Another chuckle for us vets Topic

By the Same token i DESPISE the whining from you Snipers that steal a green recruit half a cycle b4 signing day... we each have things we hate DOnt p*ss in my yard and i wont Sh*t all over urs the very next season after u snipe my Recruits... cuz like Jibe im the Ahole that WILL waste ALL of my recruiting budget to make sure u never even think about spending a dime on a recruit that ive turned green lol.

And to me it dont matter honestly if its 1 cycle in or 100 if i turned him green bak the f*ck off , thers enuf to go around and frankly if ur stealing recruits from ME uve got bigger issues to worry about . Some of us try to recruit with a modicum of respect and honor. for instance i stay away from conf mates rec unless were both on em early thenill fight but if u turned him green ill move on cuz uve clearly put in work what gives me the right to try to destroy what u built up>?
11/21/2013 4:56 PM (edited)
Posted by taladar on 11/21/2013 4:56:00 PM (view original):
By the Same token i DESPISE the whining from you Snipers that steal a green recruit half a cycle b4 signing day... we each have things we hate DOnt p*ss in my yard and i wont Sh*t all over urs the very next season after u snipe my Recruits... cuz like Jibe im the Ahole that WILL waste ALL of my recruiting budget to make sure u never even think about spending a dime on a recruit that ive turned green lol.

And to me it dont matter honestly if its 1 cycle in or 100 if i turned him green bak the f*ck off , thers enuf to go around and frankly if ur stealing recruits from ME uve got bigger issues to worry about . Some of us try to recruit with a modicum of respect and honor. for instance i stay away from conf mates rec unless were both on em early thenill fight but if u turned him green ill move on cuz uve clearly put in work what gives me the right to try to destroy what u built up>?
Good luck with that philosophy;)
11/22/2013 3:33 PM

so, someone who had a couple campus visits rejected should just give up? This is the most patently absurd thing I've seen on these forums.
11/22/2013 4:00 PM

Dude your conf mates are your competition. I don't get your thinking. This is a competition. Conf mates should be the last ones you want to help in recruiting.
11/22/2013 4:18 PM

There is one flaw with this philosophy.... I make a list of recruits that I want before the recruiting cycle starts - these are MY recruits. They are MY recruits whether they turn green to me on the first cycle or the last. If they are green to you - then you are trying to steal MY recruit(s). You are in the wrong and I am obliged to defend MY recruit(s).

If I can't turn MY recruit green by the last cycle - Then he really wasn't (insert MY school name) material and we didn't want him anyway.

--way 
11/22/2013 4:58 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/19/2013 9:38:00 AM (view original):

For the newer coaches, a short story about recruiting and "losing your recruits" to other coaches.

When I first started, I had no idea how to recruit.  Didn't really know what to look for and I was spending a lot of money and getting nothing and had a lot of SIM signings.  On about season 3 or 4, I had been looking and studying and thought I was "ready".  Well, I went out and got a bunch of guys green and I was feeling really good.  Next thing that happens is mfnmyers comes along and turns a couple of guys green to him.

Well, I certainly was not happy, as you can imagine.  However, I actually took it as a compliment...and I sent him a sitemail.  I did not complain...I actually congratulated him and told him that it made me feel "validated", so to speak.  Apparently I was actually looking at the right players.  Otherwise, coaches like him would not be competing with me.  He then responded and gave me a bit of advice which I started using right away and I've done pretty well since then.

So, its all part of the learning process and you can learn something even when you think you are getting "screwed".  

This. This is the proper way to handle it. Harris is one of the most well respected coaches at the moment, and he's spot on here.

If you are a newer coach and you don't run into experienced coaches, aim a little higher. Then, if you do get beat out, shoot them a message and try to glean knowledge from them. Odds are, most are more than happy to help out.

11/22/2013 9:47 PM

This is the funniest posting I've read in a while...  Nice grammar.  Why aren't I surprised that your favorite college is West Virginia???
11/22/2013 10:02 PM
Posted by dream76 on 11/22/2013 10:02:00 PM (view original):

This is the funniest posting I've read in a while...  Nice grammar.  Why aren't I surprised that your favorite college is West Virginia???
Hey...no WV jokes....I resemble that remark.
11/23/2013 8:36 PM
Posted by caesari on 11/22/2013 9:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/19/2013 9:38:00 AM (view original):

For the newer coaches, a short story about recruiting and "losing your recruits" to other coaches.

When I first started, I had no idea how to recruit.  Didn't really know what to look for and I was spending a lot of money and getting nothing and had a lot of SIM signings.  On about season 3 or 4, I had been looking and studying and thought I was "ready".  Well, I went out and got a bunch of guys green and I was feeling really good.  Next thing that happens is mfnmyers comes along and turns a couple of guys green to him.

Well, I certainly was not happy, as you can imagine.  However, I actually took it as a compliment...and I sent him a sitemail.  I did not complain...I actually congratulated him and told him that it made me feel "validated", so to speak.  Apparently I was actually looking at the right players.  Otherwise, coaches like him would not be competing with me.  He then responded and gave me a bit of advice which I started using right away and I've done pretty well since then.

So, its all part of the learning process and you can learn something even when you think you are getting "screwed".  

This. This is the proper way to handle it. Harris is one of the most well respected coaches at the moment, and he's spot on here.

If you are a newer coach and you don't run into experienced coaches, aim a little higher. Then, if you do get beat out, shoot them a message and try to glean knowledge from them. Odds are, most are more than happy to help out.

caesari, your $5 check is in the mail. LOL  Thanks for the compliment, however undeserved.
11/23/2013 8:38 PM
I'll do anything for some greenbacks  I actually am thinking about running an all-one-formation team here soon. Be looking for a sitemail :P
11/24/2013 12:16 AM
Posted by caesari on 11/24/2013 12:16:00 AM (view original):
I'll do anything for some greenbacks  I actually am thinking about running an all-one-formation team here soon. Be looking for a sitemail :P
What a kiss asser
11/24/2013 12:32 AM
HEY What does it solve to insult my intelligence? or my home State/School? ill do things my way u do em your way, Sans insults, and everything will be fine. Specially since to my knowledge none of u all are in my world. 

Oh and if my way of doin things is the most "Patently Absurd" thing ever how did i grab the #13 Recruit class in D1A in my world this season? Mull that over while u think up more ways to insult me and where i live.
11/24/2013 11:05 AM (edited)
Ok I'm at West Virginia in Rockne. We are in recruiting cycle and I have a recruit that is green. He had accepted a freshman start and % playing time. One day before signing one of conference opponents gets in on him (which I'm totally ok with; it's a game) but I've plenty of other guys green so just for grins I drop about 25k more on him to see what would happen. Nothing. My question Is what did the other guy do to turn him? Both schools about the same in ranking. I have tried to get a recruit to switch before but with not much luck. Fire away.
11/24/2013 3:55 PM
Posted by coachb_1 on 11/24/2013 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Ok I'm at West Virginia in Rockne. We are in recruiting cycle and I have a recruit that is green. He had accepted a freshman start and % playing time. One day before signing one of conference opponents gets in on him (which I'm totally ok with; it's a game) but I've plenty of other guys green so just for grins I drop about 25k more on him to see what would happen. Nothing. My question Is what did the other guy do to turn him? Both schools about the same in ranking. I have tried to get a recruit to switch before but with not much luck. Fire away.
Simple. You didn't spend enough on him yet. You may be ahead of you're conference mate but you wont know that until your first cycle. If you spend enough on him he will eventually turn green to only you again.
11/24/2013 7:50 PM
One thing I will never understand is how at Towson I can throw 5 CV's , 5 CV's the next. Turn a guy green. But a middle of the pack D1-A school can in one cycle turn a recruit green for him. Sometimes I feel as if its too easy for D1-A schools to turn my green recruits, into green for them. Thus, not giving me a chance to battle. Happens almost 3-4 times a season. and usually why I end up with no $.

Like posted earlier. I too try to stay away from recruiting battles. I usually dont have the money to do so after I spend CV's and D1-A's hop on. But there are plenty of recruits to go around. Especially when SIMs are signing some decent recruits that just go unnoticed.
11/24/2013 11:40 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Another chuckle for us vets Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.