McDaniel is the #2 team according to GUESS. So, yeah I'd say he's clearly built a good team. In his conference, only one team is within 3 points of his team. 3 points is significant enough for a 95% win percentage against that team. The rest of the teams in his conference are 7 points or more. 7 points is HUGE.

My team is the #9 team in Dobie. In my conference (ODAC) the closest team to me is 4 full points less. I played a team just recently that I was 7 points better than. Beat them 48-7. One scoring drive. If I played people 7 points lower then me every game, I'd likely have some shutouts too. So, it may be something to the gameplanning, or it may just be that that team is significantly better.

11/20/2013 12:08 AM
nuwildcat's CNU team in dobie is allowing 1.7 points per game on defense. 1.7 ppg. Why? He's the best team in DIII by a full point and better then #10 on the list by almost 4 points. 4 points in the beta was almost a guaranteed win.
11/20/2013 12:35 AM
Posted by jaxbaker on 11/19/2013 11:30:00 PM (view original):
Yeah he has a good to great team but not to be preforming at that level on def against 11 humans,just unrealistic.gameplanning obviously must count for a lot to put up those kinds of numbers.Dont get me wrong esto242 you have a solid team but you must have figured out something special on def which is great for you but was the thing I didn't want to see happen.Talent should be number 1 all the time then gameplanning ,maybe you win all those games on talent alone but not with those kind of numbers.I just don't want to see a game where people figure out a glitch on off or def that can control the game,and Ive already noticed a bunch of teams with less talent having great success  and that's what I was afraid of in the first place but that example does not really apply in this case as far as talent.
You act like all 11 of those humans are actively coaching their teams. Given that Wilkinson is one of those early roll-overs - and full of freebie coaches who are unlikely to return, I would bet that most of them haven't looked at their team since signing day.   I'd have to look again to be sure, but if I recall correctly only 2 wins have come against teams with WIS rankings in the top 50.  And 11 games into the season WIS rankings mean something.  He also had the #2 over ranking in the GUESS reports at the start of the season.

If a lot of teams were doing this, I'd say you might have a point, but I think this team is clearly an aberration. 
11/20/2013 1:11 AM (edited)
jinxed it...lol...gave up 10 & had a fumble
11/20/2013 4:48 PM
I see your point bhazlewood but I totally disagree,my d2 team has played 10 sims and has 1 shutout and have shutout 1 human and my team was dominant over all those teams,I gameplanned for everyone and every down and never came close to those numbers.Maybe he hasn't figured any special way to play def and it just worked out that way but im not seeing anyone put up those kind of numbers.Dont get me wrong good for him if he has found some loopholes,but if so this is definitely not a version I would be happy with.
11/20/2013 7:58 PM
Yost will not pull up on guess...doesn't that mean you are still operating in yost under 2.0?
11/20/2013 8:32 PM
nope we are on 3,same time as bryant
11/20/2013 8:35 PM
to be honest i havent changed my defense or offense for that matter all season. i dont typically game plan vs a specific opponent really in my entire GD history. i have set up my game plans based on what i ran in the old 2.0 engine almost to the T. McDainiel historically has always been pretty impressive a squad since i have essentially 22 man senior 3 junior 22 man soph 3 frosh classes who all have scouting report upside & generally high WE and since the engine switch our formation IQ is about 20 points higher than we have ever had on average. I run the same exact system at Wake & SMU they are not producing similar results by any stretch
11/20/2013 8:37 PM
apparently guess is down for the moment. I was going to do a comparison...because seriously, the one thing this engine does well is have consistent results.
11/20/2013 8:42 PM
My web hosting company has had problems all day.  Apparently a major outage at their data center.  I can't get into my server at all.
11/20/2013 9:00 PM
Site is back up, hopefully for good this time.
11/20/2013 10:22 PM
update...lost NC
11/27/2013 2:32 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 11/27/2013 2:32:00 PM (view original):
update...lost NC
But to a juggernaut offense with a very experienced and wily coach.....And you hammered some good competition with your defense in the playoffs...
11/27/2013 2:49 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.