D3, Season 70 Topic

Well done goldenboy, I love when people turn up the heat for the Sim Blowout watch.  Very nice.
12/4/2013 4:23 PM
Dickinson and I were whistled for a combined 71 fouls last night. I was unaware WIS employed Dick Bavetta, Violet Palmer, and Bennett Salvatore to officiate games.
12/4/2013 5:23 PM
71 fouls and not a single one of them was against a player in the act of shooting a 3ptr.  I'll be showing the tape of your game to my players.
12/4/2013 5:38 PM
welcome to the big time pseudo - taking out J-Dub is very impressive.
12/5/2013 10:20 AM
Millsaps is still at #1 but Penn St. Altoona jumped a few spot up to #2.  We're down to thirty-two undefeated teams, fourteen of which are simmed.  Interesting.

Last Night
#3 Wooster 72   #10 Johnson and Wales 66
Wooster bounced back from a disappointing double overtime loss by gutting out a close 6 point road victory over the Spider Monkeys of J-Dub.  The visitors moved in front about halfway through the first half and held on for a 6 point lead at the break.  J-Dub stayed close the entire way including being just 2 down with a minute to play, but fortunately for my mental health Wooster made their free throws at the end, securing the win.  These teams were pretty even in the other game stats, so Wooster's 87% from the line was key.  Speaking of things eating away at my mental health, Wooster's Paul Richter picked up his fifth foul of the game after fouling a J-Dub player shooting as time expired in regulation.  Wooster was up 8 at the time so I can only assume Richter was trying to prevent J-Dub from attempting the 9 point shot.  Cunning strategy.  Wooster and pseudochamp move a spot back up to #3 with the win while J-Dub and spasticity slip down to #10 after their first loss.

Also considered: #9 John Carroll held on for a huge road win at #5 Willamette 84-80, #11 Dickinson cruised past Greensboro 109-80, #2 Penn St. Altoona easily handled Ursinus 87-52, #4 Whittier scored the road win over North Carolina Wesleyan 73-61, #6 W. New England had no issues at home against Earlham 78-57, #17 Wittenberg was victorious over Northland 65-55, and #19 Merchant Marines got past E. Oregon 66-50.

Sim blowout watch: New York City Tech kept it close enough to technically avoid the blowout, covering against #23 Mount St. Mary 45-72.

GotN
#5 Willamette (4-1)(bullman17) at #22 Simpson (5-0)(profgreen)
Another good game between ranked opponents at the Northwest meets the Iowa conference.  Willamette will look to bounce back from their first defeat of the season as they face their second straight ranked opponent.  Simpson is undefeated but this will easily be their toughest test of the season so far.  This is the first meeting between these two coaches, the road team is favored by 3 points.

Also considered: #3 Wooster at #18 Webster, #10 Johnson and Wales at #9 John Carroll, #11 Dickinson at Colorado, Ursinus at #12 Emory, #14 Wentworth Tech at Wisconsin La Crosse, Dallas at #20 Palm Beach Atlantic, and Ohio Wesleyan at #23 Mount St. Mary

Sim blowout watch: Fairleigh Dickinson is a big 59 point home dog as they welcome #6 W. New England and E. Mennonite is getting 51 points at home against #13 Vassar.
12/5/2013 1:53 PM
Playing for the cover...not sure I've got the bench offense to pull it off, but the defense is stoked to force a lot of turnovers tonight. We'll see how it goes.
12/5/2013 10:55 PM
Meh...if I'd had anything remotely approximating a first half, we'd have pulled it off. The second half was definitely on pace.
12/6/2013 2:30 AM
[Insert clever comment about something here]

Last Night
#3 Willamette 73   Simpson 62
Willamette was able to bounce back from their first defeat and secure a solid double digit win on the road.  The visitors took the lead early in the game and then were able to fend off every run that Simpson made at them the rest of the way.  Willamette was up by 6 at the half, Simpson got closer several times in the second but they were never able to get over the hump.  This certainly wasn't a case of home-cooked refs, Simpson got called for 30 fouls compared to 14 for the visitors.  Willamette and bullman climb back up to #3 in the rankings with the win, Simpson and profgreen will look for a bounce-back of their own after their first loss.

Also considered: #12 Webster out-Gorloked Wooster 79-65, #5 Johnson and Wales got a clutch steal on the last possession of regulation to force overtime where they ran away from #19 John Carroll 111-103, #8 Dickinson got past Colorado 68-58, #7 Emory used a big second half to down Ursinus 74-57, Wisconsin La Crosse got the upset at home over Wentworth Tech 79-69, #15 Palm Beach Atlantic won at home against Dallas 62-49, as did #16 Mount St. Mary vs Ohio Wesleyan 70-59.

Sim blowout watch: Much to rednu's chagrin, Fairleigh Dickinson was able to cover against #9 W. New England 56-91 and E. Mennonite did the same against Vassar 49-94.

GotN
#10 Hardin-Simmons (6-0)(sublightd) at #7 Emory (6-0)(phalla)
It's American Southwest vs the University in a top ten meeting of undefeated teams.  sublightd has a slim 3-2 advantage in the all-time series so phalla will be looking to tie it up.  The visitors are a one point favorite.

Also considered: #3 Willamette at #16 Mount St. Mary, #24 Emory and Henry at #18 Daniel Webster, #5 Johnson and Wales at Wentworth Tech, Susquehanna at #11 Wooster, and Wittenberg at #12 Webster

Sim blowout watch: E. Mennonite makes a second straight appearance, this time getting 56 points hosting #6 Trinity while the other Trinity (the one in CT) is a 51 point road dog against #25 Manchester.  Ok, now I'm pretty much demanding we get a Trinity vs Trinity matchup next season so I can hopefully write about it in the blowout watch.  Also, wouldn't it make more sense if there were three Trinity schools in D3?
12/6/2013 2:50 PM
That is hilarious! The least I can do is schedule the 2 Trinity's (or is it Trinities?) that do exist!
12/7/2013 2:50 AM
I think I'll try and schedule Emory and Henry. Seems like a natural. And the're ranked #20.  

Wonder why they split up ... Emory and Henry?
12/7/2013 12:04 PM
It'll all be perfect once we get Bridgewater to play Bridgewater State, Centre to play Central, Clark and Clarkson, all four Concordias to play each other, Franklin and Franklin & Marshall, the five Johns and Johnsons, Clark and Lewis and Clark, two Mary's, two Maryville's ...

Wow there are a lot more of these than I thought when I started this post.
12/7/2013 4:48 PM
Univ. of New England, New England and Western New England

And if you schedule both Trinity schools, is it also a written rule that you must also schedule Holy Family?

12/7/2013 6:20 PM
I love this conversation.
12/7/2013 9:44 PM
Down to fifteen undefeated teams, four of them simmed.  And Millsaps is still ranked #1 because he never learned to share in kindergarten.

Last Night
#9 Hardin-Simmons 82   #15 Emory 76   (OT)
Our first overtime featured game of the night, how exciting.  Emory had a 5 point lead at the break but both teams took their turn in the lead during the second half with Emory sinking two free throws to tie the game with fifteen seconds left in regulation.  Hardin-Simmons missed a jumper from outside the lane with one second left an we went to overtime.  Unfortunately for the home team they apparently were following the Wooster overtime strategy and choose not to score the first couple minutes of the extra session and Hardin-Simmons was able to build a lead and hold on for the win.  Hardin-Simmons and sublightd stayed perfect on the season and moved up one spot in the rankings with the win.  Emory and phalla fell a few places to #15 after their first loss.

Also considered: #2 Willamette fouled #23 Mount St. Mary with one second left possibly to prevent a 3pt attempt and won 57-56, #20 Emory and Henry came back from a halftime deficit to beat Daniel Webster 80-74, #4 Johnson and Wales cruised past Wentworth Tech 112-97, #8 Wooster used a huge second half to run away from Susquehanna 69-42, and #11 Webster was too much Gorlok once again and downed Wittenberg 73-66.

Sim blowout watch: E. Mennonite scored another cover, this time against #10 Trinity 50-86 while the other Trinity got a cover of its own against Manchester 66-83.

GotN
#3 Penn St. Altoona (7-0)(frankgrimes1) at #1 Millsaps (7-0)(brianxavier)
In what might be the non-conference game of the year we have two undefeated top three teams battling it out to see which double letters are superior, o's or l's.  Or maybe n's, depending on which frank likes better.  Anyway, brian leads the all-time series 13-9 and his team is favored by 2 at home.  Should be a great one.

Also considered: #4 Johnson and Wales at #12 Vassar, #6 Dickinson at #15 Emory, and #11 Webster at #25 E. Connecticut State

Sim blowout watch: Hamilton is getting 42 points at home as they host #7 W. New England.
12/7/2013 10:14 PM
Ten undefeated teams left and twenty still looking for their first win.

Last Night
#9 Penn St. Altoona 48   #1 Millsaps 72
This game was 36-33 Millsaps with just over ten minutes to play in the second half.  Then it was 57-33 Millsaps with just over seven minutes left.  Let's just say PSA would like have those three minutes back.  Millsaps and brian stay undefeated atop the rankings with the win while PSA and frank drop down six spots after their first defeat on the season.

Also considered: #3 Johnson and Wales survived despite missing some late free throws against #18 Vassar 71-69, #11 Emory held on for the home win over #12 Dickinson 70-64, and #20 E. Connecticut State conquered the Gorloks of #17 Webster 87-78.

Sim blowout watch: Hamilton kept it close enough for the home cover against #7 W. New England 64-86.

GotN
#1 Millsaps (8-0)(brianxavier) at #3 Johnson and Wales (7-1)(spasticity)
This didn't work yesterday but let's try it again.  In what might be the non-conference game of the year we have two top three teams battling it out to see if Majors are majorly scared of Spider Monkeys.  Millsaps dispatched the previous third-ranked team and tonight they go for two in a row.  J-Dub has the best RPI and SOS in the nation so this should be an awesome game.  spasticity is trailing the series 4-7 and his team is getting 3 points at home.

Also considered: #11 Emory at #6 Wooster, #13 Merchant Marines at #25 Rivier, Eureka at #5 Lynchburg, #8 Trinity at Greensboro, #15 Texas Lutheran at Capital, Occidental at #21 UMass Dartmouth, and #22 Whittier at Susquehanna

Sim blowout watch: Hobart and William Smith is a 48 point home dog against #7 W. New England who goes in search of a blowout once again.
12/8/2013 11:04 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
D3, Season 70 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.