Exclusive Ownership XLIV RESULTS Topic

I agree with giving pk plenty of time.  I hope he's ok, too.
12/4/2013 5:13 PM
Posted by skunk206 on 12/4/2013 12:00:00 PM (view original):
What do you mean, rock/paper/scissors? 
Well, if the guys in my division have picked up a bunch of deadball era pitchers to nullify my HR power (rock), I'll give up homeruns for higher speed and OBP on my team(paper) Paper covers Rock. But if I'm mistaken, and they have a bunch of modern pitchers with high K and a strong armed catcher to nullify my speed(they choose scissors) and I've given up my hr power for nothing(scissors cuts paper)

For example, I've got Cy Williams on my team. Do I pick his season where he hits .328 with 5 hr/100 ab?. Or .293 with 9 hr/100 ab? I've got a few choices like that.

I just thought that if we laid our cards on the table it would give us a better chance of putting together a competitive team in our division. But obviously no one else likes the idea, so we won't do it. No big deal.
12/5/2013 7:20 AM (edited)
Those are the risks you take, but I don't think anybody else would agree to showing their cards and giving their opponents insights as to how to beat them.  Put your best roster on the field and just win, baby.  Plus, divisions are aligned randomly, so you wouldn't know who you're playing against anyway.
12/5/2013 9:51 AM
Posted by skunk206 on 12/5/2013 9:51:00 AM (view original):
Those are the risks you take, but I don't think anybody else would agree to showing their cards and giving their opponents insights as to how to beat them.  Put your best roster on the field and just win, baby.  Plus, divisions are aligned randomly, so you wouldn't know who you're playing against anyway.
Divisions are not random this time. They're based on your cap.
12/5/2013 2:58 PM
True, not random in the traditional sense this year, but he's still in that big group which doesn't have a set division until final payrolls are done.  At this point, there's still some combo of 12 different teams that could be in his division.
12/5/2013 3:29 PM (edited)
I asked in the SimLeagues forum if anyone knew anything about pfattkatt. Apparently he underwent cataract surgery on 11/29. Other leagues he is in knew this, but I don't remember him saying mentioning to me. I've looked at sitemails from him and there's nothing there.
12/9/2013 2:15 PM
I'm okay with waiting another week if need be.
12/9/2013 2:44 PM
I have received a sitemail from pfattkatt labeled '3rd roster', but with no message. He had problems pasting his 2nd roster also.
12/10/2013 8:50 AM
Pfattkatt is in. Everyone is done except halo and specsman. I will create the league now. Sitemails with the league number should be out in a few minutes. Thanks for your patience everyone.
12/10/2013 10:34 AM
Halo and specsman are done. Frank Biscan and some guy named Milacki were the last two players taken.
12/11/2013 8:56 AM
◂ Prev 12345
Exclusive Ownership XLIV RESULTS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.