ODL - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Rosters

1) iccoachb - Wilt Chamberlain, Ray Allen, Gary Payton, Pau Gasol, Alvin Robertson,
  2) jhsukow - LeBron James, Mookie Blaylock, Horace Grant, Gus Johnson, Rajon Rondo,
  3) steelers821 - Moses Malone, Buck Williams, Steve Nash, Charles Oakley, Robert Horry,
  4) cmcafeeky - Michael Jordan, Bill Walton, Mel Daniels, Mark Price, AC Green,
  5) eleibowitz - Dennis Rodman, Alonzo Mourning, Deron Williams, Andrew Bynum, Nick Anderson,
  6) mikee1 - Kareem A-Jabbar, Terry Porter, Kevin Love, James Harden, Kris Humphries,
  7) smokey57 - Karl Malone, Bill Bridges, George Gervin, Micheal Williams, Paul Pressey,
  8) malone9975 - Dwight Howard, Tom Boerwinkle, Paul Pierce, C. Weatherspoon, A. Iguodala,
  9) theyard2 - Shaquille O'Neil, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Charlie Ward, Brandon Rush,
10 ashamael - Kevin Durant, Tyson Chandler, Shawn Kemp, Terrell Brandon, Anthony Mason,
11) dh555 -
Chris Paul, Marcus Camby, Larry Nance, Blake Griffin, Reggie Miller,
12) banditone - Julius Erving, Bob McAdoo, Jerry West, Jack Twyman, Jim Brewer,
13) jcred5 - Dwayne Wade, Stephen Curry, Donyell Marshall, Larry Sanders, Samuel Dalembert,
14) jkaye24 - David Robinson, C. Billups, Carlos Boozer, Brent Barry, Chris Gatling, C. Andersen, R. Anderson
15) tarheel1991 - Artis Gilmore, Shawn Marion, Tracy McGrady, Al Horford, Don Buse, Michael Smith, Mike Barr
16) ncmusician - Charles Barkley, Manu Ginobili, Serge Ibaka, Dale Davis, Nate McMillian, Jamaal Tinsley, O. Miller
17) amerk1180 - Larry Bird, Dikembe Mutombo, Fat Lever, Josh Smith, Chris Webber, Theo Ratliff, Micheal Pietrus
18) xxevilivexx - John Stockton, Scottie Pippen, Elton Brand, Wes Unseld, Walt Bellamy,
19) benhoidal - Magic Johnson, Kevin Garnett, Arvydas Sabonis, Clifford Ray, A. Drummond, Kevin Johnson, J. Przybilla 
20) carbonjones - Hakeem Olajuwon, Walt Frazier, Bobby Jones, Joakim Noah, Ron Harper, Shane Battier, Mo Cheeks
21) redsoxbox - Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Gerald Wallace, Tree Rollins, Bo Outlaw, Rodrigue Beaubois, Manute Bol
22) natenoy - Ben Wallace, Jerry Lucas, Amare Stoudemire, Clyde Drexler, Jose Calderon, Danny Granger, Art Williams
23) felonius - Bill Russell, Anfernee Hardaway, Marquese Johnson, David Lee, Emeka Okafor, Tony Kukoc, Mike Miller
24) scudmissle - Oscar Robertson, Jason Kidd, Patrick Ewing, Swen Nater, Andrei Kirilenko, Steve Novak, Dan Gadzuric

12/5/2013 5:39 PM (edited)
I got the player I wanted @ 7th, I wanted Karl @ 1st too. I had not used Malone because of his fouls & to's. Then in the DDL 90's draft I notice the '96-97' year and could'nt resist drafting him. What a monster!  $9.8m..ouch. 
11/21/2013 4:09 PM
11/21/2013 4:54 PM
I've only been in the ODL 3 seasons but it seems that CP, Dr J & Wade going 11th, 12th & 13th significantly altered the draft.
11/23/2013 12:58 AM
Posted by smokey57 on 11/23/2013 12:58:00 AM (view original):
I've only been in the ODL 3 seasons but it seems that CP, Dr J & Wade going 11th, 12th & 13th significantly altered the draft.
I don't see CP3 going this early as a shock, considering he may be the best pure PG in the game (eliminating LeBron as an option...although he maybe the best overall PG in the sim if we aren't looking at the traditional roles of a PG), but I think Dr. J is very early as I wouldn't draft him prior to 20 overall and I am some what anti Wade.

With all that being said I understand going early on some players because you wanted to try playing with them for a change.  I would have taken Dwight Howard if none of the defacto top 5 fell to me just because I have never used him in a draft league.  I am thinking of trying something really stupid in the 52 Mil league with some typically undrafted players just because I think it may be a fun experiment.
11/23/2013 1:56 AM
Personally I don't like alot of usage @ PG (sub24). So that lowers my interest in some popular PG's. I thought Bird going 17th or so was odd, especially with Durant, Dr J & Wade going early. IMO breaking away from the big men to such a large extent was suprising, really changes the 2nd round. Interesting draft so far...
11/23/2013 3:00 AM
agree with your breakdown of the 1st, smoke... makes drafting 24th, viable (changing the adjective to a verb). but also agree with mr. fishbait above. never had howard either. on the bright side, he gives wilt a run for his money with clanking ft's.
11/23/2013 4:50 AM
CP3 has been pretty consistently drafted at that spot since we've been in the ODL, Smokey. What is interesting is that Wade and the very comparable DR. J have seemed to make the leap. I am (was?) pretty much the president of the hate Wade club, but have drastically changed my tune after seeing what Redbox has done with him this season. I suspect that owners this draft may have a stronger focus on defense and usage ala the redbox/wade model.
11/23/2013 7:30 AM
Thoughts:

1) Even though I should of taken Kareem (I just had Howard last season), had to take Rodman never used him before
2) Dr J was taken way too early, IMO.  Wade a little too early
3) Where Bird was picked is where he belongs the 86-87 season gives you so much flexibility
4) Still not sold of CP3 in ODL very expensive for what he gives you
11/23/2013 7:41 AM
well, ladies and gentlemen, there you have it. the panel of insiders have revealed their thoughts.  stay-tuned... you're playin'... You Decide It... we'll be right back after these messages.
11/23/2013 8:30 AM
I think DWade should personally cut me a check for much I increased his draft stock. :-)
11/23/2013 10:20 AM
Posted by thisredbox on 11/23/2013 10:20:00 AM (view original):
I think DWade should personally cut me a check for much I increased his draft stock. :-)
As those of you in the PPL know we are in season 4 and the playoffs start today. Coming into the season Ash had the record for most wins in a season at 60 (the league has extreme parity to say the least) and Nc has dominated winning the title in season's 1 and 2 and losing to Ash in the season 3 finals. It wasn't all Wade but my team went 64-18 in the regular season with Nc in the division (31-11 out of division) as well as dh (27-15) and thomcat (25-17). Only 63-64 Wilt finished higher in the MVP race as Wade finished ahead of 64-65 Wilt, two MJ's; two LeBron's; and two Kareem's. 08-09 Wade is a complete monster if you build correctly around him. Which IMO means you put a group of 90-100 D guys around him and see how far your defense can take you. Like thisredbox my team led the league in lowest fg% against, so from what I've seen if you go the Wade route then you better be prepared to go all-in on D. 

Vance won the dh $52 with Wade a few seasons back, I tried him the next season and did not make the second round of the playoffs. My Wade attempt had a few sub-50 D guys. My assumption was that Wade would give me balance, but from what I've seen the best Wade teams sport an elite D first and foremost.
11/23/2013 11:01 AM
In XLIV (the most recent league) Wade finished tied for second in MVP voting (tied with KG), second in ppg, first in fga and third in fta. Just FYI. Also, only 11 blocks less than KG, lol.

I have my theory as to why high D works well with him.
11/23/2013 12:14 PM
Posted by thisredbox on 11/23/2013 12:14:00 PM (view original):
In XLIV (the most recent league) Wade finished tied for second in MVP voting (tied with KG), second in ppg, first in fga and third in fta. Just FYI. Also, only 11 blocks less than KG, lol.

Hoping he was a few 11 for 33 games left in him for the finals :)
11/23/2013 12:18 PM
Posted by natenoy on 11/23/2013 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thisredbox on 11/23/2013 12:14:00 PM (view original):

Hoping he was a few 11 for 33 games left in him for the finals :)
Not too far off. :)
11/23/2013 8:03 PM
1|2|3...13 Next ▸
ODL - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.