aspects of this game that are a little disappointing.  How about you and me go get some Silver Patron on the rocks and leave such garbage in the past? :-)
Deal-I'll be over at 8
11/14/2013 12:57 PM
This is a classic! Well said!
11/14/2013 1:42 PM
Nothing wrong with Genesee Cream Ale!  Rochester, New York.
11/15/2013 4:38 PM
12 Next ▸
Depressing Thoughts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.