On the block 2013 offseason trade targets? Topic

This MLB offseason has a few superstar names that have been rumored to be available. David Price, Tulo, Stanton, Chase Headley and possibly Joey Bats all available it could make for a very interesting offseason. Now i don't expect all these names to be moved but who are you most interested in seeing get moved whether or be to your favourite team or just seeing a great player leave a team you dislike?

David Price i would think is most certainly going to be on the move but the cost of prospects limits the number of the teams. the cards seem to be in on everyone because their strong farm system but their biggest need to for a SS. Rangers , Dodgers and Braves all seem like logical fits as well.

11/19/2013 12:40 PM
Prince Fielder to the Rangers for Ian Kinsler.
11/20/2013 8:42 PM
Castellanos to 3b, Cabrera back to 1st.
11/20/2013 8:44 PM
I think bad_luck has already got Longoria penciled in at third for the Tigers.
11/20/2013 8:45 PM
Prince wants to go somewhere where he can hit 50 bombs again
11/20/2013 9:41 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/20/2013 8:45:00 PM (view original):
I think bad_luck has already got Longoria penciled in at third for the Tigers.
listen we don't need another thread 22 pages long lol
11/20/2013 9:42 PM
even with sending 30 mil to the tigers its still a great deal for the tigers, that is how bad that Fielder deal is. it also improves their D as well assuming they do the smart thing and move Miggy back to 1B
11/20/2013 9:44 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/20/2013 8:42:00 PM (view original):
Great deal for the Tigers.
11/20/2013 10:19 PM
how is Detroit ever going to replace Fielder's post season production?
11/21/2013 12:01 AM
Call Barry Bonds or Joe Thornton.
11/21/2013 7:28 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/20/2013 10:19:00 PM (view original):
How do you figure?  Cabrera's defense at 3rd has been below average, but not nearly as bad as I had anticipated.  It's been acceptable.  What really makes that Detroit lineup intimidating is Cabrera-Fielder-V-Mart back-to-back-to-back in the middle of the order.  In his first season in Detroit Prince OPS'ed .940; last year, in a down year, he OPS'ed .819.  Kinsler has OPS'ed .819+ exactly twice in his 8-year career.  And only in 2010 has he equalled Prince's .362 OBP from 2013.  And oh yeah - Kinsler is older, too.

If I'm a Detroit FAN, I HATE this trade.  I get why the front office would make it, and from a business perspective it may be a fair trade from which both teams benefit.  But from a purely on-field performance perspective, I don't think this helps Detroit at all.

11/21/2013 1:41 PM
It depends what happens next. Having some pop at 2B helps the Tigers, but it depends who they put at 3B, and who they sign with the money they're saving.
11/21/2013 1:44 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/21/2013 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/20/2013 10:19:00 PM (view original):
How do you figure?  Cabrera's defense at 3rd has been below average, but not nearly as bad as I had anticipated.  It's been acceptable.  What really makes that Detroit lineup intimidating is Cabrera-Fielder-V-Mart back-to-back-to-back in the middle of the order.  In his first season in Detroit Prince OPS'ed .940; last year, in a down year, he OPS'ed .819.  Kinsler has OPS'ed .819+ exactly twice in his 8-year career.  And only in 2010 has he equalled Prince's .362 OBP from 2013.  And oh yeah - Kinsler is older, too.

If I'm a Detroit FAN, I HATE this trade.  I get why the front office would make it, and from a business perspective it may be a fair trade from which both teams benefit.  But from a purely on-field performance perspective, I don't think this helps Detroit at all.

Short term it's a lineup upgrade for the Rangers. But Fielder's contract is going to be very bad, very soon. Getting out from under most of that disaster while picking up a guy who should be worth 3ish WAR this year and who will remain useful until the end of the contract seems like a smart move to me.

Allowing Cabrera to go back to first is a side benefit along with having the money to consider extending Scherzer and maybe sign someone like Choo.
11/21/2013 1:50 PM (edited)
I think it's the money saved that makes the deal good.   Did anyone think the 9/214 contract was good?  They got 2 of his likely 4-5 productive years out of him and now they're out from under it.    Fat guys don't hold up well.    Texas is going to look at this deal like they looked at A-Rod's and say "WTF were we thinking?" in a couple of seasons.
11/21/2013 1:50 PM
I don't know that that's true.  Depends if Fielder has a couple of good years for them.  Kinsler has a career .312 OBP and .387 SLG away from Texas.  You think he's really going to make Texas wish they had him back?  Sure, the contract will be dead weight by the end - virtually every big contract ever winds up as an anchor by the end.  Fielder's contract ends after his age 36 season, so he's got a better chance than most to at least remain serviceable throughout the length of the contract, even as a fat guy.  If he has another good season or 3 and Texas makes a few more deep playoff runs, I don't think they'll regret the move at all.
11/21/2013 3:39 PM
12345 Next ▸
On the block 2013 offseason trade targets? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.