D3, Season 70 Topic

Victory bacon for everyone!

True story:

I woke up this morning to my clock radio alarm going off, it's set on one of the Chicago radio stations.  Katy Perry's song Roar was playing...

"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire.  'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar."

Me: "Holy crap if that isn't the perfect song to check the Wooster/Millsaps result to, I don't know what is."

I grabbed my tablet from the bedside table, opened a browser, and went straight to the play-by-play from last night.  All I can say is... wow.  I was shocked when we took the early lead and kept extending it.  In my head I kept yelling "KEEP SCORING!  NO LEAD IS SAFE AGAINST MILLSAPS!"  And it's true, several times Millsaps would go on a little run and all of a sudden the lead would plummet and I started getting nervous.  Somehow, my guys were able to keep knocking down shots against the tough defense and hold on for the win.  I seriously can't explain it, there is no way in hell that my team was 14 points better than brian's team.  This game had no business being decided by such a large margin.

So congrats to brian on another awesome season.  I gotta say, winning my first career title against one of the top dynasties in Rupp makes it that much more special.  Beating brian, phalla, and spasticity in the same season is pretty tough to do.

And thanks to everyone who posted me congrats messages, much appreciated.  And darnoc, sadly I didn't re-wear my Wooster shirt today since I didn't have time to run it through the laundry.  Looks like I'm going to need a couple more Wooster shirts.

Finally, I promise that I'll do my best next season to avoid constantly including the phrase "defending national champs Wooster" in every single GotN writeup post.  I make no guarantees on how successful I'll be able to limit it, but I'll try.  Like Katy said, I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar.

(Wow, this post turned out really dorky.  Totally worth it.)
1/8/2014 12:09 PM
Nice job pseudochamp. I've enjoyed the write ups.
1/8/2014 6:24 PM
Congrats pseudo!!!!!

And thanks pseudo, rednu, bullman, brian and all who make this division so enjoyable.
1/8/2014 6:56 PM
Stats!

players: skydrive.live.com/redir
team offense: skydrive.live.com/redir
team defense: skydrive.live.com/redir

1/8/2014 8:27 PM
As always bullman, thanks for compiling the data, without which I would be unable to be driven mad by my ongoing horrendous offensive inefficiency compared to my apparently somewhat decent grasp of defensive concepts in this game. Year, after year, after year...

I appreciate the thanks from phalla as well, but truth be told I pretty much checked out of this thread this season other than keeping tabs on what others were writing within it. Between work, coaching and grad school classes, I'm just scrambling to maintain my teams. I'm not sure if that makes me a dedicated player or a hopeless addict (is there really a difference?) to this game when i refuse to set it aside. Pseudo deserves the bulk of the credit as he's taken what I did and has run with it far better than I ever was able.
1/9/2014 1:38 AM
I always enjoy reading this thread, seeing the data, etc. Thanks to all the contributors!
1/9/2014 5:21 PM
This thread plays a huge part in keeping me in Rupp D3.  I am glad its here and hope it keeps on keepin on!!

Go Ozarks!
1/9/2014 6:41 PM
thanks for doing this thread guys, it has prompted me to take a team in rupp, so I hope the fun continues next season!
1/11/2014 1:26 AM
thanks for doing this thread guys, it has prompted me to take a team in rupp, so I hope the fun continues next season!
1/11/2014 1:26 AM
Posted by swany623 on 1/11/2014 1:26:00 AM (view original):
The fun never ends in Rupp D3.  Have you picked your team yet?
1/11/2014 11:39 AM
Posted by bullman17 on 1/11/2014 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swany623 on 1/11/2014 1:26:00 AM (view original):
The fun never ends in Rupp D3.  Have you picked your team yet?
yes, Stillman in the university
1/11/2014 2:30 PM
Good choice.  If I had to give up my Willamette team I would move to University or GNE.
1/12/2014 8:04 PM
Welcome to Hell swany!  bwahahaha
1/12/2014 9:09 PM
And btw...Rednu...ahem...are you forgetting something?
1/12/2014 9:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
D3, Season 70 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.